Q. regarding renting house in Orlando

sugarnspicex4

Mouseketeer
Hope I'm posting this in the right forum! We are a family of 6 and are considering renting a house for a week in Orlando in July 2014 for our WDW/Universal vacation. My questions are (1) do most houses rent from Sat-Sat, Sun-Sun or another day? and (2) does anyone have a recommendation for a 3-bedroom house, one you've personally stayed at? Pool is not necessary. We would want to be about 15-20 minutes' drive from the parks if possible.

There seems to be open availability as far as when you can stay. We are renting a five bed house with a pool in Windsor Hills from VRBO from Wednesday to Wednesday. We too are a family of six and are spending $1200 for the week this October.

There are thousands of choices and I learned that by renting from VRBO, we are saving money by not having to pay the commission fee to the rental agency.

This will be out first time renting off site so I can't recommend anything, but I do know that you can pick any days.

Most places rent any day of the week. The places you see on VRBO and Homeaway are not timeshare resorts. Individuals own these homes and rent them out when they're not using them. We're staying in a 3 bedroom townhouse in Crestwynd Bay in Oct. We usually stay in bigger pool homes so can't give you any recommendations until them.

We rented a house in 2009 off VRBO and it was great. It was a 4-bedroom pool home in the Cumbrian Lakes subdivision in Kissimmee. It was close to a Walmart, Target, the 192 strip of restaurants and OldTown and only about 20 mins to WDW. We loved having our own pool, and we shared it with my inlaws. The home had two master suites with ensuite baths, and the other two bedrooms shared a bathroom and each had two twin beds. We paid $700 for a week going Sat-Sun.

Be careful of the time of year. During High Season a 20 minute travel time can turn into an hour commute due to traffic, just to get to the parking lots. July is busy, October not so bad.
Have fun next year.

Thanks for all the replies! Believe me, if we could swing a trip in another month out of the "high season" we would. But with 4 kids in school (including a high schooler in a competitive band program) and DH really wanting to visit the water parks this time, it's the only time that works.

I rent from Florida Sun Vacation Homes and they allow flexible dates. I am renting from Friday - Saturday without a problem.

We just rented a 5 bedroom home with a pool from VBRO for 11 nights under $1300 in August. 15 min fromWDW every day! I would look to the west WDW for less traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter