Q. about parking for onsite guests

sugarnspicex4

Mouseketeer
We've never stayed onsite before and are contemplating taking the plunge and trying the AofA during our visit this July. I know that parking at the resort is free, but what if we want to drive our car to one of the theme parks? Do onsite guests get free parking at the theme parks as well? I realize most onsite guests use Disney transportation, but since we'll have our car we might want to drive rather than wait for the buses, especially getting to the park in the morning.

Yes parking at all parks is free. You'll get a 'sign' to put in your windscreen and the attendants at the park car lots will simply wave you through. However you can't park at the other resorts unless you have a dining reservation.

I think parking at the theme parks is free for annual passholders, but not for all on-site guests

Just to clarify the post above about parking at other resorts....i did so. All they do is scan in your magic band and you are on your way in. The guy at my home hotel (ASMu) also told me my parking pass was worthless and all attendants should be going by MB

Just to clarify the post above about parking at other resorts....i did so. All they do is scan in your magic band and you are on your way in. The guy at my home hotel (ASMu) also told me my parking pass was worthless and all attendants should be going by MB

So they actually have scanners now AND use them?

They did not have them early last month.

Basically speaking......if you are given a parking permit, put it on your dashboard. Not going to hurt anything if its there. But also be prepared to use your MB to access resorts and parks.
On-site guests do not pay to park at either parks or resorts.

I stayed onsite and drove to the parks. Show the parking pass to attendants, and do not have to pay $15 at the parks. My Magic Band was scanned when I returned to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter