• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ques. Using Magic Bands as off property guest?

JLa01844

Mouseketeer
We will be checking in at Wilderness Lodge in 3 weeks, so we have our magic bands and fast passes, etc. all ready but, we will be returning in October and staying off property. Will I be able to use my current bands for that trip as well? Just signing into MDE and adding our park tickets and dining manually?

TY in advance. Happy New Year :)

Do you have tickets or APs? If you have APs they can be used for park entry without a corresponding reservation. As of now, I'm pretty sure you need a reservation in order for the park tickets to be used for FP+ on the magic band. I think I've seen a few people say they haven't been able to make FP+ reservations even though they have tickets linked, because their onsite reservation was over. But I'm not 100% on that. For entry, it might still work.

Also, by October this will have all changed 1000 times, so any answer today is really irrelevant. LOL

ETA.. As of now, dining reservations and magic bands are separate. Only the DDP credits are stored and managed with the MBs I believe.

You won't be able to have a dining plan if you stay offsite, but I believe you can use it for your tickets.

By October FP+ and everything may be rolled out to offsite guests anyway.

I would just have regular park hoppers in October. I wouldn't be on a dining plan... I'd just be making reservations so I assumed I could just add my adr#'s. I guess we will just have to wait to see what October brings!!

Yeah, there's no telling what's going to happen next month, yet alone October. ;)

We will be staying a week at Shades of Green in June and we were wondering if we stay one night on Disney property, can we receive Magic Bands that could be used for the entire rest of the stay at SOG (tickets only obviously, not as room keys or dining plan)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter