Question about 2 bedrooms at BCV

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Disney1fan2002, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Disney1fan2002

Disney1fan2002 <font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to

Jun 21, 2002
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me if any of the two bedrooms in BCV is a one bedroom and studio combined? I am asking, because next year I would like to invite friends of ours to join us, and it is less points to rent a 2 bedroom than a 1 bedroom and studio, but I would like for them to have the studio for privacy reasons. They are not family, and I would not want them to feel uncomfortable sharing a living area ( I do not know if this would be the case, just making sure). I hear discussions about dedicated 2 bedrooms and lock offs, I assume a lock off is the studio? Could someone explain the difference between a lock off and dedicated? Another question, at OKW, are all the two bedrooms a studio combined with a 1 bedroom? I know when we stayed at OKW, we had a door that went into a one bredroom unit. That is what I would like to rent for my friends, so they can keep a door closed between us. I would really like to be able to stay at BCV for the SAB and the 11 month window...but if BVC doesn't have these studio lock offs as a two bedroom, I may have to stay at OKW. Any info would help. Thanks!
  2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. betslinc

betslinc Mouseketeer

Nov 17, 2002
    You've got it right, what you want is a lock off, and BCV does have those.
  4. Terry S

Terry S <a href="

Aug 9, 2001
    There are 74 lock-off 2 bedrooms at BCV. You have to make sure when you make the reservation that you actually reserve a lock-off though. This is not just a request, this is a reservation.

The big differences between a lock-off and dedicated 2 bedroom are:

Lock-off has a door that goes out into the resort hallway from their room, a dedicated does not, the guest would have to exit and enter into the hallway from the living room

Lock-offs have a fridge, microwave and coffe maker. Dedciated does not, since it is a 2nd bedroom, you would assume they would use the kitchen.

A lock-off will have a queen bed and a double fold-out couch in the studio portion.
  5. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

Oct 26, 2000
    all the DVC resorts except BWV have both the dedicated and the lock-off.

BWV has only the lock-off.

I think DVC had decided that it was easier to rent a 1-bedroom and a studio then a 2-bedroom.

but if you have a family with small children I think - a 2-bedroom dedicated is better than the lock-off.

but everyone needs to decide for themselves.