Question about AAA discounts....

shannon71474

Earning My Ears
I received an e-mail from AAA with a deal offering a 2 month trial membership for only $10. I was wondering if it would be worth signing up for the trail offer in order to book our room for September? Do I only need to be a member when making the reservation or must I still be a member when I go to check-in? Also, if I receive the AAA discount, can I also add the dining package to our vacation?
Also, do I call Disney or AAA to book the room?

Thanks for all your help?

Shannon

If you decide to ask for the AAA discount for Sept., you will need to be a AAA member in Sept. as well. From my understanding, they will ask to see your card for verification. If you would like the dining added on and want the AAA discount then you will have to set it up with a AAA travel agent. This is the way we opted to go. If you just want the room only reservation, then you can book that directly with Disney.

Whenever we have gotten a discount with AAA, we needed to show our card at the time of check-in, purchase, etc.

Is this trial offer you received only for you or is it a general code or something available to others - If it is, would you share the code with us?

Thanks! Michelle

Think about this. A typical AAA membership costs about $40 / year. Booking Disney through AAA saves around 20%. On a week's stay that adds up to a lot more than the $30 you would save with your trial membership. If you don't have any other way to save, join AAA but do it quick because they often "sell out" of rooms available. :earboy2:

shannon71474 said:
I received an e-mail from AAA with a deal offering a 2 month trial membership for only $10. I was wondering if it would be worth signing up for the trail offer in order to book our room for September? Do I only need to be a member when making the reservation or must I still be a member when I go to check-in? Also, if I receive the AAA discount, can I also add the dining package to our vacation?
Also, do I call Disney or AAA to book the room?

Thanks for all your help?

Shannon

We like to use AAA not only for disney but if we go on overnight vacations to say the shore or something else it saves us a ton of money.

We did the AAA discount and got the dining package as well. We booked through AAA.

I was thinking of getting AAA, I want the dining plan so I wpuld have to book through AAA, correct? It the payment the same though, $200 deposit?

Lookn4Mickey said:
I was thinking of getting AAA, I want the dining plan so I wpuld have to book through AAA, correct? It the payment the same though, $200 deposit?

Payment terms are identical to WDW if you book through AAA. $200 down and balance due 45 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter