• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

q re: florida residency

clairesmom

Mouseketeer
we are thinking of helping grandma, in her eighties, book a cruise, and we would accompany her. She is a bona fide florida reisdent (and has been for many years) but long ago gave up driving and consequently doesn't have or at least know where she can locate her old license. Does anyone know if Disney would accept her utility bills as proof of residency for this purpose? thanks in advance.

You should be able to take her to the DL agency in her local FL town..and I believe they will give her a FL id to use.

Have fun!

What area are you in? I know that some of the DL facilities are ridiculous! You even have to make an appointment :earseek:
But if you are in the WDW area, there is one in Kissimmee that is not bad at all, especially on a weekday. You can walk right in and it should take no more than an hour if you're just getting a state ID.
Barb

All adults will need some type of photo ID for the cruise anyway. If she has a passport, she could use that to get on and off of the ship but if she does not she would need the state ID.

And my guess is that DCL is going to require the photo ID as proof of Florida residency anyway. I would guess that it would be very easy for individuals to doctor non-photo ID papers to "prove" they live in Florida. Believe it or not, I've even heard of individuals printing their own Fast Pass tickets for attractions at WDW recently! :rolleyes:

we live a thousand miles away from grandma, so we would have to come in several days before, I guess, to make a special trip to the DL bureau to make sure we got a card in time for the cruise. Grandma has plenty of govt-issued photo id (her passport, her old military dependent id, etc), just none showing her florida residence. maybe I'll call dcl and see what they can do for her.

Her passport and a current utility statement with her current address on it should be fine. If she has a passport that is valid and has been a FL resident for that long it should still have a FL address on it.

If she is cruising she will need the photo ID (non-expired) and a certified birth certificate or a valid passport.

She should be fine--but I would recommend that she get a photo ID for FL anyway for general ID purposes. It's only $8 to get a FL ID card--and she will need her birth certificate for that also. Actual requirements are on the Florida official DMV website. Good luck.

Sue Ellen

As long as you do not go to the DL office on a Monday or Friday, at most this would be a 20 minute proposition to have new photo taken, and issuance of the ID card...

A family member posed this exact question to the DCL 800# and according to them a utility bill or real estate rental agreement is sufficient.

I called.... utility bill or rental/lease/mortgage info is acceptable. Many Fla. residents have out of state DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter