PVB and One time use points at 7 months hahahaha

River Country

15hours49Minutes away without traffic
Yeah i know i was just lurking at dvc website and looked at the availability on the PVB studio at 7 months go off the board by 8:12 am this morning. here is my question if i am able to book as much as i can at 7 months and i need 15 points for the final night am i able to call MS at 9 and get the points i need for the final night as long as my check in date is with in the 7 months and i am not booking more than 7 nights? or because i need the OTU points will i have to wait until i am 7 months from that actual date?

I don't think you would have a problem if you call them and tell them you want to modify the reservation to be 7 nights but you need to by one time use points-since you booked the reservation at 7 months if you want to extend your date to the max 7 days allowed I don't see why it would be any different if you bought one time use points or used your own-just make sure you say modify current reservation to include 7th night
This way you are in 7 month booking window AND it will guarantee same room if all on same confirmation #.
I'm surprised there was avail until 8:12 today-for the first few weeks in Oct it was until 8:01 or 8:02 lol

Yes, others have previously reported you can do what you are proposing. The prohibition is that you cannot use one time use points by themselves to make a single reservation, but you can use them to add to an existing reservation.

That is really good to know. I was toying with the idea of switching at the 7 month mark to try PVB for Thanksgiving if it was available but I am 2 points shy and would need to use OTU points since I don't want to borrow 2 points. It might not work anyway since the final night I am wanting is Black Friday but I guess I will see what happens with availabilty that week.

I did it today I booked what I had points for and called MS and got the 11 OTU points I needed to complete the reservation at PVB hahaha so excited

I did it today I booked what I had points for and called MS and got the 11 OTU points I needed to complete the reservation at PVB hahaha so excited

Congratulations- it's been booked solid every day, you really lucked out :)!

I was online first thing the morning my 7-month window opened. A studio was available, then when I clicked through it was no longer available. :( So I waitlisted it along with the following night and that came through about a week later. So EXCITED!!! It's only for 2 nights, we are staying at AKL with friends the following 6 nights in a 2BR Savannah view, which will also be nice, but really wanted to stay at PV if we could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter