• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quality Suites Maingate East?

antkim

<font color=teal>"Easy to love"<br><font color=dee
I just got a rate of 79.95 a night through entertainment club but again have never stayed here.Anyone?Right now I have reservations at HIFS and was just curious about the Quality Suites because they have full (mini) kitchens verses micro/fridge/coffee in HIFS.
Thanks,
Kim

Just me again.How far away is this from the parks?Has anyone ever stayed here?

Hi. Stayed in 99. It was clean, great location, and just 15 mins from parking lot to parking for MGM, Typhoon Lagoon (of course that means you left by 7:30-7:45am, other wise 20 or so.) The onsite restaurant had home good cooking. The breakfast specials made early mornings easier to face. Folks were friendly and helpful. At the time a attraction ticket desk was in the front lobby, and a decent snack/i-forgot-my-shaving-cream shop.
Since then its has had a $2 million facelift. And so has I4/192 which I understand makes the travel that must easier....across the street are several buffet type restaurants, and a Publix grocery store with reasonable deli meals. Super Walmart is appox 5 miles east on I92. I've scanned several other hotels in my hunt for the perfect accommodation for my needs at the right price...this keeps coming up the winner. Anna

I stayed there in 2000. The room was large. Furnishings were OK and beds were comfortable. The Kitchenette was not impressive and had very old appliances. There were virtually no dishes and utensils, however I really only used the refridgerator and microwave. The bathroom was old but updated a bit. Tile grout was green in places and the faucet was loose. The breakfast was OK if you like cold cereal and coffee. The fresh fruit consisted of old apples. The waffles and pancakes were frozen that you popped into a toaster. The muffins were OK. The pool was small but clean (my kids enjoyed it) and there seemed to be enough chairs and towels.

I have also stayed at HIFS and prefer it a great deal over Quality Suites, even if it is a bit more expensive. They often run specials that you can learn about on this board. HIFS is a newer hotel (built in 1999 I believe). The room is more modern, the pools (2) are much larger, there are lots of activities if you have young children, and the breakfast is MUCH better (a hot buffet with lots of selections)

Just wanted to add to my previous response. There was supposed to have been a recent major renovation at Quality Suites prior to my visit, and I am not aware of any further renovations. It still looked like an older hotel. There was no restaurant on site other than the morning breakfast buffet.

I also think HIFS is a bit more convenient to Disney World but Quality Suites is not a bad location. HIFS is in a very quiet area with no traffic. There is nothing you can walk to. Quality Suites is on a very busy section of road. If you don't have a car, it is a better location because there are lots of restaurants to walk to. I also believe that HIFS has direct bus service to Disney while Quality Suites may stop at other hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter