• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quality Inn International

snoopygirl79

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Quality Inn International and whether you could tell me if they do shuttle buses to Disney World? :confused3

I was just looking at their website and it says they do free shuttles to Universal but nothing about Disney, except that it's only a short drive away!! Not useful if we won't have a car!!

Also, is it a nice hotel? Last time we stayed at the Holiday Inn which was nice enough but fancied a change this time.

Thanks in advance :yay:

Vick :bounce:

We have stayed at the QII twice and have generally been happy with it, however, we have since "seen the light" so to speak.

The QII is fabulously located and that was one of the reasons we actually returned there, however, it does have its downfalls.

We always have a rental car, so am not sure about the excursion transportation that is available and would recommend a car to everyone.

We were there last Sept and got married at WDW. We switched to a Disney hotel halfway through the trip and it was an immense improvement.

This might be taken the wrong way by many, but it was nice to get away from other Brits. The QII was very heavily populated by noisy, gobby and arrogant Brits throughout our stay who seemed to be treating the place like Magaluf or similar.

I think because of the low/competitive cost of the hotel, it attracts people on a budget who possibly would have been better off going to the Med for their hols.
I know exactly how snobbish this sounds, but it was so much nicer being surrounded by predominantly American residents in the Disney complex. They tend to be a lot more considerate towards others and respectful....where us Brits are pretty appaulling whilst on holiday and I just dont want to be anywhere near the beer swilling culture, IYSWIM.

I would give consideration to a Disney hotel before you book. They can actually be a little more competitive than you think and they have a really fantastic transportation network within the resort.

Having said all of that, QII is not a bad place. It is clean and tidy, although a little TLC rewuired here and there and is ultimately just a place to sleep.
I would stay there again to be honest, but would prefer to return to Disney accomodation.

Hi this is on virgin site FREE parking. FREE scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando® Resort, SeaWorld® Orlando and Wet 'n Wild® Orlando. Shuttle bus to WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort (local charge). i think its 14 dollars round trip you ring the night before to book pick up time and you can ring up at the park 2 hrs before the time you would like them to pick you up hope this is helpful or you can get the ( I DRIVE TROLLEY BUS ) to the front of seaworld cross the road and get the linx bus to disney

Thanks for your replies. The reason we chose it was because it was a cheaper hotel and to be honest we never looked at booking a hotel onsite as we just presumed it would be a lot more expensive. I'll have to look next time and maybe get a reasonable priced resort!!

Thanks for the info off the Virgin site. I'll enquire when we get there about the buses and booking them.

Thanks heaps!!

Vick :wizard:

We stayed there 2 years ago and enjoyed it.Thought location wise it was great as my husband and I don't drive.We also really enjoyed watching pay per view movies as we saw some that were'nt out at home.Yes we had to pay shuttle to go to disney it worked out at $36 when we were there for 2 adults and one child.If we were to stay there again we would probably get a taxi to DTD then get disney transport to the parks.We
would stay there again and liked it better than the holiday inn although we were in the tower block and I dont like heights.
Claire

Hi, went with family to Quality Inn 4 years ago
Place was fine though intereror was a little worn
asked for quiet room when booking and had a room on the end of a block with 2 stores and a large grass area however was also by I drive road which was a little noisy but not too bad.
Going back this year and staying somewhere else but would stay at this hotel again if on a budget.
Kids wanted to return they enjoyed the free breakfasts and games room.
Do not worry this hotel is fine not luxury but clean with swimming pool and when we went quiet famlies holidayed.
Pineapple

Hi, we stayed at the Quality 3 years ago. We were perfectly happy with it, nothing special, but it was OK as we only use hotel rooms to sleep and shower in, all our time is spent away from the hotel.

However, we have since stayed at much nicer places so we wouldn't go back to the Quality again.

We'll be staying there in 3 days time! It's where we stayed the first time we went, and we're quite happy to go back. My mum doesn't like driving and I'm not allowed to because of my eye sight, so we like it for it's location. And seeing as the only thing we do there is sleep, we're really not fussed about the luxury aspect. Besides, we've lived our entire lives on a restricted budget, so it's actually quite luxurious to our norm - no cooking, cleaning, bed made for you (if you're too lazy to do!) :rotfl: But yeah, we're going back so it can't be all bad! :thumbsup2

We were there in December for our 4th time but it was definitly the last,Sure the location is great,But as Rascal said its full of Brits with the bling and chavvy style! Not only that there was around 100 Brazilian Youths there and they were Horrible,walking round in gangs Drunk all hours singing and shouting Banging doors and AC units,and shouting things in spanish to you..
Not only that the room was very grotty,Smelly fridge etc,but alas its a great family budget hotel,but no way Luxurious we have just outgrown it...

hi, i am off in 12 days and am returning to the quality inn for the 4th time. we have been every 2 years since 1998 and we love it there. it is in a excellant location. the rooms are just ample and clean. if your like us you wont spend much time there. the hotel its self is lovely, never found it a problem, as for noisy neighbours and british people. i have never had a bad word to say. i have just seen people and families having a lovely holiday. ( i am from the midlands ha ha ha) the pool is like any other, when the afternoon storms come in the pool will close. the resturant offers nice buffet meals when rain comes heavy in evening. as for the transportation the first visit we stayed.. we paid around $12 per person to get to disney and back. this was good in one way as you didnt have to worry about buses taxt etc. but... coach left early so you couldnt watch late fireworks....the second year we got i-ride trolley to seaworld and cross over road and got lynx bus 50 striaght too the disney ticket transportation station which was you gateway to disney parks....this jorney took about 40 in total.. again last bus leaves early it can get packed if travelling with children.. its not nice standing trust me.

please PM me if you wanna know anything else....

kirstyx

Thanks for all your advice. I feel a bit better about staying there after hearing from people who have stayed there already!! As you say though, you don't spend that much time there so as long as it's clean, then we should have an enjoyable stay!!

And transport doesn't seem too much of a problem either.

Thanks again :banana:

Vick :yay:

Seconding the restaurant comment by kizzy - not having a rental car, the mornings we were in no hurry to get out we had breakfast in the restaurant - great selection and they make a cracking hot chocolate. If we were in a hurry, very handily, there's a 7-eleven more-or-less directly opposite on I-drive with 99cent egg n cheese muffins - most useful.

Rascal1003 said:
I think because of the low/competitive cost of the hotel, it attracts people on a budget who possibly would have been better off going to the Med for their hols.

I know you said you that you know how snobbish this sounds but I have to say.. Like it or not Orlando IS popular with those who might have otherwise gone to Ibiza, touristy parts of Spain etc. I don't think it's right to say they would have been 'better off' going elsewhere.. Their custom/money is as good as anyone else's. I don't particularly enjoy being around drunken 'average Brits on holiday' myself but I don't feel I should judge people and say they shouldn't go to Florida just because they don't have the same priorities/ideals as me.

I honestly haven't found Americans to be more polite than British people in Orlando, I think that's down to the individuals themselves and not their nationality.

We stayed at QI for two weeks in 2003, we didn't have a car so the location of the hotel was one of the main reasons we stayed there. We had a great time the rooms weren't luxury by any means but very good value and were cleaned every day. The location is great being so close to US and SW and theres plenty of shops and restaurants in walking distance. We would definately considering staying there again if we were to stay on ID. :thumbsup2

We stayed there in 2003 and are booked again for october - the location is the reason we are staying there again. I think sometimes it's luck of the draw with who else is staying in the hotel and we didn't experience any noisey neighbours. For us (just me and DH) we just wanted somewhere to shower and sleep and we do drive. We didn't use the pool and only used the restaurant cos virgin gave us a couple of free meal tickets, which was pleasant enough. I did look at the disney hotels and there was a big difference in price too. Depends on if you want to spend time in a luxury hotel and use the pool. Or use that extra money for spending - it's all a bit personal choice i guess.

We are staying at this hotel in Jan 07.
Can anyone give me any tips as to where the best place to stay in the hotel is, i.e pool room, etc.

Thanks

Neil & Claire

:wizard: princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter