Pull down beds/sofa beds big enough?

Disney's Fan

Mouseketeer
Are the pull down beds and sofa beds in a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with verandah big enough for adults? (6'2") Looking at reserving this for a party of 4 on the Fantasy. TIA!

Just got off 7 days on Fantasy. Some family members put 4 adults in a room and the beds were more than fine.

ok...so I feel like I am "pimping" ((sorry)) out my video..but it is the only public access link I have to our cruise (I do not have a photo bucket account etc...to post just a single picture on here) ((side note...anyone know how I can?)) anyway...assuming all the pull downs are the same on the Fantasy... if you follow the link and fast-forward to 1:27 it will show the pull-down. Hope that helps. I am 5'9" and climbed up there to try it out and I was comfortable... :confused3 Best of luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOddh5BMq3M

ok...so I feel like I am "pimping" ((sorry)) out my video..but it is the only public access link I have to our cruise (I do not have a photo bucket account etc...to post just a single picture on here) ((side note...anyone know how I can?)) anyway...assuming all the pull downs are the same on the Fantasy... if you follow the link and fast-forward to 1:27 it will show the pull-down. Hope that helps. I am 5'9" and climbed up there to try it out and I was comfortable... :confused3 Best of luck!

I use http://tinypic.com/ to download my pictures. It's free and you can do one at a time. Just copy the IMG code and paste it here.

Just an FYI for any adults planning to sleep on the top bunk, the weight limit is 220 lbs. I imagine that some taller folks could easily be pushing that limit.:)

Also, be prepared that if you or the person using the sofa/bunk are used to a pillow-top (or soft) mattress, the sofa and bunk can be super uncomfortable. It at least was for me, but I'm used to sleeping on a pillow-top. I am hoping that there is an egg crate topper available on the Wonder in 14 days, as I'll be on the sofa again in Alaska.

How high is the upper bunk and are there age limits for it? Wondering if my 8 1/2 year old could sleep up there?

How high is the upper bunk and are there age limits for it? Wondering if my 8 1/2 year old could sleep up there?

It's almost as high as a regular bunk bed, but not quite. Your 8 1/2 year old will be fine. My oldest slept up there on our first cruise when she was 4 1/2.:thumbsup2

My son is 16 years old, 6 foot 1 inch tall and is 180 lbs water polo player and he likes sleeping on the sofa bed. One night he slept in the drop down but thought it was to much trouble getting up and down.

I enjoyed your video. Thanks for posting.

My 7 year old and 10 year old switched off for the top bunk. They both loved it. Your 8 1/2 year old should be fine IMO

Also, be prepared that if you or the person using the sofa/bunk are used to a pillow-top (or soft) mattress, the sofa and bunk can be super uncomfortable. It at least was for me, but I'm used to sleeping on a pillow-top. I am hoping that there is an egg crate topper available on the Wonder in 14 days, as I'll be on the sofa again in Alaska.

Thanks for that information. That may be the deal breaker for us. Two rooms it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter