PTR: Whoever's family vacation for October 2015

It seems that they haven't released October hours yet which is preventing som ADRs from being booked - I am still waiting on a couple as well. As someone used to planning WDW trips and booking all ADRs at 6am 180 days out it is kinda throwing me off :rotfl2:

Got our confirmation on the WOC Carthay reservation... BB is still blocked out for reservations for our day though....

Had to re-book our Carthay res as the event planner staff picked a regular reservation. Just did it myself. Also locked in my F! BB ressy... it's all coming together

Blue Bayou Restaurant Fantasmic! Dinner Dining Package
Date: Saturday, October 10, 2015
Time: 4:50 PM

Napa Rose
Date: Sunday, October 11, 2015
Time: 8:00 PM

Goofy's Kitchen
Date: Monday, October 12, 2015
Time: 6:30 PM

Carthay Circle Lunch with World of Color Viewing
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Time: 1:30 PM

Only a few more reservations to make. SH55, Plaza Inn, and should I dare to try for a C33 res?

Decided on PP+ for this trip too because we'll be there for so long. Ordered that up today. Only a few things left... ordered cross-bars for the roof rack on the vehicle and will be grabbing a basket soon... simply too much to take for 8 days which doesn't fit in the XC90. Need a suburban with my gaggle.

Decided on PP+ for this trip too because we'll be there for so long. Ordered that up today. Only a few things left... ordered cross-bars for the roof rack on the vehicle and will be grabbing a basket soon... simply too much to take for 8 days which doesn't fit in the XC90. Need a suburban with my gaggle.
I think you will like pp+ our kids always have a fun time making different funny faces on all the rides with pictures. We have a few really good candid shots that the photographersame have been able to capture as well.

I think you will like pp+ our kids always have a fun time making different funny faces on all the rides with pictures. We have a few really good candid shots that the photographersame have been able to capture as well.
We had it for our October trip last year. Definitely was worth it for the ride photos, but we didn't use it nearly enough for the other photogs. Would be great if they could offer the pics in RAW format vs. just JPG too. Maybe even for an extra cost...

A few weeks back I made a rather significant camera lens purchase and rounded out my collection of glass I could ever want....

These will all be accompanying me on this next trip, and if I don't achieve some truly stunning shots I've failed as a photog.

As I had moved to full-frame, I regretfully sold my beloved 18-200mm/f3.5-5.6 and my 12-24mm f/4 DX glass to help fund some FX glass. Sadly.. what I got for those two lens only covered about a third of a single one of this full-frame stuff. Oh well... you only live once...

DSC_3443%20(Large).jpg

From left to right: 85mm f/1.4, 70-200mm f/2.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, 14-24mm f/2.8, and lastly 24mm f/1.4

The three middle are considered the holy trinity of Nikkor glass. They are BIG, HEAVY, and take AMAZING pictures. The end caps are some of the best primes around. Not pictured is my old 50mm f/1.4D which had taken a bad fall from about 4 feet high and cracked the front part of the lens body which holds your filters or lens cap on. It still shoots great though.

Been playing with my two newest recently. I LOVE the 14-24mm f/2.8. It is easily my new favorite lens... it can go WIDE at 114° field of view... amazing...

Been shooting the 70-200 lately and it's a friggin BEAST. HEAVY, and huge. Takes some great shots, but boy do I miss a focal length of 18-200mm in a single lens.

DSC_3551%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3564%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3569%20(Large).jpg

$R2MY9GU (Large).jpg

We opted to get PP+ too, seems like quite a few neat spots set up connected to the 60th anniversary

And... MahaloWeen at Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar on Monday, October 12, 2015 at 8PM booked for me....

Also We've just confirmed two days of sitters during our October trip. The same sitter will be with our girls for a grown-up dinner and evening out to start off our trip and a sleep in lazy morning for the kids while Mom and Dad enjoy an adults-only tour (California Story) towards the end of the trip. Destination Sitters is such a dream to work with. Not only did they manage to get the same sitter for both days, but she is also a mom of three girls. Perfect!

Ugh... swept by the AP price increase. Now I get to pay $150 more for the exact same experience... Thanks for no warning Disney.

When purchased Queen of Hearts costume will not arrive in time at the last minute due to continual backorder issues.... whip up a Cruella DeVille costume in a few hours:

12079542_1052824084762914_8571886904402679857_n.jpg

OK, change of plans... Vic is now going back to Cruella and Charlotte is going to be the Queen of hearts...

Amy is still Mother Gothel, I'm still Dr. Facilier, and Katherine is still Maleficent.

And... the volvo won't be going... Amy rear-ended somebody yesterday... backup plan in full effect, dad was just having a topper put on his pickup, so while the cabin may be little tight, we should be able to fit all our stuff with room to spare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter