Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. It got down to 21 again last night, will be sunny and 45 today. In the 60's tomorrow and Tuesday and near 70 on Wednesday but chance of rain all week long. Mother Nature must think it's Spring already.

I tried watching Elemental on Disney+ last night, but after 10 minutes I gave up. First time I haven't been able to make it through a whole Disney or Pixar movie.

I walked 2 miles twice on the treadmill yesterday. Trying to work up a little at a time, to take it easy on my legs.

Off to do a quick clean on both bathrooms and put a load of towels in the washer.

Have a great Sunday

1708870971399.png

@bobbiwoz Glad Tom is home and getting needed rest.

@PollyannaMom Like your artwork. So pretty.

The weather has been crazy. Here is was 13 when I went out to Market Basket and to get gas in the car. Today's temps are going to around 40 but by Tues it is supposed to be into the 50s. Rain is coming so of course I get nervous. I am heading to Jeff's later today. They are so busy I am glad I can at least stop in for a couple of hours. A found a Find Mickey book on Amazon that I am bringing. They love those kind of search for books.

Have a good Sunday. Going out for a chilly walk. I will need my hat today.

USER=115757]@PollyannaMom[/USER] Like your artwork. So pretty.
Thanks!
I am heading to Jeff's later today. They are so busy I am glad I can at least stop in for a couple of hours. A found a Find Mickey book on Amazon that I am bringing. They love those kind of search for books.
Ooh, glad you can see them today!

Going out for a chilly walk. I will need my hat today.
I think I'll walk on the treadmill. :laughing:

@bobbiwoz Continued prayers for Tom. I hope he is doing better.

Good morning. It is 30 here now with temps going into the lower 50s today. We are expecting rain later tomorrow and all day Wednesday. Today I have my last trainer session at the gym. I am glad it is done. I have learned some things to do at the condo that help with strength and balance so it was worth it. I am not sure if I will continue with this specific gym. It really is not a place I am comfortable with. Most of the people are the young pretty people in spandex. I want a comfortable place where there are people my age and there to just exercise to feel better. I may look at Planet Fitness in Kenny's town and even though it is hard to park there when the entertainment complex is open I can try to go when it is a slow time there. Thankfully I can end my current gym membership without penalty. At least this is a decision I can get out of.

I saw Jeff and family yesterday. Everyone was tired. They had a busy vacation week. We ended up playing Yahtzee. I remember playing this with Chris when we were first married and I did not like it alot. I would get frustrated. It was fun to play with the kids. Jeff and I helped them figure out what to keep and what to roll again. We would ask Ellie to add up some numbers and she told us she didn't want to do math on vacation. I told her math is part of every day life. She just looked at me like I was crazy. :crazy:

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good Monday Morning.:sunny:

Weather is crazy around here these days. Saturday morning we were supposed to get snow ☃️, which we didn't, but it went from 60 the day before down to 20 on Saturday. Worked it's way up yesterday and today it's supposed to be 70. Next 2 days we're supposed to get rain storms.⛈️

Worked nightshift this weekend, pretty boring. Talked with my friend Saturday night, I think I'm going to back out of our Florida trip this summer 😟. I just don't have the extra money and my car needs new shocks and brakes so my tax refund will go towards that. My boss is being stupid at work so I'm not allowed to leave 15 or 30 minutes early every now and then when I get on the P&G studies so I can't get any extra money from the studies. I just don't think it will work out this summer. Maybe something will change.🤞

Met up with Jacob and Livia at the new pizza place in our area. I got the calzone and they got a pizza 🍕. The calzone was good, nothing special. They said the pizza was really good and that's what we heard about the place, really good pizza. We went at a really good time, thankfully no 90 minute wait for us.😳

Stopped at Target and grabbed a few things and then went next door to TJ Maxx and got some 4x6 picture frames. I have no pictures out of Mia, Evan & Bailey's wedding, or a family picture so I printed some out at Walgreens and now that I finally have some frames I was able to get a few out. Still on the lookout for a couple more frames.📷

Has anyone started watching the new show on Sunday nights called Tracker? I recorded it last night and will try to watch it tonight. I missed the first episode.

Have a great day! :wave:

Good Monday Morning.:sunny:

Weather is crazy around here these days. Saturday morning we were supposed to get snow ☃️, which we didn't, but it went from 60 the day before down to 20 on Saturday. Worked it's way up yesterday and today it's supposed to be 70. Next 2 days we're supposed to get rain storms.⛈️

Worked nightshift this weekend, pretty boring. Talked with my friend Saturday night, I think I'm going to back out of our Florida trip this summer 😟. I just don't have the extra money and my car needs new shocks and brakes so my tax refund will go towards that. My boss is being stupid at work so I'm not allowed to leave 15 or 30 minutes early every now and then when I get on the P&G studies so I can't get any extra money from the studies. I just don't think it will work out this summer. Maybe something will change.🤞

Met up with Jacob and Livia at the new pizza place in our area. I got the calzone and they got a pizza 🍕. The calzone was good, nothing special. They said the pizza was really good and that's what we heard about the place, really good pizza. We went at a really good time, thankfully no 90 minute wait for us.😳

Stopped at Target and grabbed a few things and then went next door to TJ Maxx and got some 4x6 picture frames. I have no pictures out of Mia, Evan & Bailey's wedding, or a family picture so I printed some out at Walgreens and now that I finally have some frames I was able to get a few out. Still on the lookout for a couple more frames.📷

Has anyone started watching the new show on Sunday nights called Tracker? I recorded it last night and will try to watch it tonight. I missed the first episode.

Have a great day! :wave:
I watched the first 2 and recorded last night's to watch tonight. I am enjoying it, as I'm a Justin Hartley fan. There's a continuing storyline mixed in with each week's new case of whoever he's trying to find.

Good Morning :grouphug: :wave:

Snowysmom and PollyannaMom, kiddos are funny and precious as you both know indeed. Yahtzee sounds fun. I don't remember how to.play since it's been years but am up for a game :)

Footballmouse, hug and work prayers.

Lynn, I'm so glad you enjoyed some 📺

God willing, later today, I will share an update that I've made insurance progress. Extra prayers appreciated.

Target note to (always) try and save each of dear you money, this week there when you spend $50 on Household and Cleaning items (includes paper goods and hand wipes) you get a $15 Target Gift Card. Dad and I were able to place an online order of needed items yesterday. Blessing extra to us to get back the gift card.

Have a great day, friends. I will check back in later :)

Good morning!

Tom is really doing well! We have cancelled our trip to Houston to visit our younger son and his family. It was to start on Thursday. However, we did firm up their visit to Cape May this summer. They added an extra day so we can get to a Saturday Phillies game!

Yesterday with my DSis we booked our stay at Olympic NP after our RCCL cruise to Alaska this summer. So, Mt Rainier NP before the cruise and Olympic NP after. Does anyone have ideas of somethings we really should see in those areas?? We have two nights in each park…and one night before and after at the airport.

@flyingdumbo127, hoping you have good insurance news to report!

Happy Monday to everyone!

Good morning. It's morning, but I'm not having a good one.
First my SIL texts me at 3:15 am, to say good morning?
Then I go to get on Pinterest, and find out that my account was suspended, and I have no idea why. I don't do anything but save pictures on there. They are 'reviewing it', and will let me know. I had thousands of pics saved on there, and I'm not happy. I created a new account under my main email and started resaving them, but it's a pain in the butt.

Then I look on FB and see a post Lily made, with pictures of her birthday party, which was held at Mary's house (Don's ex, Summer's mother, who lives literally 1 minute from me.). And a comment from Lily saying Mary is the best grandmother ever. So I guess I'm nothing? That hurt.

Then to add insult to injury Summer texts me and says Mary asked her why I wasn't invited. Whether I would have gone or not, it would have been nice to be asked. Summer was making all of these excuses, and I stopped answering her texts, I was caught between being hurt and being angry at that point.
She tells me that she doesn't get along with Mary much, and neither do the girls. Then why was the party held at Mary's in the first place? I'm just so over all of it.

It's sunny and the warm up has begun. I can't wait to get outside in the sunshine later on. I'm cleaning right now, trying to get all my chores done.

Have a nice day, I hope mine gets better.

1708960354112.png

Yes, DH and I both love it!

It looks like you can catch up the first episode on line:
https://www.cbs.com/shows/video/uMLoF99GuMgFzr3bA9CS7SiRrf8xTQVI/

Sorry you had to cancel a trip.

Good for you about the pictures - people often don't display photos now, with them all being in our phones, and it's nice you took the time to print and frame some.

Good afternoon everyone. In the 50's right now so a very pleasant day compared to the weekend with temps in the 40's.

My dad came home on Friday and mom will not leave him alone. I can understand her apprehension but she will go insane if she stays in the house like that. Dad wants a birthday party, and I don't blame him. He has been through a lot this year and needs to celebrate. Mom wasn't happy but I took dad's side and of course offered to help. We will also celebrate my nephew who becomes a teenager and Mikey who becomes a "man" lol. Mikey turns 18 this year. Mikey and my nephew share a birthday 2 days before my dad's birthday. So one big celebration.

Jim had a PT evaluation today. The therapist thinks he just needs a couple of weeks to get some strength in his lower body but does agree that he needs a walker on a more permanent basis due to his gait and balance. I will be ordering a rollator and PT agreed it isn't a bad idea.

I went to a Bingo for Anthony's Baseball team the other night but sadly Anthony may give up baseball. He's looking at 2 surgeries on the knee to repair it this time. He may be able to play by next March based on the rehab time. I personally think he's worried about not getting a spot on the team after all this is said and done, at least not as a starter which he has always been. I feel so bad for him and it was difficult seeing the teammates helping out. More difficult was the couple of parents who seemed to be gloating in his injury. I don't understand the mentality parents who revel in the downfall of a child due to an injury to make them think their sons are all of a sudden going to be the best players on the team. Two of the parents talked badly about Anthony all last year when he came back from the first injury. Anyway the Bingo was fun, I didn't win anything and my granddaughter found a new use for Bingo markers
20240224_211333.jpg

Thankfully it washed off with soap and water. That is my crazy youngest daughter who decided to add some extra color. I just had visions of Ella heading to school like that today.

Jim has a couple of drs. appointments this week, one is a consult for a procedure that will hopefully get him off of the blood thinners. I leave for Disney World in a little over 8 days and I need the time away. Adding to all my stress was an email from the airline I booked for the cruise. They changed the flights and every single flight they had would get us to Seattle about 2 hours after the ship sailed. I managed to change it to the day before thankfully but I am not looking forward to dealing with a shuttle to the hotel, walking somewhere for dinner and a shuttle back to the airport. Three suitcases, 2 carry-ons and Jim's walker, just for us plus Mikey's suitcase and carry-on is a lot to drag back and forth. At least I have 5 or 6 months to work that all out.

Hope you all have a great day.

@tazdev3225, our Alaska cruise on RCCL in August sails out of Seattle, and we decided to spend the day before our Mt Rainier NP stay in a hotel by the airport. It seems flights we were interested in all would get us too late for a good drive to the NP. We prefer to drive during the day to places we don’t know. It does add extra costs and hassles.

@tazdev3225, our Alaska cruise on RCCL in August sails out of Seattle, and we decided to spend the day before our Mt Rainier NP stay in a hotel by the airport. It seems flights we were interested in all would get us too late for a good drive to the NP. We prefer to drive during the day to places we don’t know. It does add extra costs and hassles.
One day I might do that, but my husband is not up to that right now. Rather than argue with him, he will say he can do all the walking, I don't mention any side trips. We get in to Seattle at 7 PM the night before. It gives us a chance to unwind and Mikey and I the chance to walk to get takeout. The flight has a layover in Denver, Mikey wanted that flight in the hopes that a friend of his could drive to the airport and say hi. It's a 3-hour layover so it's possible, but who knows. At least the hotel has some nice breakfast options. We are staying at a Comfort Inn and I saw a commercial for the breakfast today. I just really want Mikey to have a good trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter