Questiom: Please answer

Azure

•◘•
I was just wondering if I were to buy a new computer and hook up the internet with it, would I still be banned on my new computer?

I dont really understand what you are saying but i will guess.

If you are banned from VMK it will not let you on it on any computer.

Oh, I mean I don't know if this is the right place to say this but this was why I got banned:

I was going to be trading alot of credits for rare stuff like beta tables and such. So I needed Narnia Teleporters and so I gave someone around 10,000 credits for codes for Narnia Teleporters and I entered too many at once and they said that I was hacking.

I would never hack into the game, I didn't realize that by getting all those codes i'd get banned.

Azure said:
Oh, I mean I don't know if this is the right place to say this but this was why I got banned:

I was going to be trading alot of credits for rare stuff like beta tables and such. So I needed Narnia Teleporters and so I gave someone around 10,000 credits for codes for Narnia Teleporters and I entered too many at once and they said that I was hacking.

I would never hack into the game, I didn't realize that by getting all those codes i'd get banned.

Did they say it was for entering codes too fast? It may have been that the teleporter codes were obtained using a generator, because I have typed in 5 full sets of in-park quest cards at once without a problem.

Same here I put in 4 full sets of in park codes though.

Buying a new computer won't solve your problem. You're service provider should change your IP addresses every 5 days to refresh the connection. If you were to make a new account now on your "banned" computer you should be fine.

It said my whole computer is banned :( I'll just look in the penny saver for a new computer.

Hmm, that's probibly not the best choice. A new computer now-a-days is around $500. Paying $500 just to play VMK seems a little to much.

I realize that, but for me I have a job which I make $7.75 and hour and this last week I made $13.89 for 1 day only, i'm taking an extra shift, I got 25.00 from my grandma.

I get $10.00-$15.00 a week which in no time will be:

840.00 plus christmas money plus working money!

A new computer will not solve the problem at all! That is just like going to someone else's computer...your account will still be banned. It is not your *computer* that is banned, it is either your account or your IP address. Buying a new computer to fix being banned is like going to the hospital emergency room and putting a full-body cast on a paper cut...

You probably got in trouble because the codes that you "bought" were hacked codes...or that VMK thinks they were hacked codes, which amounts to the same thing. If you tried to explain to them they might just tell you that you probably aren't allowed to trade for codes like that. Sorry that this happened to you. How long is the ban for?

Exactly, thanks for helping me point it out KT :). Your whole computer can not be banned, only your IP address and account. That's all VMK has the power of doing. So it's simple change your IP address if your internet doesn't already do that.

I don't think IP addresses change automatically. But there is a way to check.

See my little penguin in my sig? He tells you your IP address (among other things). Check my sig every once in a while to see if it has changed. If it has, make a new VMK account and try to get on.

If your IP doesn't change itself...
Don't go buy that computer!! It's a total waste of money. Especailly when you can just take the power wire out of the internet box (cable, DSL, or broadband only) and keep it out for 5 minutes. If that fails, unplug it for 8 hours (overnight works best).

If that fails, do this (this is the only one that will work with dial-up):
Click Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->Command prompt
Type "ipconfig /release" (without the quotes)
Type "ipconfig /renew" (again, no quotes)

If all that fails, do this exactly as it is written (this won't work with dial-up):

Click Start -->Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt
Shut down your computer
Turn off your computer
Turn off all ethernet hubs/switches.
Turn off cable/DSL modem.
Leave off overnight.
Turn everything back on.

Lastly, don't try to get the easy way out and get an IP changer utility. They don't actually work.

According to comcast my IP address changes every 5 days to refresh connection and keep hackers from finding me @_@.

There are instructions on the net, or through your server (best bet), but supposedly if you delete all temp files/cookies, disconnect your server overnight, and reboot, the IP address should change. It didn't work for me, but we got a change to cable phone which gave a new router, also giving the new IP. Going on a friends computer would be the same effect, as far as using a character other than the one that was banned. The bummer part is that it affects the whole family if more than one person play the game!

I researched my stuff and got it off the net. It definitely works.

DDon't believe me? Go to whatismyipaddress.com to see your IP address. Also, if you click on "How Do I change my IP address", it will show you what you need to know.

I just mentioned that if you are a kid (which maybe you might be) you don't want to do ANY of these things without checking if it is ok with your parents first, or asking for their help. It may seem like a simple thing to do, but you don't really want to be typing commands into the computer without parental supervision.

TToryk said:
I don't think IP addresses change automatically. But there is a way to check.

See my little penguin in my sig? He tells you your IP address (among other things). Check my sig every once in a while to see if it has changed. If it has, make a new VMK account and try to get on.

If your IP doesn't change itself...
Don't go buy that computer!! It's a total waste of money. Especailly when you can just take the power wire out of the internet box (cable, DSL, or broadband only) and keep it out for 5 minutes. If that fails, unplug it for 8 hours (overnight works best).

If that fails, do this (this is the only one that will work with dial-up):
Click Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->Command prompt
Type "ipconfig /renew" (again, no quotes)

If all that fails, do this exactly as it is written (this won't work with dial-up):

Click Start -->Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt
Shut down your computer
Turn off your computer
Turn off all ethernet hubs/switches.
Turn off cable/DSL modem.
Leave off overnight.
Turn everything back on.

Lastly, don't try to get the easy way out and get an IP changer utility. They don't actually work.
OK. Now how is your signature showing me my IP address?
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter