Putting the wild child on a leash!

I bought one at Walmart in the baby section for like three dollars. It had a harness and a wrist strap. We used it last November when my youngest was 2 1/2. It was the best thing I ever did!

My older two would never have needed one. But this one is a little wild child!!! (And I wouldn't want her any other way.)
She did not like the harness, but loved the wrist strap. She said it was how we hold hands without getting wet. I think she meant how her hands get sweaty when they are being held.

A couple of times we connected it to the stroller and she thought she was pulling the stroller.

I always hated the idea, but after trying it out, I was convinced. In today's world, it is sad but true that if they disappear for a second you may not get a second chance. I wasn't willing to take that risk.

Still...I do agree that everyone has to do what feels right for them.

Heather C

when my D was younger she was at the mall w/ her dad and she was staring at these kids and he didn't know why. She looked up at him and said "did you see those dog kids?" ha ha. He had to explain it to her. She's almost 5 now and still calls them that. But as a kidding thing.

I personally say do what YOU feel is nessacary to feel safe w/ your kids.

We are going to DW this fall and I am planning on using ours. I have twin 3 year olds and twins 7 year olds. If the 3 year olds wish to walk and it is crowded I will use them. If I had 1 child it would probably be a little easier to keep my eye on them but!!!! We don't! I have heard very ignorant comments from people because I do have four children. I am so use to not caring what people think! Such comments as "glad it is you and not me" and "Are you done?"

What I am saying is do what you know is right and do not care what people say or think. You can never please the majority and stares and comments will come from people no matter what.

Also, have you ever lost a child...boy that can ruin a day. Even after you find them, you will have that sick feeling!

Not worth it!!:cool:

we just returned, saw lots of people using them, even on kids that looked to be 6 or 7. I wish I had brought mine for my own sanity....I stupidly 'lost' my 3 year old and didn't even realize it. We walked down the ramp for Small world, I thought he was right behind me. When we go to board and the CM says how many I say 7. She says line 7 and 8...the usual. I have one foot in the boat and realize he's not with us. Luckily it was a walk on. I run back up the ramp and another family says 'he's up there.' When I make it to the top the poor little guy is running in circles screaming. I felt so bad. My mom thought I had him and I thought she had him. He was probably up there for less than a minute, but when I realized he was gone it felt like 10 minutes...worked out in the end :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter