• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchasing a resale ques

abarnes64

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I have taken some time and have been reading up about resales, as recommended. I LIKE what I am finding! I DO see the value in SSR resale. I called and spoke with a representative at timeshare store and also DVC resale..... I have also read most of the ROFR thread :)

My questions now:

-any particular company better to deal with and why? Experiences you'd want to share?

-what is a good price to offer for a resale? I understand that there is a diff between listing vs offer vs accepted price? What is fair? Is there a rule of thumb? I see some contracts come stripped and others are loaded. Prepaid MF's, etc? Who normally pays closing fees, etc.

-I'd be lying if I said I don't want the deal, but I also think within reason....I'm a pretty fair person.

Thank you for taking the time to share!

-any particular company better to deal with and why? Experiences you'd want to share?

-what is a good price to offer for a resale? I understand that there is a diff between listing vs offer vs accepted price? What is fair? Is there a rule of thumb? I see some contracts come stripped and others are loaded. Prepaid MF's, etc? Who normally pays closing fees, etc.
Generally, The Timeshare Store is among the most professional. Others might be as good but I cannot of any that's better.

Since you are interested in SSR, be aware that for the month of December, closing prices at SSR ranged from about $60/point to $80/point, with $71/point being the median.

Small contracts sell for more per point, large contracts for less. A typical contract is 150 to 200 points.

5 contracts were ROFR'ed; 2 at $55/point, 2 at $64/point, and 1 at $65/point.

Since closings typically represent the market from a couple of months before, that should give you an idea of what the market was like back in October.

Since October, asking prices for SSR are essentially unchanged. Therefore, I suspect the current market for SSR to be similar to October's market.

In ROFR now for a BWV contract - through TSS.

Tried all 4 major brokers - was more interested in the contract particulars (resort, UY, total available points and total price) than working with one broker or another - but in general my contact (Jason) with TSS were the most timely and professional.

Tried all 4 major brokers - was more interested in the contract particulars (resort, UY, total available points and total price) than working with one broker or another - but in general my contact (Jason) with TSS were the most timely and professional.

We only used TSS because we found what we were looking for there. We were also pleased with the service and also had Jason for one of our contracts.

When we bought our contracts, we offered quite a bit lower than asking and negotiated. It depends on the seller how much they're willing to come down.

We only used TSS because we found what we were looking for there. We were also pleased with the service and also had Jason for one of our contracts.

When we bought our contracts, we offered quite a bit lower than asking and negotiated. It depends on the seller how much they're willing to come down.

Rillsung- how much less? Can I ask you? This is another of my questions. What to offer without making the seller angry or wasting everyone's time? Within reason of course!

MiramarQE- I have apoken with Janue of TSS yesterday- I hope she is a pleasure to deal with :) seems nice and qualified on DVC info

i'd offer what you feel comfortable with. I offered on a bay lake tower contract what I thought was a deal and they may have not even countered with. They accepted it without counteroffer. You'd be surprised.
I have purchased 2 through ********** and they have been extremely great to work with. we close tomorrow on that blt contract!
Its not like a home where you have to leave your home, do the showing, etc...i wouldnt' worry about "sellers getting mad" with a contract. but if you dont' get a counteroffer you probably are too low

Rillsung- how much less? Can I ask you? This is another of my questions. What to offer without making the seller angry or wasting everyone's time? Within reason of course!

there is no real answer to this. depends on the seller.

make an offer that makes sense to you and if the seller is unwilling to deal with you further, simply move on to the next contract.

doing your research and looking at recent entries in the ROFR thread should give you a ballpark number to aim for (remembering that lowballers are more likely to put their info in the ROFR thread in the first place).

but a lot of the pricing depends on how badly the seller wants to get out and how desperate you are to get in. a seller who is content to sit and wait till they get their asking price will be more offended by a low price than someone in a hurry to sell...you never know.

We like the Timeshare Store. We have bought and sold with them multiple times over the years since initially joining DVC in 2002. They always keep you informed along the way which is wonderful.

We are in the middle of purchasing a resale on an SSR contract through The Timeshare Store right now. It's under 100 points and was the use year I needed. I did not want to lose this contract since it was on the smaller side and was in my use year so we agreed to buy it at $78 a point. 2014 points were there, but not the 2013. But that's okay. I've been watching resales for over a year now and I finally saw what I was looking for and I didn't want to have to wait another year to see one pop up. ;)

I've only purchased once so I haven't tried anyone other than The Timeshare Store. We bought 2 200 pt contracts from the same seller in 1 closing. I was very pleased with the service from the Timeshare Store and would highly recommend them. They were great at answering questions, and were extremely knowledgable. I'm an engineer and thus enjoy asking difficult questions, and they did a great job answering them. (Better than most of the Disney DVC salesmen I've met)

We've sold thru TimeShare Store and just bought thru them at the end of last year. Professional. We offered 6 dollars under asking price and we settled at 4 dollars under asking price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter