Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Summer lucked out. He husband was able to dig down far enough to find the leak. There was a good sized pinhole in the water main line. He cut the pipe and got a new piece and some couplers. But he had to find someone to solder it because he didn't know how how to solder. It must be one of the few things he doesn't know how to do. The guy soldered it, the water company came and checked it and said it was good. They waited to make sure everything was dry and finished just before dark, and just before the rain starts.
She just let the landlord know what happened and is hoping he gives them a break on the months rent. It would have cost him a lot to have a plumber come out today, dig to find it, repair it and fill it back in.

Good Sunday morning thread save:grouphug:

I was just thinking of what a blessing truly from God extra it is that we have been a family in His Name for almost 4 years now! Thank you all, each of you always, you know this, for sticking around, enabling our little group to grow in faith and closer to one another. I appreciate all of you so much
God willing here is indeed to a Quacker 2024 Meet! :)

I look forward today as always to online worship. Dad's birthday is now exactly a week away, God willing, too! What a blessing to even be able to think about the grace that we will get to celebrate together.

Wishing all of dear you a happy day.

Hugs and Sunday Cheer to all.

Lynn Glad Summer got some good news for a change and the water issue has been resolved. I hope the landlord rewards them for their hard work with a cut in the rent for the month.

@flyingdumbo127 How nice that your father's birthday is so close. You have such a nice surprise for him.

It is dreary here again today. Rain and then snow coming in. Yesterday I actually saw the sun and blue sky for a little bit. It was amazing. I did alot of walking as I know the next 2 days I will not be able to do so. I did go to the gym but not for long. For some reason this gym intimidates me. So many pretty, in shape young people in spandex and short shorts. I am so out of place. I may stay here long enough to do the training and see if I ever feel comfortable and if not, I can opt out at any time and go to Planet Fitness in the next town. The problem is that Planet Fitness is near a big entertainment complex that gets busy and parking gets difficult sometimes. The gym I am at now is only 10 minutes away and parking is very easy. Kenny came by and put the lithium batteries in the smoke and CO detectors plus set up the outside camera for the deck area. Not sure what I will do today other than clean the tub in the second bathroom and maybe wash the wood floors.

Have a nice Sunday.

Good morning. Rainy and cooler today but at least it's not snow.

Good updates for once. My dad is doing a little better and is now in a rehab facility. The hope is to get him home in 2 weeks. Mom said the food is better here at least and he liked the hospital food.

We are waiting on X-Ray results on my husband but the doctor feels confident that he has muscular injuries and agrees with me that he cannot take out the trash. He also wants him on a walker when he is outside of the house. The "discussion" on that is ongoing but I will win that one. I have my kids and grandkids on my side. They have all expressed concerns about his balance issues in the past. He is being over ruled LOL. I understand his feelings. The stroke in his mind anyway, has taken his ability to be a "man". I told him a "real man" would accept the limitations, be happy he is alive and move on. That hit home, of course I added that if he continues to refuse only Mikey and I will be going to Alaska. He is seeing it my way.

Today is LJ's 3rd birthday. His party was yesterday and I had so much fun watching him interact with everyone. The party was at Chuck E Cheese and he had a blast, even danced with the character. When he blew out the candles in his cake he grabbed the truck off of the top of it right away, mom put it back. I could understand that as there were a ton of kids there and it would have been lost. The party next to us brought a pinata which I thought was a little insane, How do you have just your party break it when there are kids, and very young kids, all over the place. I left before that fiasco took place, Here is a picture of my Little Man from yesterday
PXL_20240127_213431650~2.jpg

Hope you all have a great day.

Sweet Dreams thread save!

Dad's postcard surprise will be distributed over 10 binders! Each binder will have between 14 to 16 pages! God has beyond graced this gift! Each page inside a binder is a 8 1/2 by 11 paper protector sleeve that holds two postcards. This will give you an idea of just how many postcards there are! With all my heart, :thanks:all dear friends for encouraging this along and contributing of course, too!

I do have one last related favor to even out the pages in the final 10th album which is WA State to Wyoming. This album also has 5 postcards from out of the US. Do any of you have any memories from WA State to Wyoming? Or out of country travel? If so, would you please PM them to me tomorrow? I will create a postcard out of an index card or a piece of white cardstock paper with an image of the state or town on the front and a greeting from you on the back. Nothing you need to mail to me. I am trying to get 5 total postcards from these collective states. I would really appreciate it! Extra thank you and hugs. Love, of course, always! I will also post this in the Gratitude Thread. XO always to each of you, you know that.

Attachments

• Good Night.jpg
    Good Night.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Tazdev LJ is so cute. Looks like he had a good time. I hope your DH listens to reason and takes care of himself. I am happy to hear that your Dad is doing better.

It is snowy here now. We have 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. It looks like it supposed to end around 9 this morning. Yesterday they said my area would get 5-8 inches of snow so I am happy it did not happen. It will be cold tomorrow, in the 20s, but then warming into the 40s for Wed and Thurs. I made pasta fagioli soup for supper last night and for a few nights this week. I see the trainer today and the therapist tomorrow.

Have a good day. Off to work.

Good Monday Morning.

Finally stopped raining, been raining all weekend 🌧️. I ran the pump yesterday to get the lake in my basement out. That took about the same time as running a load of laundary through the washer.

Watched the football games all day yesterday 🏈. Not too happy with who will be playing in the Super Bowl.😠

I ended up having to work Saturday. Somehow I was put on the schedule and the scheduler didn't bother telling me, I have a set weekend schedule and this should have been my weekend off 😡. I was able to leave early so I went home, took care of feeding all the animals, and got ready for the Xmas party. The party was a lot of fun 🥳, the planning committee did a really good job. I thought I might win the "Loud" award for night shift but surprisingly I didn't.

Headed to the grocery store after work today to grab a few things. I hate when I forget to order something through the pick-up option 😣. I figure I can do without it but I always end up going back.

Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. The rain finally stopped. Temps will only be in the low 40's, and they had the nerve to say we might get 1-2" of snow overnight. Yesterday there was no snow in the 10 day forecast.

I watched no football yesterday, for the first time in forever, I didn't watch one NFL game all season. Superbowl teams don't impress me. But if I had to choose, I'd pick 49ers. I've seen and heard enough about Mahomes, Kelcie, and Taylor to last a lifetime.

@flyingdumbo127 Sounds like you have a ton of post cards Mona. Your Dad is going to be so surprised!

@footballmouse That wasn't very fair to put you on the schedule on your weekend off. :(

Off to put some laundry in

Have a good day

1706537502561.png

Just "spitting" snow here, not really sticking. I have a couple of errands later, but nothing too far away, so I shouldn't have trouble getting them done.

I'm not particularly into football, but if I had to pick, I'd say the Chiefs - they won the year I was born, so maybe that's good luck?

Adorable birthday pic, @tazdev3225!

Last edited:
Practically on page 2 is simply not allowed! So many warm evening prayers that this finds each of you cozy, having had a nice Monday in some way.

Dad postcard surprise update: I have now finished placing all of his many postcards (hundreds) into their spots. I do have an update as to which states I would love, one extra greeting or memory from. Huge thank you to Snowysmom again for sending me a wonderful Wyoming memory already and SpaceMan for memories of both Wyoming and Old San Juan.

Two last postcards needed! Do any of you live in or have a travel memory of being in: Arkansas, South Carolina OR South Dakota

If so, I would sincerely appreciate you PMing me by tomorrow evening. It can honestly just be a simple "Happy Birthday," from dear you. Or if you do have a travel memory of one of the above places that would be fantastic, too. Whatever you feel comfortable with!

Again, I will create a postcard with a picture of the state or town and your share or greeting on the back by using a piece of cardstock paper or an index card. Nothing you would need to mail me.

Thank you so much. Love and Sweet Dreams to all forever. God Bless You.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter