Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Swordfish?!? That is not something that is mentioned in PNW at all.

I am intrigued, how do you prepare it? Baked, bbq, seasoning? I am assuming it is a type of whitefish.
What is PNW?

Swordfish is a mild-tasting, white-fleshed fish with a meaty texture. It is sold exclusively in steaks. I actually like the darker parts of it the best.

I usually put olive oil and a little butter in a saute pan, add some lemon juice and cook over medium heat until the top and bottom are very slightly browned. But I've also grilled it. You just can't have the grill too hot. I don't like it overcooked. I guess you could bake it. I just add a little cracked black pepper when I serve it.

Welcome to a rainy Monday, followed by 2 more days of it. We have a flood watch through Wednesday. I just found water on the floor in the new shed and called Dave. He's going to get some kind of strip to put across the bottom of the door to stop anything from getting in. He left a small space for air, but the ramp must be just at the right angle that the water is hitting it and then being thrown under the door. I have a big puddle under the tractor, and I don't want a new floor to keep getting wet and rotting out. He said we could paint the floor, but I don't want water on a painted floor either.

It's always something. Summer still hasn't come after the cake, she said when she drops her husband off at the work pick up spot this afternoon she'll stop. That she's been craving it since I told her to come and get it, which was on Friday. It's taking up space in the fridge and I don't want anymore of it.

I watched Wonka again yesterday, I really enjoyed the music. Then I watched all of Idol

I guess I'll get the dusting and vacuuming out of the way, no point in washing the floors, lol

@Snowysmom - I hope you feel better

@footballmouse -I hope Mia feels better

@tazdev3225 - Hope your Dad continues to feel better, and that Anthony's surgery goes well

Have a great day.

1711979181412.png

Today is day one of 4 with the chance of rain. I hate spring already.
Our exact weather forecast for this week.

Swordfish is a mild-tasting, white-fleshed fish with a meaty texture. It is sold exclusively in steaks. I actually like the darker parts of it the best.
I don't think I've ever had swordfish. I like seafood so I'm sure I would enjoy it.

I watched Wonka again yesterday, I really enjoyed the music.
Is this on a streaming service? I'd love to watch it this weekend (working nightshift).

Extra morning hug to all. Sleep at night can still be a challenge for me. Thanks to God that has improved and I get extra zzzs during the day such as this morning. Absolutely all rest is a blessing! Dad will be home shortly from Ralphs. I will call (and, of course share an update) Dr. S's office, this afternoon. Thank you all for your continuing prayers.

We had rain for most of the day, but it became only cloudy around 4. So the Phillies are getting their game in tonight.

Both of our koi were on the shelf today. So, maybe there will be fertilized eggs.

IMG_3207.jpegW
We too are looking at the next two days of rain.

Don't you have swordfish there?
To be honest with you, it certainly doesn't jump out to me when I look at the menus. It's probably on the menu but it is not the go to option around here.

Salmon is #1. Especially the Copper River salmon from AK that runs in and around June. It is more fatty but the taste is amazing. I BBQ it with some Tom Douglas salmon rub, just like manna sent from heaven. It is kinda a big event when the Copper River salmon is in season, they fly down the freshly caught salmon to Seattle and it is usually televised.

I don't eat fish or any meat but years ago dad and I visited Pike Place Market in Seattle
The NFL will still video the fish mongers of Pike Place Fish throwing fresh salmon around to be package up for mostly visitors and locals that live downtown but the entire market is not what it used to be. Years ago we would take our little kids down there to visit for the day but we don't go there anymore even thou they are young adults now.

Good morning. It is 37 with temps going near 50. We are expecting rain, snow, and icy mix in the next 2 days. My friend near Lake Winnepasaukee said they are expecting 12-18 inches of wet heavy snow. I feel bad for them. They do have someone to plow their driveway but they snow blow around the cars and shovel the stairs. I told my boss yesterday that I have a bad cold and with that and the bad weather coming in, I will most likely not be coming into the office this week. I am not up to the drive and I am not driving in snow, ice, and rain. It will be nice to have a week off from the drive but I don't like the weather forecast. She said she may go in and do the deposits which I do appreciate.

Kenny told me that they cannot get the kennel they use for his dog for our cruise in August. I kept telling him he needs to make those plans way ahead of time. I guess kids don't listen even as adults! They are on the wait list and his GF's sister said she may take the dog. I worry about it and stress but it really isn't my issue to stress about. If they need to cancel they will lose money. If they cancel I cancel and I lose money! I just need to let it go! :crazy:

Off to work. Have a good day.

Hug, Snowysmom. Kenny's choice is indeed on him dear friend. Puppy prayers of course. I would dog sit if I lived out there. I am so thankful you are taking care of yourself extra by keeping warmer and safer not driving in inclement weather. How are you feeling?🙏:hug:

Good Morning everyone with love. Last night was longer for me. Grace of God I did fall asleep. I'll rest today. I wish there were an easy way to retrain my mind/body for more natural nightime sleep. Daytime rest of course hinders that but is such a grace as is any sleep. Have a great day, friends. God willing I will have a podiatrist and other updates later :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter