Purchasing Resale - What's it mean to our original contract?

disneyfan2kids

DisneyFan3Kids now, but I can't change my name.
If I were to purchase resale (TTS/etc) - what factors do I need to keep in mind to make the points "easiest" to use? Meaning, if I currently own SSR with a December use year - Do I need to keep the Dec use year in order to combine new points under my current contract? (I'd prefer to not have to worry about 2 banking deadlines/etc.) OR - if I'm resale can they not combine my contracts anyway? I don't want to get into a situation where I make a ressie and I only have (for example) 9 pts left on one contract and have to book continuous days using the 2nd contract. Does that make sense?

We love SSR, and won't mind more points there if it means making our contract easier to manage bc we can combine them. BUT if we will have to eventually manage 2 contracts anyway b/c of resale...then I might consider an OKW contract (with same use year) b/c of our love for the size of teh 1BR there. But if we do OKW...doesn't it make the managing of 2 contracts a nightmare (ie. book 11m out for OKW, and then wait until 7m out to book remaining days using SSR contract points?)

So confused.... any help is appreciated!

If it were me, I would stick with the same use year, just for the ease of combining points at 7 months. As long as the second contract is deeded the same exact way the first contract is, they should be able to give it the same contract number with a different last couple of digits, making it a "slave" to your original "master" contract.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

Keep the same UY, titled the same, you can use your OKW points at OKW at 11 months or your SSR points at SSR at 11 months. You can combine both contracts at 7 months and book anywhere.

We own at 5 resorts to guarantee our 11 month availability.

:earsboy: Bill

Keep the same UY, titled the same, you can use your OKW points at OKW at 11 months or your SSR points at SSR at 11 months. You can combine both contracts at 7 months and book anywhere.

We own at 5 resorts to guarantee our 11 month availability.

Great! 2 Questions:
1.) What do you mean by "titled the same"?
2.) I only have 150 SSR points...and would be considering purchasing another small-ish OKW contract. Now that we've decide we really only want 1br's in future...neither of these contracts would be large enough to consistenly book a full week at either resort...so, wouldn't we be "stuck" booking only the # of days that the contracted points allow... and then hoping at 7m that we can extend that vacation using other home resort points? Am I thinking correctly?

"Titled the same" just means that the names of the owners for each of the different contract have the same names and spellings on them. When they are the same, then contracts with the same UY will appear under the same membership.

Each contract you buy will have a unique contract number. Each UY you own will be under a unquie membership number. All contracts under the same membership will have a contract number that just increases by one. For example if you had 3 contracts, two in UY DEC and one in UY MAR it would look something like this

DEC: Membership: 59511110022 with Contracts: 1234567.0 and 1234567.1

MAR: Membership: 58882222333 with Contracts: 987654.0

The main difference with owning multiple resorts and different UY is the different banking deadlines for each different UY and the fact that you can't combine points at different resorts for one reservation until the 7 month mark.

Great! 2 Questions:
1.) What do you mean by "titled the same"?
2.) I only have 150 SSR points...and would be considering purchasing another small-ish OKW contract. Now that we've decide we really only want 1br's in future...neither of these contracts would be large enough to consistenly book a full week at either resort...so, wouldn't we be "stuck" booking only the # of days that the contracted points allow... and then hoping at 7m that we can extend that vacation using other home resort points? Am I thinking correctly?

You have a title deed on your SSR contract, the OKW has to have the same names matching the SSR contract to keep Disney from giving you a second separate membership.

You bank and borrow to double or triple your available points. One year at OKW, the next at SSR.

Your case is a little different because both SSR and OKW usually have availability at 7 months so home resort priority isn't as much of a factor.

I suggest that you hold off on OKW, use your SSR points at 7 months to stay at all of the WDW resorts. In a few short years you might find out that you like a different resort better and you might need to buy there to get a reservation at 11 months.

You have a title deed on your SSR contract, the OKW has to have the same names matching the SSR contract to keep Disney from giving you a second separate membership.

You bank and borrow to double or triple your available points. One year at OKW, the next at SSR.

Your case is a little different because both SSR and OKW usually have availability at 7 months so home resort priority isn't as much of a factor.

I suggest that you hold off on OKW, use your SSR points at 7 months to stay at all of the WDW resorts. In a few short years you might find out that you like a different resort better and you might need to buy there to get a reservation at 11 months.

OH! That makes sense now that you said Banking/Borrowing every other year! I think that means I may consider OKW...with a Dec use year then :-)

We've stayed at SSR, OKW, VWL, BWV... all with 7m notice. I still am partial to SSR/OKW though. Never stayed at BLT (just not my thing wouldnt' even try there at 7m. We really don't like AKV at all (resort is nice enough...just again, not somewhere we'd choose to stay.) HAven't done BCV, and would like to one day - have to try that pool eventually. Otherwise, I'm comfortable trying to get the others at 7m. We're flexible - travel at slow times - and have always gotten our waitlist when we wanted it. Thanks for the advice!

Just a few thoughts to keep in mind:

OKW expires in 2042 (a limited amount of extended contracts expire in 2057) SSR will expire in 2054. You may enjoy the extra 12 years some day. Also SSR dues are lower, $4.74 vs. $5.21 You may need a 2BR or a Grand Villa in the future, having all the points at the same resort may make it easier to book the larger units.

Good luck deciding, you can't go wrong with either. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter