QS lunch near MK-Help:)

brown2mj

Earning My Ears
Ok, I'm trying to find a good QS restaurant near MK that we can reach by monorail or boat. I like the idea of seeing another resort and am hoping to find better QS than MK has to offer. Also, it will be 2 adults, DD11, DS4. Thanks for the help!

Contempo Cafe would be my first choice. The ordering system is similar to Bog. Good food for all ages and generally pretty quiet. It's the first stop after Mk on the resort monorail or about a 15 minute walk from the front gate. I have Ds7 & Dd11 and both enjoy the food.

Also consider Captain Cook's at the Poly. They have some different CS entrees, and self-serve dole whips!

I was going to suggest both the Contempo Cafe and Captain Cook's but another poster beat me to it. :) Both are accessible via the monorail, plus there is a boat to the Polynesian.

brown2mj, if you have never been to the Wilderness Lodge you might consider Roaring Forks as well. The resort is simply amazing and the boat ride there is a nice way to spend a little down time. If you do head there another dining option is Whispering Canyons Cafe. It is a really fun place (stick pony races for the kids!) and, although it is table service, the sandwiches at lunch aren't much more expensive than a quick service place. Here is the menu... http://allears.net/menu/menu_wcl.htm

Have a great trip!

We did both Capt Cook's and Contempo on our last trip (we had the QSDP) - highly recommend them :hug:

We did CC for breakfast - had to have the Tonga toast! Then we went to MK by boat.
At Contempo we had flatbreads (steak for DH, cheese for DD) and a steakhouse salad for myself....well, DH and I kinda split our meal...ok I dug in DH's flatbread when he went to get drinks :rolleyes: My mom loved her Roast Beef sandwich, we loved our choices.

Plan on hitting both of them on our upcoming trip - CC's menu looks too good to pass up so I am planning on dinner there one night. And I want to try the honey lime chicken sandwich at Comtempo.

edit to add - HAD to check out Whispering canyon's menu...everything about it looks amazing and I might just have to suggest a nice boat ride to DH :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter