Quack's Disney Report, Day 4 - Thursday

Quack

What do points make..........?
Todays breakfast had Chip and Dale, Goofy, Geppetto and the white rabbit.

We used today to do all of the things that we had missed out and wanted to do on previous days. Today was still sunny (it has been every day) but it felt much colder and we changed from thick fleeces and thermals to thicker coats. We have needed to wear hats and gloves every day!

First stop was back to the Studios. We went to Cinemagique (another first for us) - DH and I were both impressed with this clever little show. DS's also enjoyed it (although of course they did not recognise any of the film clips apart from Star Wars!). Then straight into our second visit to Animagique (we passed the Chicken Little photo-shoot on the way - busy!). Animagique was throughly enjoyable again and again the auditorium was full to capacity!

We then went to the Studio TV tour. We had been warned that this was a little dull - and it was! But we knew there was a reward at the end so we went through the motions and waited to get to the Cyber Mountain room. My DS 8 has been talking about this for months after I heard someone mention it on this board. We were so disappointed to find that he was not tall enough to ride on the simulators! I cannot really understand it since he can ride on just about any simulator in England and also the Star Tours one - but I guess there is a reason. Poor DS did not look happy.

We took a brisk walk into Studio 1 and grabbed some lunch (and promised ourselves these were the last burgers we were going to eat!). Cine Follies were going at the same time - so we listened in while we ate. Then we visited the Disney shop in the Front Lot - we crammed 65 pieces of Mr Potato Head bits into 2 boxes (we already have heads at home) - we were rather proud of our packing talents LOL

We returned to the hotel to warm up a little and DH fell asleep. DS's and I visited the DLH arcade room and the hotel shop and then took a visit to the park while DH continued to snooze. We hired a stroller and then rode BTM (using comp. Fastpasses) before DH met up with us again. Next we watched the parade again. This time Pluto (my DH is obsessed with him - he hogs all the photo opportunities with him!) came up to my youngest DS and came nose to nose with him so that DS could pat him - Magic!!
After the parade we visited Star Tours and then went back to ride BTM again but this time the line was too long. Instead we took a look through Discovery Arcade - pretty - but not as nice as Liberty - and then took time to buy souvenirs. By this time we were hungry so we went to Walts (another first). This was surprisingly cosy and although it is not what I would call particularly child friendly (no colouring for them at the table etc) the food was of VERY good quality and the best we have had so far this holiday (boys had ravioli and meatballs, DH - chicken with pan-fried veg and potatoes Me - beef with veg and potatoes). The puddings were yummy too and even with two children it was a 'chill and unwind' kind of meal - I think we needed that!!!!

By the time we had finished it was almost park closing time so we looked in two more shops and then made our way out. Mickey stood at the station platform waving to the crowds and shouting goodbye in different languages - very nice touch and much better than the mass evcuation following an evening parade!

Our final evening was spent in the hotel. The boys again relaxed in the bath while Mummy did most of the packing ready for the morning. Tomorrow (Friday 17th) we will check out at 11am and spend the day at the park and (hopefully) iceskating at HNY. Our train leaves for home at 6.30 and by that time I think we will be all disneyed out! But we will have chance to squeeze in a few St Patricks day festivities (there is green staging set up in the Park and Irish themed huts in the village). The hotel has become busy today (MANY Italians) so I am glad we are not here for the weekend. I will post my final days trip report (hopefully with pics) on Saturday if I can escape the piles of dirty washing!

Night night from DLRP.

Another great day.

I know what you mean about the Mr Potato Head. The CM helped us to get as much as possible :thumbsup2

Look forward to the next installment :)

Sounds like a lovely day. :goodvibes Shame about the simulators though.

Hope you got to do your ice skating today, and your journey home is hassle free. :)

Love the reports Quack, sorry we didn't get to meet up, I did keep an eye out for lime green ribbons, but didn't see one. You sound as though you had as thoroughly a good time as we did :Pinkbounc

jillrobinson said:
Love the reports Quack, sorry we didn't get to meet up, I did keep an eye out for lime green ribbons, but didn't see one. You sound as though you had as thoroughly a good time as we did :Pinkbounc

I forgot to buy green ribbon! I did look out for some but didn't see any. I know Emmo was on the same train as me and boarded at the same station - I kept looking and thinking 'that could be her'!! LOL

Another lovely report Quack. :goodvibes Such a shame about your DS not being able to go on the simulator. :sad2:

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

Yep, green ribbon was on bag all the time as well as all the suitcases between all four of us. I too kept on thinking that in the eurostar line, is that quack, and I kept looking for green ribbon! Oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter