• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Quarters and Decorations up in the air

Luv2CtheMouse

DIS Veteran
I need some help deciding on my resort. Let me give a little background so that you will know why I am asking and battling on where to stay.

I am planning my 5th trip to WDW and intend to stay at the WL in December of 2009. I was in WDW this past December and visited the WL and simply fell in love with it. My sister was there as well and she wants to go back. About a week after we returned from this last vacation, we decided to go back in Dec of 09. We had decided on the WL.

Without discussing with me first, she invited her mom (was my step-mother from 5yo - 16yo) to come along. I am okay with her mom coming, but I was only intending to share a room with my sister. I have very kindly let her know that I am not keen on sharing a room with her and her mother and suggested they get their own room. My sister is paying for her mother to go and cannot afford a deluxe on her own. She knows I really like POFQ the best out of all moderates and has decided to stay there.

Now my brother is flying from California to Florida and is joining the party. YAY! :yay: He too will be staying at POFQ.

Now, my dilema. I really do like POFQ and would happlily stay there if it were any other time of the year, but nothing beats the WL at Christmas. My brother can certainly afford WL, but he says he is cheap and will stay in a moderate. :rotfl2: Also, we will be there during the time Pop Warner is there and I have no interest in being at one of their overflow resorts. My brother is funny. :dance3: If they get on his nerves, he will just stand up and cheer with them. :cheer2: My sister is liable to get beat up by a bunch of cheerleaders for telling them to chill. :lmao: :scared1:

So my questions are this:

Is it totally absurd for me to stay at a different resort than the rest of the party? I will have my own room either way. ;)

Given the time of the year we are visiting, with it being Christmas and all, would you want to stay at the WL or POFQ? Money is not an issue, I can afford to stay at either one. ;) Would you pick one over there other? (besides finances) If so, please tell me why.

Given the increase in room rates that happens almost annually, what do you believe will be the standard room rate in 2009 for WL? A $5 a night increase maybe?

Thank you in advance for any feedback or input.

I need some help deciding on my resort. Let me give a little background so that you will know why I am asking and battling on where to stay.

I am planning my 5th trip to WDW and intend to stay at the WL in December of 2009. I was in WDW this past December and visited the WL and simply fell in love with it. My sister was there as well and she wants to go back. About a week after we returned from this last vacation, we decided to go back in Dec of 09. We had decided on the WL.

Without discussing with me first, she invited her mom (was my step-mother from 5yo - 16yo) to come along. I am okay with her mom coming, but I was only intending to share a room with my sister. I have very kindly let her know that I am not keen on sharing a room with her and her mother and suggested they get their own room. My sister is paying for her mother to go and cannot afford a deluxe on her own. She knows I really like POFQ the best out of all moderates and has decided to stay there.

Now my brother is flying from California to Florida and is joining the party. YAY! :yay: He too will be staying at POFQ.

Now, my dilema. I really do like POFQ and would happlily stay there if it were any other time of the year, but nothing beats the WL at Christmas. My brother can certainly afford WL, but he says he is cheap and will stay in a moderate. :rotfl2: Also, we will be there during the time Pop Warner is there and I have no interest in being at one of their overflow resorts. My brother is funny. :dance3: If they get on his nerves, he will just stand up and cheer with them. :cheer2: My sister is liable to get beat up by a bunch of cheerleaders for telling them to chill. :lmao: :scared1:

So my questions are this:

Is it totally absurd for me to stay at a different resort than the rest of the party? I will have my own room either way. ;)

Given the time of the year we are visiting, with it being Christmas and all, would you want to stay at the WL or POFQ? Money is not an issue, I can afford to stay at either one. ;) Would you pick one over there other? (besides finances) If so, please tell me why.

Given the increase in room rates that happens almost annually, what do you believe will be the standard room rate in 2009 for WL? A $5 a night increase maybe?

Thank you in advance for any feedback or input.

I would stick with the WL. It is quite beautiful at Chritmsas time. The rest of your group can stay where they want to just MHO of course. But if you want the WL go for it. And yes if it falls when Pop Warner is there the values for sure will be oack and overflow goes into moderates. Just my thought & views.;)

I don't know what POFQ looks like at Christams time but I DO know what the WL looks like and I would choose WL in a heartbeat.:thumbsup2

I have seen both at Christmastime. I would pick WL, hands-down!!! :)

You should stay wherever you really want to stay. It is as much your vacation as it is theirs. Know what I mean? :)

Also, you could go to AllEars and look at the Christmas pictures if you do not know what they look like. That would make my decision right there. :)

I am sure whatever you decide you will have a great time. :)

You have your reasons to stay at Wilderness Lodge and they have their reasons to stay at French Quarter. There's no reason why all of you shouldn't be happy and stay where you want. Who knows - maybe if your brother knows you are staying at Wilderness Lodge, he might want to join you instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter