QSDP and more!!

Enjoying your reviews . . . last time we were in WDW, we upgraded free DDP to DxDP and never ate a single CS meal.

For our next trip, we are considering paying OOP (we won't have free dining, the prices for DDP have increased and our youngest is now 10 and counts as an adult . . . DDP just doesn't seem like a good deal now).

Anyway . . . we are thinking about a combination of CS and TS, so I am enjoying reading about your experiences!!

thx for sharing!!

When you post your meal at Yorkshire Fish Shop, I would like to know if you were able to use a CS credit for the fish and chips. It has been a long time, 5 or 6 years, but when we wanted to eat there, my wife said that the platter was not on the meal plan. I believe that has changed, but would like to know for sure from someone who was just there and on the meal plan.

Thank you!

joxer1014, yes you can use a CS credit at Yorkshire. You get two nice pieces of fish, some big french fries and a package of shortbread cookies and a beverage.

Slightly Goofy

Thanks for your reviews on the counter service meals. MY DH and I leave in a week for WDW and are on the QS plan, and I've got those places on my list to dine at. I can't wait to to try so many places there! Thanks so much for the posts they really help in my planning.

Thanks for those of you who are following- The best thing about QSDP is all the
snacks-I never had to say no to the kids. They said the best snack credits were
the frozen fruit bars. They tried pineapple and strawberry- they got these alot
(maybe they were kind of healthy:confused3). We got a lot of free ice waters too.

WE checked out of AKL today and moved to CBR. I got talked into doing a DVC
tour and since we were staying at AKL- they gave me a $100 gift card-so that
is going to help pay for food the last 2 days.

We went to HS today-not my favourite park but my kids did talk me into doing
rock and Roll rollercoaster (I am a ride wienie) and I loved it-did it a few times!!

We had our last 2 bounty breakfast deal again and left AKL-so sad :sad1:

The kids shared a frozen pina colado (virgin) from the store by the villains
I tried to go to Min and Bills cause people here said it was good but it was
closed- we were hungry and hot and on the way to Star tours. Someone on
dis talked about a great buffalo sandwich and I thought I found that place
but no such luck. DD decided to get a hamburger again and DS and I split a
hotdog and fries- It was ok but there wasn't a very good topping bar. Howeve
r the drink dispenser had Volt which was a nice change and refreshing.

We left fairly early as we had the tour to go on. They had snacks there and
then we all got a sundae after. -nice afternoon snack

So now we have 3 TC and 3 snacks left for dinner-We did it!!!
Dinner was Wolfgang pucks- DS had the spagetti, and DD and I decided to
order 1 macaroni and 1 bacon wrapped meatloaf and split them. We had creme
brule for dessert.
The best was the Meatloaf- the mac and cheese would have been good however
it wasn't as good Jikkos. Now it was great mac and cheese and if we hadn;t had
JIkko's it would been amazing but it just didn't stack up.

The creme Brule was nice-DD had been in HSM2 on stage during the summer and
had never had Creme brule-so she wanted try it and she really liked the top 1/2
but not the bottom- thats okay more for me.
DSC03860.jpg

DSC03859.jpg

The meatloaf was very taste and the mash potatoes were excellent. This was our
first time at Wolf gang pucks- It was nice to sit down and have our food come to
us. This was defineitly the best quality counter service food we say and will come
back. I left a tip but noticed that a few tables around us didn't.

We were going to go to goofey's to use up the last snack credits but Downtown
Disney was really crowded so we went back to CBR and I told the kids they could
get anything. I picked up a fruit cocktail, DS picked grapes and DD picked pineapple
-guess they had enough of sweets.

Please sir? Can I have some more?
Good job on snagging the gift card (beats fast passes). How did you spend it when not tied to QSDP?

Ok so now we had to eat a bit different- we had Cereal (the little individual boxes that we brought) and some fruit-plus we still has some left over drinks from past breakfasts.

Off to Epcot. The kids like to eat around the worrld. At 11 sharp we were at Canada ready for soup. However Cellier opens at 11:30. I checked to see if I could order soup to go-You still can-however we didn't want to wait until it opened. So since we know that Canadian Cheddar cheese isn't really Canadian since we've never eaten it here-off we went to England- First stop is yorkshire county fish shop for Fish & Chips - 2 strips of fish served with chips $7.99
I used my new gift card to pay. we got 3 ice waters and off to find a seat- All the tables were full but we asked a man and his son if we could sit there. He hesitated a bit and then welcomed us. After I figured his son must have been autisitic or something, however my kids happily accept everyone so they chatted away. Now this place has THE best fries. we topped them with vinegar and ketchup-yum!! the kids each ate one piece of fish and shared the fries with me. They loved the fish!

Next we were off to Boulangerie Patisserie
were we got
Cheese Plate $5.95. 3 nice pieces of cheese and a big baguette (plus 3 ice waters) DS order all in french for us. The bread was fresh-there is no butter out and you need to ask the girl at the till for it. I had to ration the cheese as they both love Brie. We ate the cheese in order from least liked to Brie.

I was going to have a grey goose slushie but I forgot- no problem I'd get one when we came back at night-yes-right
Our snacking continued in USA where we got a funnel cake- what a lovely peice of deep fried fat!! The three of us destroyed it and off we went with white sugar everywhere. By now we were hot but onward we trudged. we made it to Germany and took the Boat back the future world-cause we were going for a pointe shoe fitting. I know strange thing to do but my daughter was starting Pointe ballet when we got back and I didn't have time to drive her 1.5 hours away for a fitting at home. Not that this has anything to do with food so if you want to skip-feel free

So I checked the internet, made appointment and off we went. It was up I4 near millinium mall. We were there for 2 hours. My son got fitted for ballet slippers and tap shoes and then we were introduced to Pointe. So no shoe is the same and each brand fits different based on width and the strength of the dancers arch and the amount of her toe point, The fitting took 1.5 hours but my daughter loved it and my son kept himself busy doing stretches. I ended getting point shoes, a special bag for them, toe spacers, 2 pair of bunheads (to protect the toes in the shoes), a repair kit,2 stetch bands, ballet slipper for DS, and tap shoes all for 228. Now this was a bargain as pointe shoes run around 125 alone up here and DS taps would have been 85 here. Since I spent alot here-we went to the dollar tree next door- We picked up a box of 4 lime flavoured popcicle, some candy and bugles

On the way back we stopped at Sweet tomatoes again- the line up was long-(the entire slad bar) This time I didn't have any coupons so we just got water and the bill was less than with the coupon (around 22 for all three of us). Again the food here was great- their multigrain bread is so great!
So after this the kids were too tired to go back to epcot so we just went back to the resort to swim- guess the grey goose slushie will have to wait for the next trip :sad2:

Thanks for your reviews on the counter service meals. MY DH and I leave in a week for WDW and are on the QS plan, and I've got those places on my list to dine at. I can't wait to to try so many places there! Thanks so much for the posts they really help in my planning.

One place I didn't try but wished i did was the counter service at the Comtempary resort right beside Chef Mickeys. It looks good too!

So this morning was finish up everything breakfast-we finished all those extra drinks from QSDP breakfast, our milk with the cute cereal boxes and the fruit from our last snack credits. Our last day is always kids pick-so off to Animal Kingdom again!! We are only staying until 1 so we are just planning to use our gift card for snacks.
We went to Yak and Yeti counter service and split the pork egg rolls-They hit the spot. They are more like spring rolls instead of the egg rolls we are used to. DS was a bit worried about the "duck sauce" we had to get him to believe us that this is the same plum sauce we get at home.
The kids also got 2 more frozen fruit bars and a cone of honey roasted almonds and 1 of cashews. We all agreed that we enjoyed the cashews better.
We left the park at 1, got a frozen slushy at the gas station on the way to the airport. We settled down for Pizza at the airport. The pizza in the B side food court is fairly good- you get a huge slice and there are alot of different kids to chose from. We got pepperoni (New york style) and thicker crust supreme and meat lovers.

We would definitely do the QSDP again-it worked well that we were DVC for a part of our vacation and regular for the last weekend-we would never have gotten all of our breakfast drinks done :thumbsup2

I liked the amount of snacks availabe on this plan-It was so nice to not say No to the kids. A lot of the counter service offerings were large enough to share, so we would keep with our plan to buy 2 and share-until DS gets a bigger appetite.

We loved Jikko-my kids are still talking about it.

Since we are Canadian I tried to make Canadain Cheddar soup here in Canada last week (I got the recipe from WDW Mom's club)

I agree that I would like to have the option to get a appetizer instead of dessert-however we liked all of our desserts except the carrot cake (which we normally like) the icing was sickly sweet.

You really should plan and look over menus- some of the resorts as they offer a nice change for counter service- and yes-GO TO WOLF GANG PUCKS!

Hope this report will help someone-if you ahve any questions please post and I will try to help

Thanks for reading:worship:

Totally enjoyed your reviews of the places you ate during your vacation has me rethinking a few of the ADR's I have planned for our trip in November, perhaps I can shave a few bucks off our expenses while there, we will be paying OOP.
Thanks for taking the time to take the pics and write up the reviews

sk8jdgca, thank you so very much for all your time and effort in sharing your experiences with all of us.:lovestruc

I tend to read TR's by folks that I have things in common with and you and I have many. I like a bit of lots of different things, prefer to eat a bit here and there rather than gobs at one sitting, and I always save some of my favorite food on the plate for that very last bite. :wizard:

The pictures really made it all come to life. When I go someplace new I like to linger around and see what the other folks are getting before making my choice. Nothing worse than having 'plate envy'.:rotfl:

Sounds as if you had a wonderful trip and I applaud you for asking if you could share a table. What is the worst thing, they say no? On the other hand I have made many good friends that way too.

Slightly Goofy

Thank you for sharing with us. Great tips and insights and your family is adorable. We definitely will check out some new options this time around. We are anxious to try the "Canadian" cheese soup recipe, but it is too hot in Texas for soup this month.:laughing:

Aw Gawrsh!! :banana:
Thanks guys-Slightly goofy, your review was one of the reviews that helped me. My big problem with the regular dining plan is that the tips end up being more than I would normally spend. Our Meal at Jikko was $45. If we were on the dining plan-I can imagine that the tip only would have been around $25 and we wouldn't have got an appetizer. I know there is free dining but it really isn't free-right???

Great reviews! We have the regular DDP for our next trip, but I can't wait to try WPE. That mac and cheese and meatloaf looks fabulous!

Thanks for the great report. We have never done the dining plan but you gave me something to think about the next time we go.

Dh and I found the strawberry and pineapple bars on our last day on our last trip. We each got one and switched halfway through.

I have been lucky enough to be able to find similar products here this summer. They usually had strawberry but pineapple was harder to find. When I did dh loved them. ANd yes they are pretty healthy. They are less than 100 calories each and not much fat.

Glad you had a good trip.

Thanks for your great review of the QSDP. We are leaving in 5 days and I am even more excited about being on the plan! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter