Pulling inventory from CRO

mydogdrew

DIS Veteran
Is it just me or is it more difficult to get MS to research possibility of pulling available rooms back from CRO inside of 30 days? My sense is previously they went out of their way to help - not so much now. Perhaps just my luck.

Also, are the meal plan final locations for 2011 available yet?

Thanks!

Remember that the only rooms that DVC can pull back from CRO are the ones turned over at 60 for breakage. Given the high occupancy of late, it is doubt more than a handful are breakage rooms, so they can't be pulled back.

They can not pull back rooms that were traded for non-DVC locations, rooms in developer inventory, or the rooms in the percentage of ownership retained by Disney. And given the recent system "upgrades" it may be even more difficult to pull back breakage rooms.

I am referring to the breakage rooms. When I hear things like "only SSR has any availability" for the last week of January I become skeptical. Would like to have some visability into the breakage inventory at some point in the future. I mean they are obligated to give me an available breakage room, right?

I am referring to the breakage rooms. When I hear things like "only SSR has any availability" for the last week of January I become skeptical. Would like to have some visability into the breakage inventory at some point in the future. I mean they are obligated to give me an available breakage room, right?

Why would you believe that there would be any breakage rooms at any other resorts, and that all points inventory wasn't reserved at 60 days out? Remember, any points based timeshare is designed to be at full capacity year 'round. There is nothing that leads me to believe that any resort would necessarily have breakage rooms the last week of January. The key to DVC has always been to book early.

I have found that it all depends on the MS CM. Some will take the extra step and see what can be pulled back, others don't seem to check unless you ask.

:earsboy: Bill

I have found that it all depends on the MS CM. Some will take the extra step and see what can be pulled back, others don't seem to check unless you ask.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you - that is my point. Two calls to MS and nothing (except SSR) available during the slowest time of the year 30 days out. Of course there has to be an occasional night single night somewhere that week. My conclusion is MS just isn't inclined to do the leg work here.

Thank you - that is my point. Two calls to MS and nothing (except SSR) available during the slowest time of the year 30 days out. Of course there has to be an occasional night single night somewhere that week. My conclusion is MS just isn't inclined to do the leg work here.

They are probably discouraged from doing the leg work. It takes time. Time impacts the amount of calls they can take an hour. Number of calls they can take per hour impacts member wait time and/or staffing levels required. Member wait time impacts customer satisfaction. Staffing levels increase dues.

Remember that DVCs goal is to keep members as a whole happy - more members are going to be made happier if dues are lower and if wait times on the phone are less than if MS goes out of their way for a few members.

Staffing levels increase dues. Remember that DVCs goal is to keep members as a whole happy - more members are going to be made happier if dues are lower and if wait times on the phone are less than if MS goes out of their way for a few members.
::yes:: I definitely prefer to keep dues lower, than incurring more cost to support pulling rooms back from CRO. Planning ahead is the best approach.

But there is still no evidence of how many, if any, rooms were turned over for breakage. And if any were, how do we know that they aren't already rented? THe OPs statement that there HAD to be some is certainly only conjecture.

Given the ever increasing number of smaller point contracts, increasing the number of owners wanting a reservation at any given time, there will be fewer and fewer breakage rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter