• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pulling tickets off of key card

jamackin

Jamackin
In order to do the package, I have to buy tickets as well. We already have tickets so we're not going to use them. I've heard you can pull the tickets off of your card and save them for a later date? Is that true? If so, when you pull them off, what do they put them on to? Is it name-specific? Can the tickets be used any time in the future since I won't have used any of the days on them? Is it ok to pull them off and give them to someone else since they hadn't been used at all yet?

Although you may have reasons you prefer to do it, there is no NEED to strip unused tickets off of your Key To The World card. Even though that card will no longer be valid as a room key or as resort ID after midnight at the end of your resort check-out day, it will still remain good as a park ticket as long as the tickets themselves are still valid. In other words, the ticket doesn't expire just because your vacation is over.

Reagrdless of what medium they are on, unused tickets never expire.

Technically, unused tickets are transferable (or, to use a double-negative, they are not non-transferable).

Just a couple of weeks ago I had tickets transferred to cards that said what type of ticket it was. It was the same type of card as the room key. Makes it much easier for me to keep track of things as I have lots of old still valid tickets that will be used some day.

Did it have your name on it like the key card or was the ticket type just printed on the front of the card?

In order to do the package, I have to buy tickets as well. We already have tickets so we're not going to use them. I've heard you can pull the tickets off of your card and save them for a later date? Is that true?

Yes.

If so, when you pull them off, what do they put them on to?

Typically regular ticket media.

Is it name-specific?

No.. it's not.

Can the tickets be used any time in the future since I won't have used any of the days on them?

yes. Unused tix never expire.

Is it ok to pull them off and give them to someone else since they hadn't been used at all yet?

yes.

I have a couple questions also. Do you know if you could pull water park option tickets. Also do you have to pull them before any of the tickets are used?

ANY remaining ticket entitlements including WP options can be pulled from the tickets BUT.. there are some catches:

1. You can't separate the Waterpark entitlements from ThemePark entries etc. It's all or nothing.
  2. Unless the tickets have the no expiration option .. ALL ticket entitlements expire after 14 days after the first use of the ticket at ANY gated park (themepark, waterpark etc)
  3. And if you have the dining plan, I recommend waiting til the end of your resort stay before having ticket media pulled off your room key - otherwise if the CM doing it doesn't do it exactly right - it can mess up your dining credits.

Last year during free dining I spent so much time on my first 2 days trying to get the one day passes off my key cards that I agree with the above poster - don't do it til the end if at all possible. I ended up at the main ticket and transportation center with Mr. Lou fixing it for us, with multiple trips to the window by others to see how to do it. Do not do it in the resorts, do it at a guest services window if you have to do it. If you will be applying to an AP then do it at the end of your trip.

We did not have any dining cancelled but we were so worried.

:rotfl:
ANY remaining ticket entitlements including WP options can be pulled from the tickets BUT.. there are some catches:

1. You can't separate the Waterpark entitlements from ThemePark entries etc. It's all or nothing.
  2. Unless the tickets have the no expiration option .. ALL ticket entitlements expire after 14 days after the first use of the ticket at ANY gated park (themepark, waterpark etc)
  3. And if you have the dining plan, I recommend waiting til the end of your resort stay before having ticket media pulled off your room key - otherwise if the CM doing it doesn't do it exactly right - it can mess up your dining credits.

Thanks for the info! I never knew you could do this. I think I could have at least a weeks vacation from all unused tickets I had left.:rotfl:

This is my 100th post!!!:dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter