Purchasing a PE upgrade

well, £3,715.28 buys you three seats in Upper Class, two adults and one child, as I know to my cost :rotfl:

Blimey, that really is an awful lot of money isn't it. I once got a free upgrade to UC on my way home from Orlando and it was a very nice experience that transformed the way I felt when I got off the plane at the other end but breaking it down there is no way on earth that it was worth that much more money than flying in cattle class. Having said that (and completely contradictorily) If I had the money I think I would pay it without hesitation. :confused3

Blimey, that really is an awful lot of money isn't it. I once got a free upgrade to UC on my way home from Orlando and it was a very nice experience that transformed the way I felt when I got off the plane at the other end but breaking it down there is no way on earth that it was worth that much more money than flying in cattle class. Having said that (and completely contradictorily) If I had the money I think I would pay it without hesitation. :confused3

I am one of those strange people that belives my vacation starts at the airport and honestly if I had to fly economy long haul, then I would rather not go. My personal feeling is that no holiday is worth being crushed into seats with less space than what cattle get to cross the channel.
We all have our personal quirks which is what makes us all different I suppose :goodvibes

I am one of those strange people that belives my vacation starts at the airport and honestly if I had to fly economy long haul, then I would rather not go. My personal feeling is that no holiday is worth being crushed into seats with less space than what cattle get to cross the channel.
We all have our personal quirks which is what makes us all different I suppose :goodvibes

Nothing strange about it, and I really don't blame you, if being a university lecturer paid a bit better I would be quite the same. :thumbsup2 Luckily I am not a particularly big chap :lmao:

Nothing strange about it, and I really don't blame you, if being a university lecturer paid a bit better I would be quite the same. :thumbsup2 Luckily I am not a particularly big chap :lmao:

That's one of my problems, I am 6ft 1" and the wife is 5 ft 9" so those 31" seats kill :-(

First ever time we went to Florida was on a charter, some 20 years ago and both of us ended up losing three days of the holiday with bad bakcs from being squeezed into those seats. I vowed at that time never agaion and have stuck to it.

That's one of my problems, I am 6ft 1" and the wife is 5 ft 9" so those 31" seats kill :-(

First ever time we went to Florida was on a charter, some 20 years ago and both of us ended up losing three days of the holiday with bad bakcs from being squeezed into those seats. I vowed at that time never agaion and have stuck to it.

Just out of curiosity who was that charter with 20 years ago? The first time I went was as an 11 year old 27 years ago and we flew with Air Florida, now that really was cattle class.

Just out of curiosity who was that charter with 20 years ago? The first time I went was as an 11 year old 27 years ago and we flew with Air Florida, now that really was cattle class.

i'm racking my brains on that. It could have been monarch or Thomas Cook.
The flight originated in Glasgow then came down to Birmingham.
By the time we got on at Birmingham, all the non smoking seats had been taken at glasgow so we were surrounded by smokers who lit up every time the aircraft landed/took off, and this flight went Glasgow-Birmingham-bangor-Orlando
It was truly hell!

i'm racking my brains on that. It could have been monarch or Thomas Cook.
The flight originated in Glasgow then came down to Birmingham.
By the time we got on at Birmingham, all the non smoking seats had been taken at glasgow so we were surrounded by smokers who lit up every time the aircraft landed/took off, and this flight went Glasgow-Birmingham-bangor-Orlando
It was truly hell!

Good God that really does sound bad. Back in 1982 with good old Air Florida we had a 16 hour delay at gatwick, boarded the plane and then waited for another 3 or 4 hours on the tarmac. I remember that I fell asleep on the plane for a couple of hours and when I woke up I asked my mum if we were nearly there yet and she pointed out of the window to show me that we were still on the ground at Gatwick. Then sitting though 8+ hours with one film that nobody had ever heard of being shown at the front of the cabin and having to pay for those terrible headphones that looked like stethoscope to hear it. After that even Virgin's economy cabin seems like I've had an upgrade. :thumbsup2

It's really bizarre - my bf is 6'4 and has legs like a spider, but he's fine in economy - maybe he sits differently to everyone else?! :rotfl:

Everytime I fly I say to him - I'm NEVER flying economy again! This time I mean it! I'm determined that this will be our last economy flight :thumbsup2 at least long-haul.

It's really bizarre - my bf is 6'4 and has legs like a spider, but he's fine in economy - maybe he sits differently to everyone else?! :rotfl:

Everytime I fly I say to him - I'm NEVER flying economy again! This time I mean it! I'm determined that this will be our last economy flight :thumbsup2 at least long-haul.

I think it also depends on your body structure, i.e. how much of you is leg and how much is torso

I can take a 2 hour flight into Spain, but thats my limit in crushed up seats

hi, we are in the same position we paid for our flights with miles so hoping we can get an upgrade at the airport, we fly on the 31st oct and we are on vs15 the second flight of the day so hopefuly everyone will have gone in the holidays or the first flight, well fingers crossed lol, susie

Is there anyway of checking what seats are available in PE? I was thinking of surprising my wife and upgrading - we fly this Sunday on VS075.

hi, i usually go on virgin atlantics site and put my flight in as if i was going to book a flight, it will then tell you whats available, tilly

Is there anyway of checking what seats are available in PE? I was thinking of surprising my wife and upgrading - we fly this Sunday on VS075.

Well,
a very full flight.
Only one seat available in UC (12K) and one seat in PE (76C) but it now does not show VH blocked PE seats
Only 7 empty seats in economy

seat availability id only show 2 seats in W, K & S ticket classes so I think you may be out of luck

Oh well, thanks for looking for me. At least we will have more money to spend on the other side!

Well,
a very full flight.
Only one seat available in UC (12K) and one seat in PE (76C) but it now does not show VH blocked PE seats
Only 7 empty seats in economy

seat availability id only show 2 seats in W, K & S ticket classes so I think you may be out of luck

Can I ask how you are able to tell how full a flight is? When I look on my flight for September 4th VS075 It shows most of the seats greyed out so I am unable to tell if they are sold or just hidden this far out.

Can I ask how you are able to tell how full a flight is? When I look on my flight for September 4th VS075 It shows most of the seats greyed out so I am unable to tell if they are sold or just hidden this far out.

I have access to a site which shows loads etc.

You flight is very full.
Only three seats in UC
one seat in PE (apart from VH held back seats)
and only 7 seats in economy, all singles.
Economy have released all seats (aprt from special ones, exits etc) from rows 29 all the way to 64, so you can see its a full flight

hi if you dont mind could you check our flight please, 31st october 09 from gatwick vs15, thanks susie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter