Purchasing Points as a Gift?

MickeyFan84

Mouseketeer
Thanks for everyone's help so far as we've investigated becoming DVC members. I think we are planning to purchase 150 points at SSR. In addition, my mother is giving me 50 points as a Christmas gift (she's the best! :goodvibes ). This leads to my first question: Can she pay for those points with a credit card if she won't be on the deed? Secondly, I'm not sure what would be the best way to set this up: a 150 point contract with a 50 point add-on or just a straight 200 point contract. Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm going to play with some numbers this weekend and our guide is out of town so I can't talk to him until next week.

I would set this up as 4 - 50 point subcontracts in your Master Membership.

The Rationale: Much easier to sell smaller contracts, and they sell at a premium compared to larger contracts. Also, when it is time to visit the castle in the sky, you can leave each child or other benificiary their own DVC contract, no messy litigation!

I believe, but I am not certain, that your Mother could pay via credit card, to your account. Ask your DVC guide for the details.

Also do you have a referreal name for the current promotion?

SSR at $86.00 pp is better than $101. pp.

Welcome Home!

-Tony

my guide told me that there were now closing costs on all initial purchases through disney.. no matter the point purchase, that costs were on the 1st 150 points... add ons were another story.. do not know if 2 simultaneous would work..

I would set this up as 4 - 50 point subcontracts in your Master Membership.
Can they do that as new members? I thought the initial contract had to be a minimum of 150 points, so a 150-point master and a 50-point add-on would be possible. I would be surprised if Disney would set it up as four 50-point contracts.

We aren't members yet so I don't think I can set it up as 4 50point contracts can I? The ability to split the contracts if necessary is why I am considering doing the 150/50 split but I will have to see how that affects closing costs I guess.

Can they do that as new members? I thought the initial contract had to be a minimum of 150 points, so a 150-point master and a 50-point add-on would be possible. I would be surprised if Disney would set it up as four 50-point contracts.

I asked my guide this question in December, and she said yes. It had to be one transaction, same resort, same useyear, but they would do that.

-Tony

I asked my guide this question in December, and she said yes. It had to be one transaction, same resort, same useyear, but they would do that.

-Tony

I asked my guide this same question. I was considering an initial purchase of 200 points. I have 4 kids and wanted to know if I could have 4 50pt contracts and my guide said no. I would need 1 150pt contract and 1 50pt contract. I may have purchases SSR directly from Disney if I could have done the 4 50pt contracts since I would have given them to my kids when they got old enough. Since I couldn't do this I decided to buy resale where I wanted to stay (BWV) rather than SSR for the extra term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter