Q's about Poly tiki torch lighting ceremony.

KarenNYC

Mouseketeer
after reading various posts here I was SUPER excited to see the ceremonial tiki torch lighting ceremony - when I called they said it was every night at 6pm EXCEPT Sunday and Monday nights (of course the two nights we were going to be there). My question to you guys is - is it worth it to stay an extra night to see this? We were going to stay at a friend's house like we usually do on our non-Disney day to see them but they said they'd come to the hotel to hang out with us if we stayed an extra night. What is this ceremony and how long is it? Does anyone have pictures???

No, it's definitely not worth it.

It's really nothing more than having a guy twirl the sticks that are on fire (like in the Lion King show at AK) and then light some torches.

If you're asking is it worth another $300-$400 to stay another night just for this, then the answer would be no. Especially since they don't even light all of the torches.

I agree. Its nice to see if you are there. Its 5 minutes long and if it just happens to rain, they cancel it.

Go check it out on youtube.com.

type in polynesian resort disney world. you will see several torch lighting videos that are from the POLY.

KG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter