Pure "Disney Magic"

Tyggress

Mouseketeer
I am getting ready for a multi-day trip to DL next week and was thinking of all of my favorite things that Disney does that makes Disney, well...Disney! In my opinion, it's the attention to detail in all of the theming and the little extra special touches that make DL (and I'm sure WDW, though I've never been) heads and shoulders above the other theme parks in the world.

One of my favorites: Being in Cars Land at dusk when the neon lights start to flick on one-by-one throughout Radiator Springs and "Life Would Be a Dream" starts to play. I have goose bumps now just thinking about it...it's one of the small things that only Disney thinks of doing that completes the theming and makes being there a full experience. You're transported into a whole other time/world at that moment and it's Pure Disney Magic...

Being an AP holder, and going to DL many times every year, there are still little experiences like that I miss. So, I'm asking all my fellow DISers...what are some of your favorite Pure Disney Magic in the parks that I shouldn't miss?

I love some of the connective parts of the DLR; how the Main Street stores are linked together, the lester-travelled trails (like the one by the Warf Café, or on the right side of the Castle), and the sounds in these quieter areas.

I love the surprises, like when a CM randomly hands my kid a button or when we get there super early and a CM slips us a Magic Morning pass. I love how the CMs always call my sons a prince or a superhero name and how my daughter is always a princess. And I really love CMs that go out of their way to make us smile by talking to the kids, getting into character, etc. In the parks themselves, I love the details, like the landscaping that's always perfect, the music that makes you feel like you've traveled through time, and the rides where there's so much detail that you find something new every time (like PotC or IASM).

I think right now, my favorite magic of all is the chills I get when I know PtN is going to start. I hear the first notes of the tune and it's like I'm a child again. I've gotten some strange looks from people when I start getting more excited than my children. But there's something about that parade that just brings me back to what it felt like to watch parades as a child--the wonder, the complete awe. You just don't get that many other places.

One of mine was riding on the Lilly Belle, you don't go to town hall. Goto the main street station and see if they are running it. Also just walking up and down main street looking at all the windows. And of course we always stop to get pictures of Walt's Window above the Fire Station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter