Purchase AK one day tix now or wait for weather report?

Peg S

Earning My Ears
We have one park day before our cruise: Superbowl Sunday! Choosing Animal Kingdom (Down syndrome son and soon-to-graduate veterinarian daughter love animals!) My dilemma: buy tix now to take advantage of FP (whether it is going to be crowded that day is an entire discussion itself)... or wait to see weather report and purchase a week ahead at Disney store "near" us.

1. If it's pouring rain most of the day, don't know that we'd want to go.
2. We're in Minnesota, no idea when our next trip would be...it's been 12 years since last trip (WAY too long in my opinion)
3. But I'd hate to spend the whole day waiting in line.

I'm thinking to bite the bullet and order tix now so I can do FP at the 30 day mark. But one more question: If get tix and all the FP set up, and it's pouring rain that day and we decide to NOT go... I can still keep the tickets for the next trip? FP doesn't mark them "used"?

Advice please!

Thanks so much,
Peg

I'm not sure that time of year is really known for having all day pouring rain.

Really cold as a possibility sure, especially if we are there, but I haven't experienced big rain during that basic time of year.

I personally wouldn't have that as a worry. I could be wrong. Just my experience.

Cold. Not too rainy. Buy the tickets. Go at rope drop. And go to the disabilities section to find out any advice. There are some really cool tours at ak you might like.

Thanks all for your help... I'll check out the disability info too.

I think I'll go ahead and get tickets and book FP. I can handle cold (not saying I'd LIKE it tho!!) but not thrilled about rain. Will hope for the best.

Peg

The other thing I'd say is that AK fastpasses will likely have decent availability even one week in advance at that time of the year. Outside of busy season, I haven't found it hard to get most things on even short notice other than some headliners.

But - I'd say just go no matter what. You said it's been a while and not sure when you'll go back. Disney can be fun in the rain and it's very unlikely to have day long rain - Florida is more know for the on/off rain when you get it. Even if it pours - many of the things you'll do there are shielded from the rain. Obviously not ideal - but I've never let the rain stop me from enjoying Disney!

David: I'm part wicked witch so I just might melt - but I appreciate your encouragement!

Process question: I'd like to use the Disney website buy our 4 tickets to AK (and get FP at 30 days). Do they mail actual tickets or is it all electronic? If paper/to be mailed, I need to get the tickets ordered right away.
Last question (but no promises!): If we end up NOT going to AK before our cruise, will each of the tickets only be usable by the specific person because I assigned the FP?

It's rare in Central FL that the whole day will be rainy. I would pack dollar store ponchos and go for it! DO immediately stop at the disability area as there are things Disney can do to help make your trip a little more enjoyable. ;) Have a blast!

Hey OP, what day are planning on going to AK? I ask because they perform animal medical procedures at Rafiki's Planet Watch that you can observe. Last I remember they do it on Mon., Tues., Thurs. & Friday when Rafiki's opens at 9:30, however my information is a year old now.

David: I'm part wicked witch so I just might melt - but I appreciate your encouragement!

Process question: I'd like to use the Disney website buy our 4 tickets to AK (and get FP at 30 days). Do they mail actual tickets or is it all electronic? If paper/to be mailed, I need to get the tickets ordered right away.
Last question (but no promises!): If we end up NOT going to AK before our cruise, will each of the tickets only be usable by the specific person because I assigned the FP?

I believe you have various choices for delivery. But (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) if you select will call you'll immediately get an electronic ticket number that will allow you to put them into MDE and start selecting fast passes. If you're ordering enough in advance that they'll arrive by 30 days out it probably doesn't matter but if you're ordering closer to the deadline and want to ensure you can make at 30 days, will call may be the way to go.

Also - (and again someone correct me) - as long as a ticket has not be used, it can be reassigned.

Hey OP, what day are planning on going to AK? I ask because they perform animal medical procedures at Rafiki's Planet Watch that you can observe. Last I remember they do it on Mon., Tues., Thurs. & Friday when Rafiki's opens at 9:30, however my information is a year old now.

We'll be there on Superbowl Sunday! Dang, I'm sure my daughter would have loved a chance to see the procedures... surgery on a monkey - awesome!

Kat: thanks for the heads up. I will look into the disability options... patience is NOT my son's virtue, and it can get pretty miserable for all of us! That's why I'm so anxious to get the FP's ready... I see we can get help for other lines too. That would be so wonderful. Thanks.

David: thanks for walking me thru ticketing.

You all are awesome. Thanks so much.

Peg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter