• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchasing photo package in advance

poohbear1029

<font color=deeppink>Masquerading as a normal pers
I got an email today to prepurchase print or digital packages for our cruise in December. Is it worth it to purchase? If I considered anything it would be the $150 for 10 digital photos.....and even that seems steep. Is it going to be much higher on board? Do you typically find there are 10 photos that you REALLY have to have?

I got an email today to prepurchase print or digital packages for our cruise in December. Is it worth it to purchase? If I considered anything it would be the $150 for 10 digital photos.....and even that seems steep. Is it going to be much higher on board? Do you typically find there are 10 photos that you REALLY have to have?

The prices for individual photos and packages are the same onboard the ship. If you're unsure as to how many you are going to buy, you can wait until you are onboard. One note, make your purchase before the last night. The last night of the cruise is a madhouse in Shutters. As is disembarkation day.

Our first cruise, the packages were different and we purchased the smallest (pretty much equitant to the 10 photo package, however). Since then, we've typically just bought 1 or 2 photos.

We ended up buying the CD with all prints for out 7 day it was $400 but that included 215 pics with all the prints, it sounds steep but come on we are already spending almost 8k on the vacation what another $400 for the great professional memories and yes their was at least 50 pics we wanted but we took advantage of every pic location because I knew we would be buying the cd in fact I had the photog take at least 2 poses sometimes more

Another way to look at it is you are probably going to spend at least $100 per person on excursions well think of this as an excursion

And finally the way I saw it was $400/215=$1.86 per pic you can't beat that deal not even at target or JC penny

The prices for individual photos and packages are the same onboard the ship. If you're unsure as to how many you are going to buy, you can wait until you are onboard. One note, make your purchase before the last night. The last night of the cruise is a madhouse in Shutters. As is disembarkation day.

Our first cruise, the packages were different and we purchased the smallest (pretty much equitant to the 10 photo package, however). Since then, we've typically just bought 1 or 2 photos.

Thanks. The info said that 8x10 prints on board would be $19.95, so I wasnt sure if that was more than prior to. I think I have until a few days before to decide. I tend to go overboard on pictures and am also hoping we can use one for our christmas cards, etc. If it will just be the same onboard, I dont have to get swept up in the hype to buy them before.

Thanks. The info said that 8x10 prints on board would be $19.95, so I wasnt sure if that was more than prior to. I think I have until a few days before to decide. I tend to go overboard on pictures and am also hoping we can use one for our christmas cards, etc. If it will just be the same onboard, I dont have to get swept up in the hype to buy them before.

I'll also point out that you can purchase, say, a 10 photo package and, if you decide that you don't want that many, they will credit back the price and only charge you for what you're actually buying.

I'll also point out that you can purchase, say, a 10 photo package and, if you decide that you don't want that many, they will credit back the price and only charge you for what you're actually buying.

Good to know!

I was just on the DVC member cruise on the Dream, and the last night was a madhouse. I went back at 7am on disembarkation day, and there wasn't any real line.

Bring a good camers, we are long time disney people. Shutters is not photo pass, we did 200 deal got home and could not work with photo's. Pick out a few and buy, but join the club to get them replaced. The people at WDW at photo pass say they here it all day long.

Bring a good camers, we are long time disney people. Shutters is not photo pass, we did 200 deal got home and could not work with photo's. Pick out a few and buy, but join the club to get them replaced. The people at WDW at photo pass say they here it all day long.

I have never gotten a Photopass picture in the parks that compares to the quality we get at Shutters. Sometimes I have a hard time even choosing between different takes of the same pose. The Photopass photographers are always very nice people, but they are not professionally trained and it shows. The only time our Shutters photos weren't up to par was a small set taken by an "Earning My Ears" photographer and once we saw her mistakes twice in a row we simply avoided her sittings and gave some gentle feedback to her supervisor.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

I am very seriously considering the $400 package. If I get 200 pics will I literally carry off 200 printed pics plus the digital copy? I think it is one heck of a deal. We are going to use it as family portraits. We can give them to the inlaws and parents.

I am very seriously considering the $400 package. If I get 200 pics will I literally carry off 200 printed pics plus the digital copy? I think it is one heck of a deal. We are going to use it as family portraits. We can give them to the inlaws and parents.

Yes. :thumbsup2 I got the cd and 180 prints. Nearly all were perfect. I have shared them with family all over the world, both digitally and printed. My daughters are 17 and 19 and I think the chances of the four of us travelling together just us are slim at best. I budgeted for the pictures the same time I prepaid my tips, before paying off the cruise itself :goodvibes

Where do you purchase the photo package?

Also, do they take pics if the kids while they are in the kids club?

No, the photos are not ones from the kids clubs, sadly as they did some pretty fun things I wish I had pictures of!

We did the 10 photos on CD package on our last cruise on the Fantasy. I made sure that we took advantage at least a couple of photo opportunities each day to increase the odds that we would end up with 10 worth paying for. In the end, we found exactly 10 that we wanted. I know that many people feel that the full package is worth it to them, but 10 was plenty for me. For one thing, I took my camera everywhere and got lots of great photos myself. As you may know, the CMs will take photos with your camera at most character meet & greets. Also, I don't want to spend the time that it would take to get enough photos to justify the price of the full package. It's hard enough to get my DH and DD to stand in line for enough photos for the 10-photo package!

Be aware that, unless things have changed since April, all of the photos on the CD will have DCL borders around them. I ended up cropping some of mine -- some more successfully than others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter