Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good afternoon. Not going to be as warm here today, yesterday we hit about 82 by 2 PM according to my car. Right now it's in the 60's. Mother Nature is still on the Bipolar side.

@bobbiwoz - Glad you are enjoying your trip. That meal looks so good but sadly I can never eat shrimp and scallops again. I do miss them.

I am sorry I haven't been commenting but have been dealing with a lot . My dad is not doing well, and my brothers have decided to confront my parents about getting a home health aide so my mom can go out with peace of mind. They are waiting for my brother in Virginia to come up next week to do some work at my parents' house and for my dad's birthday. The reasoning is that my brother is the oldest. When I pointed out that I am actually the oldest sibling I was told we are a PATRIARCHAL family, and he is the eldest BROTHER. I was actually a bit angry and ended the conversation. Let them deal with it, I always said I was an outsider in the family since I was the only girl.

Jim needs an orthopedist but trying to get an appointment is ridiculous. Many of the orthopedists around here have merged into a huge conglomeration and you have to jump through hoops to be seen, and then it is to a doctor or assistant who only wants to plan surgery. I have had the same issue getting my knee checked but PT has said he needs to try conservative methods to strengthen the knee and possibly cortisone shots. He has arthritis combined with the diabetes and heart issues Jim has said no surgery.

On the positive side we have the pictures to renew our passports and I'm taking Mikey to get his on Thursday. The cruise is in 4 months from today so we should have plenty of time. I wanted to wait til we were closer to Mikey's birthday as he will be 18 next week. Where has the time gone? I booked a trip to Disney in September before my AP runs out. With the changes to the DAS, I'm not sure I want to even consider renewing. May be time to look at other trips. Ella has decided she NEEDS to go with me as I am old. At least that was one excuse, she had many reasons why she HAD to go with me. She is very good at conniving, and I added her to my reservation yesterday. I needed my daughter and SIL's OK first, which they gave, and then I had to decide if her missing a week of school was a good idea. In the end I decided that I wanted to take her to bond with her on a one-to-one level. I just remember how much I loved the trips with my grandmother to the shore every summer and I cherish those memories. Ella is 15 now and the fact that she wants to spend time with me is actually a blessing. Now that I added her, I am really looking forward to the trip.

I went to a BINGO for Benny's school over the weekend. I will miss that school as he is transferring in the fall. They are a family and just love my Ben. I won 2 baskets in the raffles. One of course Ella claimed right away. I teased her a bit but always planned to give it to her as it was skin care products. The other was a basket of toys and games. I am splitting that into 2 baskets for the raffle table at the Church Tea. There were that many things in the basket that I can easily do the split, one for boys and one for girls. The games were to advanced for LJ and to babyish for Ben and Wyatt so I had the excitement of winning and now can pay it forward. I am keeping the jigsaw puzzle. I haven't done one of them in years.

I'm not doing much today as I am still having some pain in my knee from the fall last week and now my back is spasming. I tried to do some weeding but needed to dig the weeds out with a shovel. The weeds have tiny little needles that hurt when they get under your skin and its near impossible not to get them under your skin. My thumb healed nicely as did my head. Anthony is doing well from the first surgery but at the moment has no ACL, so I need to pick him up from school before Ben. I wouldn't mind if he were at least nice, but he is the moodiest teenager and does not like to talk. Thankfully I have my Ben. He is the complete opposite and always says "Love You" and makes a heart with his hands, I do love that boy.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Good afternoon. Not going to be as warm here today, yesterday we hit about 82 by 2 PM according to my car. Right now it's in the 60's. Mother Nature is still on the Bipolar side.

@bobbiwoz - Glad you are enjoying your trip. That meal looks so good but sadly I can never eat shrimp and scallops again. I do miss them.
(bolding mine) - That's a good way to put "spring" in New England too!

And I agree with you about the seafood looking yummy! I am allergic to scallops as well, but thankfully, can have shrimp. It's very weird.

Glad the trip is going well @bobbiwoz! I've never been to any of the Disney resorts other than Orlando, but would definitely like to!

I am sorry I haven't been commenting but have been dealing with a lot . My dad is not doing well, and my brothers have decided to confront my parents about getting a home health aide so my mom can go out with peace of mind. They are waiting for my brother in Virginia to come up next week to do some work at my parents' house and for my dad's birthday. The reasoning is that my brother is the oldest. When I pointed out that I am actually the oldest sibling I was told we are a PATRIARCHAL family, and he is the eldest BROTHER. I was actually a bit angry and ended the conversation. Let them deal with it, I always said I was an outsider in the family since I was the only girl.
:scared1: and :hug:

I went to a BINGO for Benny's school...I am splitting that into 2 baskets for the raffle table at the Church Tea. There were that many things in the basket that I can easily do the split, one for boys and one for girls. The games were to advanced for LJ and to babyish for Ben and Wyatt so I had the excitement of winning and now can pay it forward. I am keeping the jigsaw puzzle. I haven't done one of them in years.
Congrats on winning, and what a great idea to pay it forward! I'm in charge of some of the raffle baskets for a comedy night DH's Lodge does, and I'm always looking for ideas. - Were any of the ones there big hits / something you'd recommend duplicating?

So far, I always do a summer one in some kind of soft-sided cooler (with beach towels, wine glasses, that sort of thing...) and last year one full of various little picture frames was an unexpected hit, so I may do that again. But I'd like to come up with something new and different as well.

Congrats on winning, and what a great idea to pay it forward! I'm in charge of some of the raffle baskets for a comedy night DH's Lodge does, and I'm always looking for ideas. - Were any of the ones there big hits / something you'd recommend duplicating?

So far, I always do a summer one in some kind of soft-sided cooler (with beach towels, wine glasses, that sort of thing...) and last year one full of various little picture frames was an unexpected hit, so I may do that again. But I'd like to come up with something new and different as well.
I do the raffles for the teas at church too. The big hits are always my mom's handmade things. This year it's a crocheted blanket with Winnie the Pooh cross stitched in yarn. Other than that sports are big ones as I have a contact with the Phillies but most teams will contribute usually.

More generalized gifts that always go over big are Bath and Body works baskets which I contribute. I just get the items marked down 75% off and put together a basket that costs me little but looks like a lot. The Italian basket goes over big too with pasta, jarred sauces, wine glasses and a bottle or 2 of wine. Face care and body care always seem to be popular too. The Beach baskets were quite popular and last year there was a basket with a Mickey waffle iron I think, but a lot of Disney kitchen supplies that was extremely popular. I find that Disney always draws a crowd as does kitchen baskets.. Oh and Date night with a gift card some wine and maybe a movie and popcorn. Lottery ticket baskets are always fun too and a lot of people love the thrill of scratch offs, but I can't have them at church. Hope this gives you some ideas.

@bobbiwoz - Yes being the only girl not just with all brothers but almost all male cousins was not fun. I really am hoping Ella and I have a good trip. She does understand that I cannot do many crazy rides but that she can go on them herself. After I gave in on Space Mountain last year and she saw how much pain I was in afterwards, she realized that my back cannot take it.

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon.

Sweet Dreams prayers to all with love and an update by the Grace of God, too!

Dad did, by God's Mercy, have a very positive visit with Dr. S. Thank you all so much for all your extra prayers for us both! Dad, Dr. S said, had some of the worst calluses she had ever seen. She also said she wasn't sure how he even managed to get around :( I felt awful for Dad when she removed some of the calluses as if course it was painful. She did use my topical Pain Ease spray which dad said felt relaxing at least. Dr. S needed to have given it more time to work for it to possibly have helped more as an anesthetic. Dad He will be going to Rite Aid tomorrow to pick up a moisturizing foot cream that Dr. S recommended along with an EMLA topical anesthetic cream so he will have that for next time and if need be, we both will have it in general. As all of you know the main use of EMLA creams are to prevent routine needlework from being painful which would be great for me to have on hand. Dr. S will be coming to see me as a follow up within a few weeks. Dad will find out when he should schedule his next visit with her. We want it to be sooner this next time than later! Please keep him in extra prayer. Dr. S said he will probably always have calluses, the cream however will soften them. She recommended daily as much as possible elevation to ease his swelling. This evening other than being tired for the ordeal, his feet feel much better overall, praise extra to God. We are both so thankful!

:grouphug:to all!

@flyingdumbo127 So glad your Dad got some relief from his foot issues. He now has a way to help with the pain. I hope you continue to take steps forward in your recovery. Dr. S sounds like a good doctor.

Tazdev So sorry for the family issues. If someone told me the family was a patriarchy I would have given them an earful. It must be hard to be in a family of mainly men and feel out of place. I hope you feel better every day. Your Disney trip with Ella will be a nice bonding experience for you both.

Footballmouse I hope your work issues are getting resolved in a positive way.

Good morning. It is 41 now with temps going into the 60s but not quite as warm as the last 2 days. My therapy appt was good yesterday. We are working on a couple of new things that hopefully will help me get unstuck. Kenny invited me to dinner on Thursday so I am looking forward to that. My vacuum came yesterday. The one Jeff got me in Nov stop recharging so I sent it back at the company's request. They ordered another one and then canceled it. I had to call again and they sent me a different model as the one I had was on long backorder. I think they were having issues with it. I got the next model up so it is at least comparable. I will set it up this weekend.

Have a good day.

Good morning. I got woken up by a thunderstorm at 5 am. Lots of thunder, but only a little rain. Going to be 77 again. It got warmer than that yesterday, I almost closed up and put the ac on but decided to tough it out, lol.

I got a lot done outside yesterday, so not planning on doing much today except groceries and a couple of errands.
Just waiting for Summer to get here, she asked if she could go with me.

Keeping fingers crossed for the weekend. Weather looks good for both days, so hoping the tree can get finished.
My dvr is almost empty. I just have 3 Trackers left to watch.

Off to the market, have a great day everyone.

1713358913606.png

@flyingdumbo127, let’s pray that Dr. S helps your dad!

Sleep eluded me last night, and so, I got up to read and took 2 sleep aides, so we are not up and out yet. Yesterday, we did ride the bikes and swam. Saw flying pelicans at the beach! I have so many pictures of them flying in formation….it’s something we don’t have in Cape May, we see one or two infrequently.

We ate at Sea Shack, which is my favorite sea food restaurant. I had grilled Oysters, shrimp and scallops with their delicious sweet potato corn bread. I had the rice, the next time I think I will go with the small salad. If I were alone here, I would eat at Sea Shack every day!

View attachment 852221
Some of the best Disney Cast Members are here in HHI, we chatted with one while biking around the resort. She sent us this magnet and wrote a lovely note asking if she could do anything for us, to just ask!

View attachment 852225

We only have one car, and we had already received one on a previous visit. So, this one is being mailed to Dorothy, my friend who had encouraged me to try the tricycles at Disney’s HHI, to see if it was something I could do. My adult tricycle has given me much enjoyment, and exercises!
Enjoy your day. I have one of those magnets that was given to me on a visit! Always nice to receive.

My favorite small gift was a get well card signed by Shadow when I wasn't feeling great on one visit.

Last edited:
@Judique , Shadow was a very special mascot!

@flyingdumbo127, so happy to read how your dad has gotten some relief, and is able to see the doctor again!

Today, we went to Beaufort SC, for the golf cart tour. Beaufort is lovely, and I think we’ll visit again, as there is a NHS there, one that covers the Reconstruction Era. I hadn’t known about it, or we would have gone earlier in the day. As it was, we rode the bikes around the resort here for a bit, and actually, I am always happy to get some physical exercise.

We stopped for lunch at Fish Camp in Port Royal. It right on the banks of the Intercoastal Waterway, the one we see when we go to Vero! We saw dozens of dolphins when we were enjoy the delicious lunch. Especially good were the low country oysters! The hush puppies were excellent! I do love hush puppies!

IMG_3241.jpeg

The intercoastal waterway

IMG_3247.jpeg

Tomorrow is our last day, and we hope it will be warm enough to swim.

Our next vacation starts in Puerto Rico, and then we take the Magic back to Ft Lauderdale. That’s actually coming up shortly.

Happy Thursday!

Worked from home yesterday so I was able to get out and walk in the morning. Weather was nice once again today, temps will drop this weekend though.

I asked Jacob if he knew if the lawn guy had quit, my grass hasn't been cut in 2 weeks. He's a friend of my kids so I just go through them. He said he'll call and let me know. The guy said that b/c of all the rain last week he's really behind and he's hoping to get to mine either today or tomorrow. Just so happened that Evan passed my street on the way to cut a client of theirs. Normally his company doesn't cut grass but this client needed help so he grabbed the trailer and the big standing mower and headed his way. He saw my front yard so he stopped and did my grass. He wasn't able to get the mower to the back yard, he didn't have a trimmer or his blower with him. He called the grass guy and told him he did my front but he'll still need to do the back and trim. I went out to pull weeds and clean up the sidewalk from all the grass and while all this was going on my cat Twix pushed open the front door and decided to lay on the porch. I saw her laying there and told her not to go off the porch, she doesn't go outside. Fast forward to me getting ready for work (picked up a few hours last night and tonight) and I realize that I forgot to bring her in! I couldn't find her anywhere in the yard, I walked up and down the street, asked my neightbor if she saw her, and then put food out hoping she'll come out of hiding to eat. I had to leave for work but I texted the boys and told them that she's outside. Evan ended up coming back to my house to look for her. Luckily he found her under a bush alongside the garage. When I got home last night, I had a talking with her about that!

Met with my manager last night and I think we worked things out. I'm keeping my nightshift weekend but not my dayshift weekend. She's going to talk to the new lady coming on about letting me work her weekend. She's coming from one of out "sister" hospitals and some people are saying that she will gladly let me have her weekend. Hopefully it works out. We still didn't resolve another issue but I don't think she'll ever understand my point on that. I did bring another nurse in with me, kind of as a witness, and I talked with her about that issue later. She said she definitely understands my point and agrees. She also mentioned that she feels like our manager says things to fit a particular situation. So I guess we'll see.

On a happy note, I was able to watch Survivor last night since we weren't busy at work. I was a little busy talking so I'll rewatch it this weekend to see if I missed anything, same with The Amazing Race.

Off to a meeting, have a great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter