• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Putting kids jammies on in Park?

Won't the kids wake up when you get back anyways to brush their teeth? I would just get them dressed in jammies then, because I'm a germaphobe! Wouldn't want them riding rides, and walking around etc in jammies and then putting them into bed in the same clothes.

To me it seemed like OP was talking about putting them in their jammies to watch the nighttime shows not ride rides and walk around, maybe I am misunderstanding? I don't see anything wrong with it at all if that is what you think is best for your kids and will make your life a little easier then go for it, and as far as what people in the park might say/think....I am sure there will be people there wearing a lot worse than their jammies.

I think for the little ones, it's fine. The 6 year old should be allowed to choose. My 5-year-old refused to wear pajamas when we went just for the nighttime stuff over the summer. If they're going to be riding rides at night and not just seeing the show, I might hold off, or just do pajama pants and a t-shirt, which tends to be more socially acceptable as they get older (I see teenagers at the parks like this all the time). I would just change in a regular bathroom stall. Honestly, I'm a bit on the wider side in terms of my size and I can fit into a regular stall with my 5-year-old no problem. They aren't so tiny that you'd have to take up a handicapped stall and the older kid can have her own stall if needed.

I will note that it tends to get pretty cold at night as others have said, so have some jackets or sweatshirts, too. Even a warmer southern California day in the daytime (mid-70s for example) can still be in the low 50s or 40s at night. I used to go in the winter every year when I was in college and every single year, I had gloves, a warm hat, a scarf, and a big jacket at night.

When my littles were littler :) I always got them ready for bed at the parks. But I did it just as we were leaving- we didn't walk around any further after changing, and they rode in the stroller and didn't walk around. My kids always, without fail, passed out in their stroller on the walk back to the hotel, so I liked to have them ready rather than wake them up. I brought tooth brushes, too. The baby care center is great for this, but it closes right on the button of park closing, so just keep that in mind. Whatever works for your family, I say!

Honestly, at that age neither of my kids would have been willing to wear pjs in public, so you might want to get thier opinion on the matter. Though they were never really into pjs in general, they usually just take off their pants and sleep in whatever shirt they are wearing, so it's not a big deal.

I know I have seen kids in their pjs in the park before, I just personally wouldn't find it worth the effort. And there's always the chance that they'll be so excited from the evening that they actually won't fall asleep before you get back, then it will be a wasted effort.

If your kids don't mind and your doing it just for the night time shows I do not think there is an issue with it. I say go to the baby center to do it and not in a handy cap stall. I think its fine and up to your family.

The parks are pretty dirty. It depends how you feel putting your kids to bed in something that's made contact with who knows what. I wouldn't do footed pajamas and Crocs, what if the shoes slip off.

Also, I wouldn't go by the measure of it's ok to tie up an accessible stall for changing clothes if no one is waiting. What if someone comes in and has to wait longer than they would have because you're using it as a dressing room. They don't have the option to wait for the next available.

Most bathrooms I was in had at least 2 accessible stalls. This is Disneyland, not McDonalds. They're built for volume, and part of that volume includes the disabled.

Also at 4 and 6 most children can put on their own pajamas with minimal help from a parent, can they not? You could easily use a regular stall. If the kid needed some help, mom could block the stall doorway while assisting to still maintain privacy.

I really think 6-yrs is too old and inappropriate to utilize the Baby Care center for changing a child. When I was a nursing mommy in there I would have been annoyed. We have always just been bundled up - or now that I'm a parent - bundled up our own kids. I'm not sure if you were asking if people will judge you if your kids are in jammies (to which I say probably not and if they do they're probably just mean spirited) or if you should change them?

When I was a kid my Mom would take us to the bathrooms and change us in the stall to sweatpants/leggings and then add a jacket to what we were wearing. I think pajamas would take the same amount of time. I don't think there should be an issue with you using a handicapped stall if you are aware of how fast you are doing it - not just lollygagging. Every Mom has been in the situation of having to move faster than you ever thought you could when it came to your kids so use your Mommy Superpowers and be in and out of the stall fast! :)

I love how many responses! And that people have opinions about something I thought was sort of boring! I did mean for the show and trip back to hotel, was wondering if it was worth the effort to bring jammies, and what area closest to NOS The 5, almost 6 year old might not want to

Ack, baby bumped me and it posted prematurely! Modern problem. Wondered which bathroom closest to NOS would work if needed. I have no issues using a handicapped or family bathroom if needed. I'm super fast. If I need the space (ie have a baby in a ergo back or front pack and can't maneuver in a regular stall) than that is what a big stall is for.

Nobody will look at you funny, that is for sure. Oh the things I have seen. Sometimes I see adults in onesie footie pjs. No joke.

Whatever works best for you!

Ack, baby bumped me and it posted prematurely! Modern problem. Wondered which bathroom closest to NOS would work if needed. I have no issues using a handicapped or family bathroom if needed. I'm super fast. If I need the space (ie have a baby in a ergo back or front pack and can't maneuver in a regular stall) than that is what a big stall is for.

I would go for downstairs at Hungry Bear. Huge restrooms that aren't typically all that crowded.

I don't think anyone will judge you for having your kids in their PJs. Disneyland has all sorts of people who dress different and comfortable and have fun with it too.

I think you should not worry about what anyone else will think and do what's best for you and your family. There are people from all walks of life, with different opinions, but you know what works for you!! I say go for the jammies...and use the Hungry Bear restroom:)

Nobody is going to judge the kiddos in PJs. Do whatever is best for your family.

I totally think the baby care center is fine if you don't want to take up a handicap stall. They really aren't just for babies or nursing mothers but are also for smaller kids and I believe have a family restroom.

Your 4 and 6 year old may fight the idea so just be prepared for that. One nephew won't wear PJs out the house (he just turned 4) and another won't fall asleep in anything he has worn before he gets into his bedroom. He is a neat freak though and even at 2 almost 3 needs to be changed at his bed or he cries and says he is uncomfortable.

If I need the space (ie have a baby in a ergo back or front pack and can't maneuver in a regular stall) than that is what a big stall is for.
Actually, no, it isn't. The "big stall" is designed to allow a wheelchair to have access. It is designed with hand rails to allow a person to transfer and balance. It is designed for room to allow a companion to a disabled person. While I don't have a problem with using it if there isn't a person waiting for it, I would hope anyone using it would be quick and allow a person in a chair to have access first.

I was totally amazed this past summer at the number of people who don't understand why these larger stalls are there. Until my daughter was confined to a wheelchair over the summer and could only use the handicap stalls, I really thought most people did as I did. But having my daughter in a chair this summer really opened my eyes to other people's attitudes.

If 5 stalls are open, one allowing me space to turn around, then I'm using the big one. I have never seen a person with a wheelchair waiting for a bathroom, but if I did I would direct them in front of me, as I would a heavily pregnant person or someone with more small kids than me doing a potty dance. Sorry you had a bad experience with your daughter. Don't assume everybody else is an ****** though.
Actually, no, it isn't. The "big stall" is designed to allow a wheelchair to have access. It is designed with hand rails to allow a person to transfer and balance. It is designed for room to allow a companion to a disabled person. While I don't have a problem with using it if there isn't a person waiting for it, I would hope anyone using it would be quick and allow a person in a chair to have access first.

I was totally amazed this past summer at the number of people who don't understand why these larger stalls are there. Until my daughter was confined to a wheelchair over the summer and could only use the handicap stalls, I really thought most people did as I did. But having my daughter in a chair this summer really opened my eyes to other people's attitudes.

Those kids may not be as tired as you think while in the park. My fondest Disney memory is chasing my then 3-year old daughter back to the entrance of Space Mtn moments before midnight with her screaming "One more time Daddy" all the way. No way would she have stopped to put pajamas on.

Nobody is going to judge the kiddos in PJs. Do whatever is best for your family.

I totally think the baby care center is fine if you don't want to take up a handicap stall. They really aren't just for babies or nursing mothers but are also for smaller kids and I believe have a family restroom.

Your 4 and 6 year old may fight the idea so just be prepared for that. One nephew won't wear PJs out the house (he just turned 4) and another won't fall asleep in anything he has worn before he gets into his bedroom. He is a neat freak though and even at 2 almost 3 needs to be changed at his bed or he cries and says he is uncomfortable.
I do not believe the baby care center has a family restroom. They do have short toilets for potty trainers, but they have a sign saying you must be less than 42" to use them. They also aren't in regular stalls...they are partially open to the diaper changing area.

I had to use the restroom myself after changing dd there, and I was told the nearest adult restrooms were the ones on the other side of the plaza inn.

I do not believe the baby care center has a family restroom. They do have short toilets for potty trainers, but they have a sign saying you must be less than 42" to use them. They also aren't in regular stalls...they are partially open to the diaper changing area.

I had to use the restroom myself after changing dd there, and I was told the nearest adult restrooms were the ones on the other side of the plaza inn.

Oh I wonder if that is a difference between Disney World and Disneyland. I've only ever been inside the WDW ones and assumed they had a similar set up at DL. I almost remember the WDW one (Epcot) had a bathroom and even online they list that the changing area has a unisex bathroom. I just imagined since the private nursing room is suppose to be separate from the changing/bathroom area that a 6 year old really should be disturbing a nursing pair. I do see there is a big difference in description when looking at WDW versus DL baby/lost child areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter