• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Puppy names

EeyoreEma

DIS Veteran
We may be getting a new puppy (dachshund) and I want the perfect name. A Disney name would be my first choice, but i'm torn! Throw some ideas at me!

So far my list includes
Ladybelle
Wendy
Daisy
Nala

Ds wants a boy but we are leaning towards a girl. If it is a boy that we end up with his name will be Zurg.

A doxie is a German breed...I'd seriously go with Ursula, as it sounds sooooo German...

I've also read that in a Disney movie, there is a doxie called "Dinah"

You've also got "Slinky", the doxie from Toy Story

Hope that helps...

What about Buster? The daschund in toy story??

Considering how stubborn a dachshund can be (sometimes with a little evil thrown in), I would think that Cruella would definitely be a good name. :lmao:

I loved all the suggestions! We ended up going with Belle as it is the perfect name for her. She is a real sweetheart!

Our Doxie is Autumn, but I love Belle......I was kind of worried we would end up with a "Cinderella" because it's DD11's dog (given to her when she turned 8) and Cinderella is her favorite Princess but she really didn't want the Disney themed name. I would have simply called her Ella so it would have worked but Autumn suits her perfectly. :) Our girl is a little red fur baby so Autumn really is perfect. All that leads up to me saying............Pictures Please!!! I love Doxie pups, they are so stinking cute!

How about Drizella? My best friend recently got a puppy and named him Wolfrick, which is apparently one of Dumbledore's middle names, and it is my new favourite pet name ever.

We got a new doxie pup just about two weeks ago! His name is August, but we call him Augie and he's an English Cream, which we had never heard of. Basically, he looks like a tiny Golden Retriever.
He's had a tough week this week... was in the hospital with Parvo. We were so scared, but he's home now and definitely feeling better!
I'll post a picture if I can figure out how... and get him to sit still long enough to get a good one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter