Put your thinking caps on.. Gingerbread Mickey Kitchen!

tnmom25

Dreams Don't Work Unless You Do!
I'm wanting to redo my kitchen with a Mickey/Gingerbread theme. I have only two ideas and I need help!!!

#1 - I thought of painting the walls in sage green satin paint then add glaze and stamp mickey heads on the walls. That way you can only see them at certain times when the lighting is just right... I love Hidden Mickeys!!! Then I could stamp or stencil gingerbread mickey heads for a border & get Mickey drawer pulls. I can't think of anything else for this one

#2 - Paint the walls gingerbread color and make a stencil for 3 peppermints in the shape of Mickey's head.

I'm counting on the countless creative minds here to lend me some ideas!! Please!!

I like the brown wall ideas. However, I'd suggest not going overboard on the stencils. You could just go with a basic Mickey stamp, and then just add the red swirls.

For curtains (if you have windows) you could go for a simple plaid curtain.. if you are crafty, you could even make your own.

If you go to eBay (or I'm sure other places), you can find various Mickey kitchen accessories.. paper towel holder, etc.

Maybe you could find gingerbread/Mickey related artwork? I tried searching on Ebay, but I couldn't find any.

Sorry, I couldn't think of that many ideas, but I thought I would offer a few. :)

ETA, I don't think I can add links from eBay, but if you do a search for "Disney Gingerbread," you'll see a couple of Disney Gingerbread albums. They aren't Mickey-related, but they would make neat art work if you framed them. They are pretty cheap.

For curtains (if you have windows) you could go for a simple plaid curtain.. if you are crafty, you could even make your own.

If you go to eBay (or I'm sure other places), you can find various Mickey kitchen accessories.. paper towel holder, etc.

Maybe you could find gingerbread/Mickey related artwork? I tried searching on Ebay, but I couldn't find any.
I like the curtains idea. Maybe I could find some material with candy on it and put red plaid trim? I looked on eBay too, but came up with nothing. That's why I posted here.

ETA, I don't think I can add links from eBay, but if you do a search for "Disney Gingerbread," you'll see a couple of Disney Gingerbread albums. They aren't Mickey-related, but they would make neat art work if you framed them. They are pretty cheap.

Awesome idea!!!! I saw those too, but didn't give them a second thought!! I will definitely try that!!

I'm going to wait until after our December trip before I do anything so I'm hoping to come across some more stuff at wdw in the Christmas shop. Also, I'm saving money for the trip!!

I am not sure how into Disney stuff you are. I LOVE Disney, but don't want everything to scream Disney.

What about getting some gingerbread accessories and adding Mickey's to them some how. Like a Mickey ears hat to a gingerbread doll.

The gingerbread theme would work nicely with some of the Mickey accessories because of the red color.

You could make the gingerbread ornament recipe (search the net for it, I think it is cinnamon, glue and applesauce) and then use gingerbread men and mickey shaped cookie cutters and use them as some sort of display or decoration and your house would smell good too!

Use those same cookie cutters and make silohette pictures and frame them. You could do three pictures since they will be small. One Mickey shaped one, one gingerbread man and one gingerbread man with Mickey ears on his head.

I think your kitchen is going to look awesome and very homey. Be sure to post pictures when you are done. I can't wait to see it.

When are you going in December? We are going the 2nd to the 12th.

I am not sure how into Disney stuff you are. I LOVE Disney, but don't want everything to scream Disney.

What about getting some gingerbread accessories and adding Mickey's to them some how. Like a Mickey ears hat to a gingerbread doll.

The gingerbread theme would work nicely with some of the Mickey accessories because of the red color.

You could make the gingerbread ornament recipe (search the net for it, I think it is cinnamon, glue and applesauce) and then use gingerbread men and mickey shaped cookie cutters and use them as some sort of display or decoration and your house would smell good too!

Use those same cookie cutters and make silohette pictures and frame them. You could do three pictures since they will be small. One Mickey shaped one, one gingerbread man and one gingerbread man with Mickey ears on his head.

I think your kitchen is going to look awesome and very homey. Be sure to post pictures when you are done. I can't wait to see it.

When are you going in December? We are going the 2nd to the 12th.

I love your ideas and I'm adding them to the list!!! I feel the same as you, I LOVE Disney stuff, but don't want people to walk in and feel like they are in a Disney store! I already have three stuffed gingerbread men that I could put ears on and a gingerbread stencil that I'm thinking of adding ears to. Other than that, I have a gingerbread man cookie jar and coffee mug, but that's all I have so far.

We are going Dec 1-8 and can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

I am not that computer literate and don't know how to post pictures myself. So I haven't been able to show off what we have.

Our house is pretty plain except for the few Disney things. We have some snowglobes and a hanging candle in the living room. Some salt and pepper shakers in the kitchen (we have silverware and a pizza cutter too, but you can't see them because they are in drawers). That is about it.

We are not a crafty family so can't just do things even when we have ideas.

Someone hear sent me pictures of her Disney home. They are amazing. I still need to get to the post office and send her a little thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter