Quark Cheese?

megsters

Mouseketeer
Has anyone tried this ? Any ideas on what I should do with quark cheese? We received a tub in our CSA bag this week, and I haven't a clue what to do with it !!

There was an article in the LA Times a few years ago with a tarte recipe that was basically quiche. I made a different quiche because theirs has bacon, but that's an option. They also suggested crepes, but I'm not so much into making delicate little pancakes. Are they bug curds, what about poutine? Does your CSA come with recipes? That seems like one of the more unusual additions, so you'd think they'd suggest something.

Look for a Scandinavia cookbook...all of mine have recipes that use quark in.some.form.or another ;)

I LOVE IT!! It is a little expensive, but the taste is so goooooood! Also love the quark , what would be like the yogurt!

The CSA does come with recipes, but the egg/cheese add-on is separate, so it's not in the newsletter. This week came with some new kohlrabi recipes, and I learned that you could grill radishes. I hadn't a clue on that one!! It also had a cucumber cocktail recipe. YUM.

I've seen it in the grocery store a couple of times, but now I've got a tub of it, so we're using it. (I have no idea what size the curds are, looks like yogurt or cream cheese from the outside.)

The quiche/tarte suggestion sounds great. Narrowed down the google search a bit, most of what I found was in Scandinavia languages--made it a little daunting.

I love CSAs. You learn new things !!

Thanks for your help everyone.

You can restrict Google results to English sites. I can't remember if it's a Google setting or a Chrome setting.

I stopped my CSA when the basket was half cilantro twice in a row. The recipe was like, use 2 tsp. what do you do with 4,000 tsp?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter