Purchasing the monorail

wisbucky

3 Years until we our Floridians permanently!!
I am looking at purchasing the monorail as a gift for DH. He has always wanted the monorail and wants to set it up permantely. I am not to familiar with it other than I know they have one set up at DTD. Can anyone tell me what the basic package costs and the size of it. Also maybe someone out there knows of a site that has all the monorail accessories listed. I am totally clueless as to what I am looking at buying. :confused3

Hi Wisbucky -

Are you referring to the plastic one that is set up in Once Upon A Toy Store or a die-cast track?

PS - Is Wisbucky a town up north? :confused3

Hello DisneyTrippin

Yes those are the ones I am referring to. They are plastic and can be purchased in a box that is like three feet long and about 2 feet wide. I have seen many other taking them on planes.

Wisbucky is not a town it is our nickname as we are Wisconsin Badger fans. Thanks for asking and go Badgers..............

This sounds cool......about how much does it go for?

DD and DH would love something like this! They tried to build a monorail going thru their lego Contemporary Resort (decent job they did!) and it was ok, but more like a train!
Thanks!

We purchased one of the basic sets on our last trip in November. I was able to carry it home (towncar, plane, etc) without the kids noticing :confused3
I bought it just as we were leaving for home or might have had it shipped. We got ours at the Contemporary (4th Floor in the center of the lobby).

It was a surprise for them on Christmas morning; Santa set it up around the the tree :flower:

It was a large rectangular box with a handle on the top. The set we have has the black monorail cars and tracks. As I said, I believe it was the basic set (aka: cheapest ;) ) and I think it cost around $80.00..

Now we have a tradition to purchase one piece each trip to add to the set - I believe you can purchase all the monorail resorts and the TTC...

I love listening to the recording play - puts me right back in the magic..
"Please stand clear of the doors....."

Have Fun!

Thanks! This sounds great, and we're staying at the Contemporary....we'll see how DD6 reacts when she sees it!

Whoa! It has the monorail announcement on the thing?! I'm adding this to my wish list .... it's growing so much! :sad2:

We bought ours several years ago at the Disney Store (at Mayfair Mall if you are from the Milw area) for about $80. I have not seen them recently but it might be worth a try rather than carrying it home from Orlando.

Go Badgers!!

I called Disney Merchandise directly, and I believe the monorail with oval track is $60 plus shipping. Each of the hotels is another $40. People sell them on ebay for more than it would cost to buy and ship direct from Disney!! I believe I found the phone number on Mousesavers. I'll go look for it...

http://www.mousesavers.com/merchandise.html

Scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page "WDW Direct Park Exclusive Merchandise" and you'll find the phone number. They can describe all the extras that you can purchase separately for your monorail system. I'm getting one this year to go around the Xmas tree! Cool!!

We've had the monorail set for a couple of years or longer (I can't remember). If you buy the basic set, make sure you have enough track. We set up ours around our Christmas tree, and DH had to get extra to fit around the tree.

Also, once you start, you'll keep adding pieces and it takes up a lot of room! :) We have the Poly, CR, GF, castle, Haunted Mansion, train station, Epcot ball, AK's tree of life, ... It's fun to set it up at Christmas

i heard the cars are 100,000+ each and the track is huge so hope you have a big back yrd. oh did you mean a toy?:)

Jann If DH sees your comment he will want the REAL THING!!! Please dont do that to me. LOL :rotfl:

ufgator said:
We have the Poly, CR, GF, castle, Haunted Mansion, train station, Epcot ball, AK's tree of life, ... It's fun to set it up at Christmas

I've just started collecting - but there is a Haunted Mansion??????

Where oh were did you find it?

N.E.D.

Does anyone know how much track you get with the monorail to start?

I have seen the haunted mansion on ebay but I know I also saw it at WDW last year.

I got the basic set a couple of years ago and decided it was going to take up too much room to add very much on. Tough decision because they are cool.

Warning, there are websites dedicated to people who have put up little monorails in their backyards. Nothing like Disneys but interesting.

I bought mine a few years ago - started with just the basic monorail and one extra box of track (just in case). Put it around my xmas tree and everyone wanted one! I definitely use the extra track. I now have the epcot ball, contemporary, polynesian, plus the shrubs/street light accessory and also got the dumbo ride, astro orbitor, and the teacups when they were available. It's really cool - can't wait to add another piece to it this year!

How big is the basic set, how many feet of track, diameter etc? I need to know please.

wisbucky said:
How big is the basic set, how many feet of track, diameter etc? I need to know please.

Ok here is the information right off the box. Disney Monorail ( Gold this year btw. )

Five Cars
Headlights
Authentic Monorail sound
61 1/2" by 49" Oval track ( 14 feet of track 12 curved and 2 straight pieces )
Uses 2 AA batteries, not included.

SKU # 4 00127 00052 3 ( price is 60 bucks american )

Hope that helps you out.

Cheers: :cool1:

NewEnglandDisney said:
I've just started collecting - but there is a Haunted Mansion??????

Where oh were did you find it?

N.E.D.

We bought the Haunted Mansion last October. We found it in a couple of the stores in DTD. You will find it where you find the monorail, hotels, etc.

jann1033 said:
i heard the cars are 100,000+ each and the track is huge so hope you have a big back yrd. oh did you mean a toy?:)

100g's is not bad, here in las vegas we have 9 driverless Mark 6's going up and down las vegas blvd south. the city paid like $1.75 million for each 4 car train. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter