Q about Gte booking and upgrade at port?

TagsMissy

It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.
Hey guys... just a quick question? We're going back and forth between a couple of cabin options... If we book one of the GTE rates are those up-gradable at the port if we decide we actually want a better room category?

Hey guys... just a quick question? We're going back and forth between a couple of cabin options... If we book one of the GTE rates are those up-gradable at the port if we decide we actually want a better room category?

Ok...do you mean a regular GTY booking or one of the discounted, last minue IGT, OGT or VGT rates?

I know you can upgrade a regular GTY booking and I believe people have reported being able to upgrade their IGT, OGT or VGT cabin at the port if upgrades were available.

MJ

Ok...do you mean a regular GTY booking or one of the discounted, last minue IGT, OGT or VGT rates?

I know you can upgrade a regular GTY booking and I believe people have reported being able to upgrade their IGT, OGT or VGT cabin at the port if upgrades were available.

MJ

Yes... sorry cruise virgin here, planning a cruise this spring before our cruise next summer.... I meant the IGT/OGT, etc...

Yes... sorry cruise virgin here, planning a cruise this spring before our cruise next summer.... I meant the IGT/OGT, etc...

Yes you can :thumbsup2 We were able to upgrade our VGT room on our Wonder (Pixar) cruise last Sept. We were assigned a 7a room and were able to upgrade to a 4a.

Any stateroom can be upgraded provided there is room available. Basically, there's a chart of prices of upgrading from your current category to the one you want, and this will be at a discount.

But YMMV with *GT rates in terms of what you pay. For example, if you booked IGT or OGT, you may end up with an outside or even a verandah. Technically, the upgrade cost would be from the lowest category you were booked on (ie 11C if you booked IGT), but some were upgraded from the category they were assigned. And this could be a big difference, specially if you got bumped up a bit.

To answer OPs question, if you book IGT or OGT, there's a possibility you would be bumped up to the next type of stateroom. Last August, on our first cruise, we booked OGT. We were assigned a cat 5e stateroom. We were bumped up. Most of the folks that booked VGT were bumped to a cat 4. OGT were moved to cat 6 or 5. IGT were moved to oceanview. But of course your mileage may vary... OP: You need to decided on the type of stateroom you are willing to accept - inside, oceanview or verandah. Then you can hope to be bumped, and even look for an upgrade at port.

Last year, I knew of someone that booked IGT. Got bumped to an oceanview, and then at port upgraded to cat V.

Yes you can :thumbsup2 We were able to upgrade our VGT room on our Wonder (Pixar) cruise last Sept. We were assigned a 7a room and were able to upgrade to a 4a.

I don't feel so alone now, I couldn't believe we were assigned a VGT cabin of 7A
I hope to upgrade at the port. May I ask how much more you had to pay for the 4A? Thanks for any info.

I don't feel so alone now, I couldn't believe we were assigned a VGT cabin of 7A
I hope to upgrade at the port. May I ask how much more you had to pay for the 4A? Thanks for any info.

We were on a 7-night on the Wonder. The price was $350 for the VGT (7a) to a 4A. We were also offered a 1-bedroom suite for just under $1000 (I think it was $950 or $975).

Luckily we were assigned one of the secret verandah 7As so we would have been happy with it, but for $350, we were able to get the same room that we had stayed in twice before so that was cool. I'm kind of kicking myself now for not taking the 1-bedroom though :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter