Q about how quickly Halloween tickets sell out

awesson

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if/how you can buy a single Halloween party ticket without a package???:confused3

I have a package booked with a travel agent, a family member would like to meet us for the party. Is it possible for them to just purchase a party ticket? would they do it thru Disney? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am new to this!!;)

I have a package booked with a travel agent, a family member would like to meet us for the party. Is it possible for them to just purchase a party ticket? would they do it thru Disney? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I am new to this!!;)

ArchOwl posted everything you need in the link above, tickets just aren't on sale yet.

they should be able to buy a party ticket or have you buy them one they can get in at 3 or 4 that day to spend a few hours in the park before the party with out a park ticket

Yep. They can buy a single ticket and meet you for the party. That is what my mother-in-law is going to do.

Thank you all! I did end up calling and talking directly to a CM at Disney and they verified that we could in fact buy a single ticket for the Halloween party on July 16th either via phone or online. Yay!! Halloween party here we come!!!:cool1:

Does anyone know if you can buy discounted party tickets from certain retailers? I'm not talking about the AP discount or a possible Disney Visa discount. Say you can buy Disney park tickets at a discount from places other then direct from Disney. Costco, AAA etc. Can you do the same with the Halloween party tix?? Or is the only place to buy them, directly from Disney??:confused3

"There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers."

None of us should ever feel bad about the legitimate questions we post here. This is a place where we ALL come for help and advice. And everyone is always friendly and willing to assist. After all, how else are we going to learn everything there is to know about the wonderful world of Disney???? :goodvibes

We're going to be at the parks Oct. 21-28 and plan to go to the Halloween party on Tuesday the 23rd. I have our AP vouchers (purchased early before the price went up!) but we won't be activating them until our first day there on the 21st. I'd sure like to buy the HP tickets at the AP advanced price of $46. I know I could buy advanced tickets before we activate our AP's for $54, but we need to buy for five of us, and that's an additional $40. Every bit of savings helps! What can you tell me based on HP ticket sales in the past?

And while we're on it... what would you see as the advantages/disadvantages to going on the Tuesday or Friday party besides the price difference? I'm guessing Friday would be much more crowded? Why the higher ticket price for Friday?

Thanks in advance! :love:

I'd call Disney and see if they will refund the difference after you activate your APs, or be able to buy at the cheaper price but have to show your activated AP at "will call" to pick them up (I think they do this in WDW with military or DVC discounted party tickets).... It never hurts to ask. I'd hate to wait until you are there and find out they are sold out. I don't think they give any forewarning if a date is close to selling out.

I am dealing with the exact scenario Mommylove ~
We have AP's that we will activate during our Ocotber trip (22-25). We plan on going to the HP on 10/23 as well. I chose Tuesday because I am a lower crowds kind of girl, and would imagine Friday would be busier. However, I do realize the 10/23 HP may be crowded because of the reduced ticket price vs. Friday's...closer to Halloween, etc.

My plan is to do exactly what Shannon suggested...I will call after 7/9 to see if I can purchase them. If i have to purchase at the advance price, will they refund the difference when we get to the park? I am also going to see if I can have a friend with an active AP purchase them, but have no idea if this would even work.

No clue but we'll be at the same party!! We don't/won't have APs, my mom has a Disney Visa - I wonder if she could purchase them for us, as of now she's not joining us on our visit. Do we even know if there's a Dis Visa discount this year...?

Shannon, that is super helpful advice! Thank you! :hug:

Also, can I just say how much I love the DIS?! Everyone is so helpful. And it's fun to see who else is planning to go to the party the same night. I'm getting so excited!:yay:

No clue but we'll be at the same party!! We don't/won't have APs, my mom has a Disney Visa - I wonder if she could purchase them for us, as of now she's not joining us on our visit. Do we even know if there's a Dis Visa discount this year...?

I haven't seen any mention of a Disney Visa discount yet, but know they have offered them before at the AP price. We have one too...so that is another back up plan. I am going to ask about the Disney Visa when I call on 7/9 too. Will let you know what I find out.

I just posted a thread with this info, but wanted to post it here since this thread prompted me to call today :goodvibes

I decided to call Disneyland's AP line to get some answers if possible to my questions...
I spoke with a very nice CM, named Kristin. I asked about purchasing at the AP rate on the 9th with my pass not being activated. She seemed to think I would be able to do this on the 9th even with the pass not being activated. I also asked her about the Disney Visa, and if a discount will be offered with them when the tickets go on sale to the general public. Kristin told me that I have a Disney Visa card, I could purchase the tickets NOW at the AP advance purchase rates. She said they have been available for purchase for a few days. I also inquired about DVC members, and she said they get the same deal as Disney Visa members....
This made my day! :wizard:
As soon as I get home and have my Visa #, I am buying HP tickets.

I just posted a thread with this info, but wanted to post it here since this thread prompted me to call today :goodvibes

I decided to call Disneyland's AP line to get some answers if possible to my questions...
I spoke with a very nice CM, named Kristin. I asked about purchasing at the AP rate on the 9th with my pass not being activated. She seemed to think I would be able to do this on the 9th even with the pass not being activated. I also asked her about the Disney Visa, and if a discount will be offered with them when the tickets go on sale to the general public. Kristin told me that I have a Disney Visa card, I could purchase the tickets NOW at the AP advance purchase rates. She said they have been available for purchase for a few days. I also inquired about DVC members, and she said they get the same deal as Disney Visa members....
This made my day! :wizard:
As soon as I get home and have my Visa #, I am buying HP tickets.

Hot Dang! Now to find out if my mom's card can purchase our tickets with her not going with us, I don't see why not... What # did you call? Would you call that same # to purchase the party tix?

We will be at that party too! We had to change dates so we are going from Oct. 22-25th and doing the party Tues. the 23rd.

We too have the voucher and not our actual ap's yet. I am not sure if I will be able purchase, I plan on calling on the 9th to find out.
If not I will be able to activate our AP's next month since we are going in July too, But I do not see why it would be a problem to get the ap discount since we are paying for it.

I am thinking the Tues. Party would be less crowded, that is my thought anyway, thats why we scheduled it for the middle of the week, but who knows how many other people are planning on Tuesday also thinking the same thing. I could end up being more or just as crowded as the Friday night one! :scared:

Hot Dang! Now to find out if my mom's card can purchase our tickets with her not going with us, I don't see why not... What # did you call? Would you call that same # to purchase the party tix?

Dang! Hopefully you can.
I called the AP Member Services line at 714 781-7277. I don't see why you can't call that # too. Kristin was ready to my Disney cc# and get the tickets ordered w/o any AP involvement.
I hope it works for you.

Just my opinion, but locals still may not go on Tuesday nights b/c of school in the morning.
So, I would still think Tuesdays are less crowded than Fridays. :teacher:

Happy planning! :maleficen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter