QSDP or DDP? Choices!

TheInvernessie

Mouseketeer
Hello all! I've used the Dining plan several times before with my family. Now that I'm in heavy planning stages with my best friend, I'm a little more concerned with cost and value. I'm afraid that if we do the standard dining plan, that the tips will end up making it not worth it for two college students, however the thought of the quick service plan is in my mind (since I just used it in August and January and loved it). Any thoughts? More experienced planners?

Are you going this year or next year? Are you soda/tea drinkers or prefer water? If going this year, do you WANT desserts with every meal whether QS or TS?

Are you going this year or next year? Are you soda/tea drinkers or prefer water? If going this year, do you WANT desserts with every meal whether QS or TS?
I knew I should have added more information! We'll be going *fingers crossed* March 2017. Desserts are nice, but not essential, snacks are better. We're water and coffee drinkers as well.

I knew I should have added more information! We'll be going *fingers crossed* March 2017. Desserts are nice, but not essential, snacks are better. We're water and coffee drinkers as well.

In 2017, the QS meals change. You only get entree and drink, but you do get 2 snacks pp/per night of stay. The QSDP will be $46.34/night. If you assume $5 snacks, that means you need to "spend" $18 on an entree and drink for EVERY meal to just break even. It can be done, but it will take some planning. Personally, I'd go OOP before I would do the QSDP, but we do prefer water to drink.

The regular DDP's price is $67.33. QS meal is the same, but TS meal still includes the dessert, and you also get the 2 snacks. So, using the same math, $10 for the snacks, $18 for the QS meal, that leaves about $39 you need to "spend" on the TS meal. Again, it can be done, but you'll need to plan, and as you said, the tips do add up.

I agree with above. You'd have to hit high dollar value on snacks and place a high value on the resort mug to make QSDP worthwhile for adults only. It only makes sense as part of a discounted package or with children (3-9) included.

New to the DDP and are also DVC members. Any idea what the dvc DDP price will be for 2017 for TS, also can I give the front desk on check in, cash to put on my account, to cover tips? Can the tips be sent to room charge in other words?

New to the DDP and are also DVC members. Any idea what the dvc DDP price will be for 2017 for TS, also can I give the front desk on check in, cash to put on my account, to cover tips? Can the tips be sent to room charge in other words?
There is no discount on the dining plan for DVC. The only time DVC members have an advantage is if the prices for the plan go up during the year, since the DVC pricing is locked in for the year at the starting point.

You can absolutely charge tips to your magic band but I have no idea about leaving cash at the front desk, I would assume a credit card would be the norm.

If you secure your room charges with a credit card, you can use cash or a gift card to pay down the balance. They won't accept cash or gift cards in excess of current charges, though, but they also don't charge the credit card until you check out, so you can pay it off before you leave.

Note: this is true for normal resort guests, but I doubt DVC would work any differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter