quart size bags per TSA

Any brand will be permitted - some screeners are picky and will not allow smaller bags (snack size).
Hefty sponsors that particular web page.

While I do realize that there have been reports of other size bags being allowed, I always recommend the quart size bags. Yes, you may have to spend another few dollars but if you get to the airport and they refuse your sandwich bag, you're going to wish you had spent that money!! Be on the safe side and get what they recommend on the website.

It does not matter which brand, but the bag must be re-sealable (foldover sandwich type bags do not qualify). So either the old-fashioned "yellow and blue make green" style ziplock are ok, or the newer sliding style is just fine. Last weekend I flew from Houston to Atlanta, and acutally used a gallon size bag (not stuffed full, folded over to about quart size), and had no problem in Houston. In Atlanta, there were continuous loop videos in the screening area specifying ONLY quart size, and that the bag must be re-sealable, and that no foldover sandwich or snack size were permitted. They did have screeners wandering the area with appropriate bags if you needed one. It seems that some airports are pickier than others. Hope this helps!

:thanks:
Thank you for your replies. I will definitely purchase quart-size bags, that was never my question. Whether they are the old style zipper (yellow & blue make green) or one-zip will not be my concern and I don't foresee having a problem finding them at Dollar Tree or buying the generic at the grocery store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter