question about a recall on a car

kacaju

DIS Veteran
I had a 2001 Ford Windstar van. Bought it brand new. I just got rid of it this spring (had over 130,000 miles on it) Anyway, today I recieved notice from Ford that there is a recall on the rear axle. I had the rear axle replaced about 2 years ago due to it cracked in half (my car repair man was shocked to see that it had cracked with not being in an accident)
So they are now replaceing them if needed. Is there any way I could send in the bill of repair (replacement) and get my money back for replacing it?? Even though I no longer own the van??
There is a phone number I can try to call, but of course it will have to wait ubtil Monday

I work for a group of car dealerships and most car makers do this all the time. As long as you still have the paperwork that explains why the axle was replaced you should get reimbursed.

I work for a group of car dealerships and most car makers do this all the time. As long as you still have the paperwork that explains why the axle was replaced you should get reimbursed.

Thank you!! Now I am hoping that the car repair place still has this bill on the computer. I really think I threw away all the paperwork on that van when I got rid of it back in May

OK I found the reciept! The reciept does not explain why they replaced the axle, it just says
Part description
rear axle assemble
Dealer

Labor description
replaced complete rear axle assemble

This was not done by the dealer, but a local repair guy.

The only problem is since I no longer own the car (I am sure they junked it when I gave it to the used car dealer) how does that effect things? Do yuo think I could still getmy money back?
Oh, and the repair was done March 2009.

Well there would be a record or indication if the van was ever in an accident. Just pull a carfax report. Or speak with your insurance agents, to show a clean record for 2009.

YES!!! I just got a check today from Ford for $890.00 which was my cost for the new axle I replaced!! Today is my dh's Birthday too, what a sweet surprise. The guy at the dealer told me this could have taken up to 3 months to get the money back!!

I had a 2001 Ford Windstar van. Bought it brand new. I just got rid of it this spring (had over 130,000 miles on it) Anyway, today I recieved notice from Ford that there is a recall on the rear axle. I had the rear axle replaced about 2 years ago due to it cracked in half (my car repair man was shocked to see that it had cracked with not being in an accident)
So they are now replaceing them if needed. Is there any way I could send in the bill of repair (replacement) and get my money back for replacing it?? Even though I no longer own the van??
There is a phone number I can try to call, but of course it will have to wait ubtil Monday

I just got that recall notice myself (my Windstar is a 2002). It seems to me that the letter mentioned your situation, and I do think that you can reimbursed IF you can produce receipts. If you don't have them, check with your repairman for records.

I just got that recall notice myself (my Windstar is a 2002). It seems to me that the letter mentioned your situation, and I do think that you can reimbursed IF you can produce receipts. If you don't have them, check with your repairman for records.

read above post, I actually just got the check from them on Saturday. My biggest concern was the fact I no longer own the van. Ford paid me back which is great!! Just in time for Christmas!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter