• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchase Ap at Resort

dmure

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if you can purchase an Ap at checkin if you booked an Ap rate? Or where can you purchase one if that can't be done?

You need to purchase it at Guest Services at one of the parks or downtown disney. I'd check in and then go get the annual pass and bring it back to the hotel. I've never had a problem doing this. That said, you never know when they are going to change the rules. In any case, it cannot be bought at the hotel. I would think as long as you have the voucher on you you'll be fine.

That's good to hear, since I have my voucher and an AP rate ressie. When I booked it, I was told I would need to activate it prior to check-in. I wasn't really looking forward to it since we'll be arriving around 9:30 at night! :earsboy:

We bought our AP at the local Disney Store before going on our trip. We showed the voucher at check in.

Just and FYI - none of the Disney stores in the mall sell AP's anymore. The only Disney store that does is the one at Orlando airport. They will sell you an activated one that day as soon as you walk off the plane. They do not sell vouchers or activate them though.

You shouldn't have a problem checking in with a voucher, we weren't even asked to show our AP but if the CM gives you a hard time when you show the voucher, ask to speak with a manager and tell them it will be activated and shown to them the next day. I have never heard of anyone having a problem.

Good Luck

We purchased 5 day base tickets with out package. We later decided to upgrade to APs. When I called and talked to a CM he said we could just go to GS when we checked in and they would apply the cost of the MYW tickets to the AP cost. Since I will be getting in after 8pm with small children, I'm not sure I want to go to DTD or one of the parks to do this. Can I just upgrade my ticket over the phone before our trip? How long does it take to get a voucher in the mail? Will this affect my MYW + dining package?

I have not purchased an ap because I am waiting to see if general codes come out first for our visit in March 06. If they don't I want to purchase an Ap after I see if I can get an ap rate. If that happens I will need to purchase the ap-couple of questions.

1. If I order the ap from Disney does it come to me already activated or do they mail a voucher?

2. Does ticketmania sell ap's and is that a voucher?.

3. Would it be best to buy ap from Disney even if activated closer to my trip or just wait and go to Epcot prior to checkin of the hotel to buy ticket?

4. I thought you could get one (voucher)from guest services at your resort and then have it activated at Epcot.

5. Can you activate a voucher at Magic Kingdom?

What would you do?

1. If I order the ap from Disney does it come to me already activated or do they mail a voucher?

AP's purchased in the State of Florida are already activated. AP's purchased by phone or online are vouchers sent to you or available for will call pick up at the parks.

2. Does ticketmania sell ap's and is that a voucher?.

Only Disney sells AP's.

3. Would it be best to buy ap from Disney even if activated closer to my trip or just wait and go to Epcot prior to checkin of the hotel to buy ticket?

That's your choice. Whichever one is more convenient for you is fine.

4. I thought you could get one (voucher)from guest services at your resort and then have it activated at Epcot.

Resorts have never sold AP's or vouchers.

5. Can you activate a voucher at Magic Kingdom?

Yes you can. At any ticket booth or at Guest Relations.

They will sell you an activated one that day as soon as you walk off the plane. They do not sell vouchers or activate them though.
So the AP that they sell is the actual ticket to get you in the parks. It is already activated. But if you already have the vouchers, they will not activate it for you. And they do not give you vouchers, they give you the actual activated tickets when purchased... is my understanding correct? Sorry... I think I just need a little bit more caffeine to wake me up!

Can you guys stand one more question?

DH & DS have park hoppers with I think 2 days left on them. Can the store at the airport credit that amount to their new AP's, or does that have to be done at WDW?

Thanks! Michele

mom2cinderella said:
Can the store at the airport credit that amount to their new AP's, or does that have to be done at WDW?
It cannot be done at the airport. All the airport shop is is a retail store. It is not Guest Relations. Applying old tickets to new new ones can only be done at WDW.

*Fantasia* said:
So the AP that they sell is the actual ticket to get you in the parks. It is already activated. But if you already have the vouchers, they will not activate it for you. And they do not give you vouchers, they give you the actual activated tickets when purchased... is my understanding correct?
Yes, your understanding is correct.

GoldenOldie said:
No you can't. You must turn in your ticket to upgrade it.

But we don't have the tickets in hand. They will not be given to us until we get to the resort. It is all part of a MYW + free dining package that we booked. If I could just call and upgrade my ticket from a 5 day to a 6 day over the phone why couldn't I upgrade it from a 5 day to an AP over the phone?

I have another question that has to do with APs...
Is there anywhere in FL where we can buy one without going to the parks first? We will be driving down and I would like to make just a quick stop to buy it before we check into the hotel. Then we would like to rest a little bit before we head off for a night at the parks. Thanks for your help.

-Nicole

planning06 said:
But we don't have the tickets in hand. They will not be given to us until we get to the resort. It is all part of a MYW + free dining package that we booked. If I could just call and upgrade my ticket from a 5 day to a 6 day over the phone why couldn't I upgrade it from a 5 day to an AP over the phone?
Because you won't qualify for the package with an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter