PTR: Getting ready for our 1st October visit to DL!

I didn't see that, but thanks for mentioning it! :thumbsup2 I still think that we'll go for seeing the 2nd Paint the Night parade on Tuesday. It'll be a week day and from what I've read on DIS Boards, the 10:45 pm parade is much less crowded.

I did Mommy dates today with each of my kids...where just 1 kid and I go out and do something together. So YDD and I went to Dollar Tree and we purchased a couple of 8-packs of glow bracelets to bring with us to Disneyland. And then we went to Joanne's Fabrics and got 50% off ribbon so that I can make Minnie Mouse hair bows. Plus, I got some thin light blue ribbon to use in their hair braids for the day that we're going to meet Anna & Elsa.

YDD has already decided her wardrobe for our 3 days at DL. :D
Day 1 - she's going to wear this cute dress we got at Kohl's a few months ago. The skirt part of the dress has a mountain scene on it along with Anna & Elsa.
Day 2 - she's going to wear her fancy Elsa costume dress. Well, at least for the morning. I suspect that after our afternoon break, she'll be wearing something else.
Day 3 - it's going to be a Minnie Mouse day for our breakfast with Minnie. So Minnie Mouse hair buns, a Minnie Mouse tshirt, and some sort of skirt.

YDD also announced that she wants to meet Tinkerbell, meet Minnie Mouse, meet Anna & Elsa, and go on Space Mountain. I told her about Tom Sawyer's Island and she said, "What's that?" OMG, what kind of parent am I that this is our 3rd trip to DL and we still haven't taken our kids to Tom Sawyer's Island? o_O

ODD hasn't yet made her wardrobe choices, but she, too, wants to meet Tinkerbell, Minnie Mouse, Anna & Elsa. AND she, too, wants to go on Space Mountain...I think to get over her fear of it from 2 years ago. She said that she's going to go with me on BTMRR, but I suspect that she might chicken out at the last minute.

So originally, I didn't have Space Mountain :teleport:in any of our itineraries, so back to Ridemax I go! LOL!

:happytv:Ok, I just watched a Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy ride through video on YouTube and holy mother of cheese, there is no way I'm taking my kids on that. It will totally freak them out. Seriously...my 9 yr old will totally cry. And my DH is going to hate it because he hates stuff that jumps out at you. SO GLAD I WATCHED IT ON YOU TUBE FIRST!

We are in the home stretch! One week from today, we hit the road! :drive:

Right now, I am feeling very grateful for this trip, given the announcement from Disneyland that some of my favorite attractions will be closed for at least a YEAR because of Star Wars Land construction! No Fantasmic!, no river boat, no sailing ship, no Tom Sawyer's Island, no trips on the railroad?! WAAAAA! :furious:

Suddenly now, this is going to make these attractions all the more popular over the next 3 months before they shut down for a whole year. Holy moly guacamole, the crowds in the evenings will be even more than before!

The weather on our trip is slated to be pretty warm. Highs in the high 80s. BLEH! I'd like 70s please! I think that the next time we go to DL, we will go back to attending in early June just after our kids get out of school since the temps are much lower at that time of year.

Hear you about the upcoming ride closures. Feels wrong to have the railroad down for so long

don't worry about Tom Sawyer's island I did not see that in till i was 18, can't wait to read about your trip but you still have time to change your mind about things.

Oops...almost forgot that I still need to purchase 3 ponchos from the dollar store for when we go on Grizzly River Run. Plus, there's a 20% chance of rain on 1 of the days we'll be there. However, 20% chance of rain here in Arizona doesn't mean much. It's been awhile since we lived in CA, so I've forgotten what 20% really means in southern CA!

WE LEAVE TOMORROW MORNING! party:

And I have a lot to do this evening! Let's see, there is....

• pack my clothes
  • pack kids' stuff.
  • can't forget extra clothes, extra socks, couple of umbrellas, rain boots
  • pack our lunches to eat on the road. Ok, not literally on the road. At a rest stop along the way. Haha!
  • clean the cat box & leave out plenty of food & water for our 2 cats
  • clean the house up a bit since I absolutely hate coming home from vacation to a cluttered home
  • there is an ice cream social & movie night at the kids' school this evening and we are going to that.
  • I have to make a run over to Walmart to get 3 cheap rain ponchos.
  • Remind my DH to bring more than just shorts because the high temp is going to be only 72 on Sunday.
  • don't forget to bring an extra pair of shoes per person in case one pair gets soaked in the rain. Dry feet = happy DISers!
  • forget all about my previous stressing about hot weather. Leave the Frog Toggs chilly pads at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter