Pulbix holiday hours?

jacmo

Earning My Ears
We land late the 24th and are staying in a rental home. I'm concerned about the lack of paper supplies (tp, paper towels basic needs etc) and wondering what is the best way and when can I get stocked up?

We're going to try and brave the crowds and Disney Christmas day (not sure what park yet) so I hope we can grab food there. Our villa owner is having a starter pack of groceries sent to our house, but no clue what it includes - I think breakfast basics. Coffee, eggs, bacon.

I know there is a Publix nearby (Champions gate) and I've cruised their website but can't find anything out about holiday hours. Any chance anyone knows? I think there is a Walgreen's around there too?

And I'm guessing that great grocery delivery service everyone talks about won't deliver on Christmas day either. :rotfl:

Publix will be closed on Christmas, there is a Walgreens right there as well, but not sure about their hours.

Publix was very rude to us one year on Christmas Eve when we tried to enter the store about ten minutes before closing time. I think they closed at 6PM that year, but wouldn't let us in the doors at 5:50.

You might stand a better chance with a Walmart, though the one we tried was also closed after we left the Publix.

I would check with the owner of the rental. I would expect them to at least provide tp, but if not, that sort of thing is pretty light. You could throw what you need in your suitcase and you'd have room for souvenirs on the way home.

Sheila

jacmo said:
We land late the 24th and are staying in a rental home. I'm concerned about the lack of paper supplies (tp, paper towels basic needs etc) and wondering what is the best way and when can I get stocked up?

We're going to try and brave the crowds and Disney Christmas day (not sure what park yet) so I hope we can grab food there. Our villa owner is having a starter pack of groceries sent to our house, but no clue what it includes - I think breakfast basics. Coffee, eggs, bacon.

I know there is a Publix nearby (Champions gate) and I've cruised their website but can't find anything out about holiday hours. Any chance anyone knows? I think there is a Walgreen's around there too?

And I'm guessing that great grocery delivery service everyone talks about won't deliver on Christmas day either. :rotfl:

If you are wondering about paper products. Their should be at least 1 roll of TP for each bathroom, and at least 1 roll of Paper Towels and Trash bags in each can.

You could check with the owner to see if they have any welcome packs that you could purchase. They would be bought by the MC and left in the home for you. That should include Milk, OJ, Soda, Water, Bread, Butter,Chips, Donuts or a Cake. I am not sure but I think coffee or tea as well. But they depend on what thier MC offers for that.

I think you may be able to call the Garden Grocer for the Delivery or see if you can set up a delivery from the Garden Grocer with the owner of the home before you arrive. I would think thier MC would be able to help you with that.
It sure cant hurt to ask and see what your options would be!

I emailed the owner and asked if there were any options. Within minutes he answered with a response from his MC. They have offered to go grocery shopping for me and have it stocked with my list! How wonderful is THAT?! That takes an enormous load off. :yay:

That's great news, because pretty much everything will be closed by 6:00pm on Christmas Eve.

I was going to suggest Garden Grocer or something along those lines, or possibly just shipping a box of non-perishables to yourself at the villa and grabbing milk at Cumbies or 7-11.

Anne

jacmo said:
I emailed the owner and asked if there were any options. Within minutes he answered with a response from his MC. They have offered to go grocery shopping for me and have it stocked with my list! How wonderful is THAT?! That takes an enormous load off. :yay:

I should say so!!!

now that is a good MC.

Stores by my are the same on holidays. The want to close the store at 6:00p so the employees can go home. By 5:30 the PA system is making announcements telling shoppers to bring their final purchases to the registers. Ten minutes wouldn't be enough time to shop and check out . In others 6:00 is the time they want people out of the store, not the last time for customers to enter the store.

Stores by me might have let you enter if you said you were only getting a bottle of milk but they wouldn't even do that if it looked like there was already a 10 minute line to check out.

swilshire said:
Publix was very rude to us one year on Christmas Eve when we tried to enter the store about ten minutes before closing time. I think they closed at 6PM that year, but wouldn't let us in the doors at 5:50.

You might stand a better chance with a Walmart, though the one we tried was also closed after we left the Publix.

I would check with the owner of the rental. I would expect them to at least provide tp, but if not, that sort of thing is pretty light. You could throw what you need in your suitcase and you'd have room for souvenirs on the way home.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter