Purchases from DTD sent to your resort?

WILDERNESSWOMAN

Earning My Ears
Can I have purchases made at DTD sent to my resort, or does that only apply to purchases in the parks? How long does it take items to get to you resort? Will it ever be longer than the next day?

DTD purchases can also be sent to your room..Mine have always arrived in one day.

You can send packages back to your room from any of the stores on Disney property (Parks, Resorts, DTD, Water Parks etc) as long as you will be at the resort the next day. In other words if its your last full day there and you are leaving the next day you can NOT send packages to your resort since it does take 1 day to get to your resort.

When we were at DW last August we had a package sent from DTD to our resort. However, they did not send it to our room. They sent it to the resort gift shop and we picked it up from the gift shop.

I thought I read somewhere on these boards that you have to be staying in concierge now to have your purchases delivered to your room. Otherwise, they'll be delivered to the resort gift shop or if you have park purchases, they'll deliver them to the front of the gate where you can pick them up as you exit.

I was just at WDW earlier this week and we had a purchase sent from DD to POFQ. They were even nice enough to put a purchase from POR giftshop (just one item as they had to hand write it on the slip) in the bag. It was at the POFQ giftshop the next day.

Also for those who are doing a split stay, if you are making a purchase one day but will be moving to your new resort the next day just put your new resort on the slip when you fill it out. Tell the person at the store that you don't know your room number yet in other words explain the situation and they will still forward the package to your new resort. Worked great for us on our last trip.

If you tend to buy quite a bit at DTD, dollar wise around 200+ have it shipped back to your house. If you do that and live out of state you won't have to pay sales tax. You will have to pay for shipping which turns out to be the same as or less than the sales tax though. But your items are insured and less luggage to haul home.

I do this frequently.

Just make double sure your room number is marked clearly on your package reciept that will accompany your purchase. Ours didn't come through clearly on one purchase from DTD to WL and it was put into the wrong room slot at the gift shop. Thank goodness the CM working the previous day remembered my name and hunted it down herself but it took
1 1/2 days to get it.

mnasf said:
When we were at DW last August we had a package sent from DTD to our resort. However, they did not send it to our room. They sent it to the resort gift shop and we picked it up from the gift shop.

Sorry I should have been more clear. They do send them to your resorts giftshop for pickup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter