Question about adding QSDP

LuvsEpcot

Mouseketeer
I have AP room only ressies for the CR and now that I've done the math, I'd like to add the Quick Service DP. Our dates are 8/21 - 8/24. Can this be done when we get there, or do I need to go ahead and add it on now?

TIA
Brenda

You cannot add it when you get there. If you are going to add the dining plan, it has to be done more than 3 days from arrival.

What you will need to do is convert your reservation from a room-only to an annual passholder room/dining package, as you cannot add DDP to a room only reservation. A ticket purchase is not required with the AP package. However, it's still a package, and is subject to the same deposit, payment, change and cancellation policies as other packages - full payment will be required no later than 45 days from arrival, cancellation penalties kick in after that, and if you downgrade the package within 45 days there is a $50 change fee.

If you have an AP room discount, it can be applied to the room/dining package.

Not to hijack the thread, but if we have an AP and book a bounceback rate, can we also convert that to a package with the DDP?

You mean, booking a bounceback package with free dining? Probably not. You can't get free dining with an AP package - you always have to buy a ticket.

If you mean a bounceback room only rate, you'd have to ask Disney that - I know the AP discounts are applicable to the AP package but I dont' know about other room only discounts.

I mean the bounceback rates for a % off your room, not free dining.

We'll be there in early August on the 4/3 promo, and if the same bounceback rates are available then as are now, I hope to book a Dec. trip and upgrade our MYW passes to APs. I'd like to have the DDP in December though.

Unless Disney doesn't apply that bounceback rate to AP packages, you will be able to book it as an AP ticketless package when you do the booking. You do not have to have the AP to make the booking but you must have it when you check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter