QS lunch (or breakfast) recommendation at resort hotel please!

ALittleWhistle

Mouseketeer
Can someone recommend a QS lunch (or breakfast) that will be reasonably easy to get to from the All-Star Resort area? I've scheduled some downtime from 8-4 one day and thought it would be nice to check out another resort, but I'd prefer a simple bus ride (we've gotten ourselves into some pretty frustrating and time-consuming conundrums when eating at other resorts). We're on the Dining Plan. We're going in December, so if there are options that might have some particularly impressive décor, that's a plus as well.

To get to most resorts would require a bus ride to Disney Springs first in order to change to a bus for another resort. I suggest your check out QS at one of the monorail resorts. Get a bus to MK, then take the resort monorail. QS are nice at all the monorail resorts, but we especially like the QS at the Contemporary and Polynesian resorts.

There are no resort to resort buses. Many require a transfer at a park or Disney Springs but a few of the deluxe resorts are in walking distance or have alternative transportation. From All Star Sports, you could bus to Disney Springs and boat to POFQ or POR or OKW. Or you could walk to SSR. Alternatively, you could bus to MK and walk to Contemporary or ride the monorail to GF or Poly, or boat to FW or WL. Another option would be to bus to DHS and walk to BWI or boat to BWI or BC/YC. The only problem is that QS options are limited at many of the deluxe resorts. Of the ones I've mentioned, I'd say Poly has the best options followed by WL.

Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary Resort is definitely worth trying! They have really great flatbreads and gourmet cupcakes to rival those found in the parks and bakeries.

I like so see and taste something a bit different, so I would take the bus to AK park and bus to AKL - amazing, but different, holiday decor. There are some unique and tasty options at the Mara. The wait for an AKL bus from AK should be comparable to resort monorail for MK resorts, but you'd only see one resort's decor - if you got off at each MK resort, you could see all those decorations. Tough choice. Alternately, you could check out the food and decor at Disney Springs...

Sorry, I know that you can't go resort to resort. I was just thinking about one time when we were trying to get to Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness, and got to the bus stop there and sat for 30 minutes waiting for the right bus to take us to the restaurant. We decided to just get a bus back and eat elsewhere.

I like so see and taste something a bit different, so I would take the bus to AK park and bus to AKL - amazing, but different, holiday decor. There are some unique and tasty options at the Mara. The wait for an AKL bus from AK should be comparable to resort monorail for MK resorts, but you'd only see one resort's decor - if you got off at each MK resort, you could see all those decorations. Tough choice. Alternately, you could check out the food and decor at Disney Springs...

I looked up Mara. I've always wanted to see AKL but we never did it because DH is afraid menu options there are too exotic. But they don't look it, and it would be close. I never thought about monorail resort-hopping, though, that's a good idea! I may try to squeeze that into the trip elsewhere. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter