Question about 2yr old

sayheyrenee

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney in May for 6 days. My daughter turns 2 the last day.

Should I bring her birth certificate?

Since we are staying on site, will they give her a card to get in the parks or will they ask for proof of her age?
I'm also worried about buffets etc with eating. Wondering if I can bring a copy with me.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Also, we are going to the park on her 3rd birthday. Will we have to pay for her?
No where on the reservation did they ask for her birthdate.

If they turn 3 during the trip they are treated as a 2 year old. They age they were when they trip started. She will not get a park ticket.
I have been on many trips with my kids before the age of 3 and never had to prove age and we were never asked. And I have large kids that look way older than they actually are.

Have a great trip!

Sarah

No one will question. No one ages at Disney. LOL; she will be treated as 2 the whole trip. Have fun!

Do not worry about them questioning her age. They won't think twice. My daughter is almost 5-now she is small for her age-just reached 40 inches, but the ticket holders seem shock when I give them a ticket for her!

They might ask, but they will not give you a hard time when you tell them she is 2. We have had a few trips where the boys were right at the borderline age and they, not us, were asked a few times, often at buffets, how old they were. We have carried a reduced size copy of the birth certificate just to be sure but have never needed it.

Like others have said, you won't need a birth certificate. I did just want to share our experience with the buffets, though. When DS was 16 months old (and is ~5% in height and weight, so he was tiny!) we were charged for him at every. single. buffet. Each time, I just pointed it out to the server and the charge was removed without any problems, but the fact that it happened multiple times made me a little suspicious. Perhaps they were charging people hoping they didn't notice and just paid for the babies... So just make sure to check your bill and get it corrected if needed.

DD is almost 3 and has been many times. Never once have I had to provide a birth certificate or proof of age for her (and she definitely looks older than 3!). And it is my understanding if they turn 3 while on vacation, they are still treated as a "2" year old and you do not have to pay!

You won't need it at Disney, but if you're flying, you may need it.

I always use my son's passport, sometimes they look at it, sometimes they don't. And I have no idea how it works if the child turns 3 before a return flight (my guess is that you'd have to buy a one way fare?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter