• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PUSH- the interactive trash can

I loved these stories about Push. "Sitting in Pooh". :rotfl2:

I am also picturing a young child going up to every trashcan and trying to talk to them. :rotfl2: That is one of those great moments to remember!

I love Push! I seek him out every time I go to Auntie Gravity's.

Once, while enjoying a nice Hot Fudge Sundae from AG with my mom, we saw a young boy (abaout 7, old enough to know better) kicking Push (this kid was hitting him hard, and his parents were laughing - whatever). There was no way I was going to let that kid beat up on a defenseless garbage can. I walked over and said, "Hey, leave Push alone, he didn't do anything to you!." The kid walked away in to Mickey's Star Traders and a grateful Push said, "Gee thanks, lady, you saved me!" I really enjoyed bonding with that can....nice to see so many people appreciate him.

BTW, that story is just adorable. This is what I come onto the DIS for - magical stories like that. :wizard:

Push is in tomorrowland....mostly out the open....is silver/purple

Pipa is at Rafikis Planet Watch (Conservation Station)

Wes Palm is in front of DAK most mornings...and occasionally you may run into R2D2 at MGM near Star Tours of course.

Push and Pipa are cousins basically speaking....both are awesome. Pixiedust at its' best that is for sure! :wizard:

There's a guy that stands about 20-30 feet away, ball cap and sunglasses, one hand covering a small mike at his mouth, the other hand in his "camera bag" running the controls. Took about 5 minutes to spot him, then I circled kinda near, and sure enough, what he was saying was broadcast through the trash can with that electronic voice.

Next time you see PUSH, look for the guy (or someone acting like that).

Here's the one from Rafiki's:

72728785-L.jpg

:bounce:

SuperGurl said:
This is the first I ever heard of Push, PIPA & Wes Palm. Who is operating them?

Here he is..

HPIM0934_253.jpg

HPIM0930_249.jpg

HPIM0929_248.jpg

He keeps one hand close to his mouth as that must be where the microphone is and he keeps one hand in the bag to operate PUSH.. He pronounces his name Pee ush... My daughter got a kick out of him..

My family saw PUSH on our Christmas 2005 trip. The guy operating him that time was actually right in the middle of the crowd! He was really good at being discreet, no one around him noticed at all. The only reason I spotted him was that I was following my mother to the restroom and she bumped him wihtout realizing. When I turned to apologize to him for her I noticed he was talking into his hand. It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what that was about, but of course I dragged my mother back to watch. We were careful not to give him away though. I was impressed!

DSCN0128.jpg

We never found PUSH but on our first trip (honeymoon) to WDW - and on our first morning - we ran into the palm tree outside AK. He was so funny, making a lot of snappy jokes at DH's expense. :rotfl: I don't remember all that he said except "Did someone take a weed-whacker to your face?" (because he has a goatee) We'll never forget that tree...and we'll certainly look for him, PUSH, and PIPA on our next trip!

Just to clarify the can in Tomorrowland is named "push-push"
and the wandering can at Animal Kingdom is his cousin "pipa"
They are certainly huge fun to interact with and if you look around when you encounter them you might see how they work.

It looks like Nbtstatic caught Pipa's "seceret operator" in the middle of the picture.

I saw Push's "best friend" for the first time earlier this month. My cousin and I spotted him right at the same time. It was really fun to watch the kids' reaction.

I heard about this on the thread of "secrets" but have never seen a picture of it (thanks bettyann).. Thanks for the post here. I plan on finding them this year. :)

You're welcome! It's hilarious because noone notices him... You would think that people would but they really dont.. Me and DD8 came across PUSH last September when we went by ourselves.. it was the first time I saw him and we didnt see the operator at that time.. I thought he was in a building closeby or something.. but I had read something about him on these boards so when we went back this March I found him.. I got the whole thing on video tape too.. I think he is great!! Last September he had my daughter in stitches.. we had to go back by that spot a few times during the day to see if he was there.. once he was and we were there for a while.. she liked him better than some of the rides.. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter