Queasiness factor of TOT and Space Mt?

tatajess

Mouseketeer
The fastest rides at WDW I've tried are Big Thunder Mt. Railroad and Splash Mt.

I didn't feel or get sick after either, but during this next trip I'm thinking of trying TOT and Space Mt.

Did anyone feel or get sick after either of these rides?

Thanks for the info...I'm such a hypocondriac! lol!

I got very sick on BTMRR. I got very queasy on Space. I don't enjoy ToT because it is very discomforting to me. I get motion sick very easily. I had a patch from the cruise on when we got back to WDW. I thought I would be okay on Space, but it didn't help at all.

Jess i have just returned from my 9th trip to MK. On my 4th trip to MK Space Mountain was new and iI had to try it. It is dark I learned and you cannot see your next turn -got very sick and vowed to never try again. BTM and R&RRC do not bother me at all because I can see where i am going and not as jerky but faster. This year I decided to give SM a another try, and spent a E ride night sitting in a chair waiting for someone to shoot me. All rides are safe in Disney for me except SM and Mission Space in epcot and I will never try either again. Hope this helps

I just got back from WDW and my first encounter with TOT. It never made me queasy but I was a bit startled when I was lifted out of my seat during the ride. I wasn't expecting that result since I am not a small person. Let's just say I'm over 200 lbs at 5'7". I thought it was way cool and I sometimes have problems with vertigo.
It's been a while since I rode Space Mountain but I can remember that it didn't bother me. I just don't like not being able to see where you are going.

Mission Space was the first ride I have been on where they have barf bags right there for you. Even with all the warnings and my history of vertigo attacks it didn't bother me. I went on several times it was so cool and not crowded at all.

I also love R&RC even though it's dark, there's enough light to see where you are and what's ahead.

I say go for it!
:crazy:

Of course everyone is different, but I have never had any problems on any of the rides. I don't really get motion sick or anything so I guess not much bothers me. Like I said everyone is different!:smooth:

I get motion sick in cars and motion simulators but not on roller coasters. TOT was fine. It si up and down so you are nervous cause you don't know what to expect your first time and I was very nervous about getting sick. I didn't feel sick one bit. I feel queasy after Star Tours. I chickened out on MS. I had heard baou thte barf bags and I started getting queasy in the briefing room before you even get on LOL. I bowed out at the last second. Rather chicken out than get sick. I did fine on BTMRR and Splash Mountain as well. I have never tried Space Mountain.

I get sick in the car, if I even look down for a minute. RNR is OK for me (it's my favorite) unless I ride too many times in a row. BTMRR is also great, no problems. Space Mountain however, did make me feel a little queazy and I was glad it was over. The rough jerkiness and not being able to see where your going is not a good combination. I felt fine a couple of minutes after I got off, but I am not in a hurry to ride again.

Erika

I can ride splash and big thunder mt. but I can NOT ride Space mt. - it made me feel ill.

It really depends on what sets you off. If it's spinning then both of those rides should be ok. I don't care for Space Mt because it is jerky, which can trigger a headache for me, but it doesn't make me quesy. I love Tower of Terror and it doesn't make me feel sick at all, even when doing it several times in a row.

T&B

I have major problems with vertigo from time to time...LOVED Splash Mt., Liked BTMRR a lot, ToT was scary...but I didn't really feel bad--just scared; I was glad I did it, but not sure it is worth a long wait. Space Mt. was okay; like other posters have said, you can't see what's coming, so you can't prepare. I rode it for the first time this summer and was glad I did. It was more tough on my back (you couldn't prepare for the turns) than my stomach. I was glad I did it and would probably ride it a max. of once per trip, if the line was short. I was in the front seat which probably didn't help, they say if you sit near the back you can kind of prepare for the turns, etc. It is a very cool ride...you should try this one at least once!:wave:

I was worried about trying ToT and debated whether I should or not. I had been on a drop ride in the past and hated it, but someone talked me into it saying that it's so different than the kind I had gone on before. I am so glad I tried it because it is my absolute favorite ride now. I rode it 4 times during that trip.::yes::

...loved Space Mountain and TOT. Let me tell you, I HATE rollercoasters, any type of thrill ride. But hubby and I went this past June (after me not being there in over 20yrs) and I had to atleast try Space Mountain. And I'm glad I did. The darkness doesn't bother me because I shut my eyes anyway (i'm such a scaredy cat). It seemed pretty easy compared to what I thought it would be. Seems to go round and round more than big drops. Then when we got to TOT I spent the whole time in line saying "I can't do this" but did. After the first drop I was fine because i knew what to expect. It was a blast. I think everyone's comments are good example of how individual we each are tho - I went on RnR and HATED it. I was ill the rest of the night. Everyone says it's "smooth" - yeah but it sends you upside down three times and goes from 0-60 in 2 seconds. I was so sick. argh.

I have terrible motion sickness in taxis (i'm in NYC) sometimes even on a train. But I was ok with Space Mtn, TOT, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. And when hubby and I return I will go on all these again. Once last note any simulator ride i've discovered is HORRENDOUS for motion sick folks. I got off Star Wars ride and nearly lost my lunch... (sorry for the gruesome details!).

Either way HAVE FUN and do what feels right to you. Don't get guilted into riding things you don't want to. That is what my DH did to me with RnR and I regreted it. Also I did not do Mission Space nor will I ever. My DH can handle anything and even he came off that ride feeling "out of it" for an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter